Miracle of Sound: Shooter Guy

Meight08

*Insert Funny Title*
Feb 16, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
Shooter Guy

A special bonus song for all the shooter fans.

Watch Video
Did you do that little kid voice? It's very funny.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I'm digging this song.
I love the spinning snipers.
Is that what it's like playing COD on Live?

All of my keys are in the shape of a boot...
I've been told it's quite annoying.

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
i loved the song except the Ghetto Part

because i have an Extreme Hatred for that word

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
Just a brilliant damn song. Excellent job sir, I had a good laugh throughout the entire thing.

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
Hahaha, liked this one a lot. An easy target perhaps, but a good one. I also like the fact you've got the lyrics in the video- nice addition.

maximalist566

Jan 10, 2012
Well, technically, Half-Life 2 is shooter and it's hard to say that laws of physics are not applicable (there should be one Captain Obvious in each CoD thread ;))

Great song, matched all things that I hate in FPBDS (First Person Brain Destroying Shooter).

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
GonzoGamer said:
I'm digging this song.
I love the spinning snipers.
Is that what it's like playing COD on Live?

All of my keys are in the shape of a boot...
I've been told it's quite annoying.
Only about 5% of the games I've played have had spinning snipers.
The other 95% have had corner campers aiming down the sights. :D

OT: Good song as usual, man. Loved the impersonations through out too. :)
Wonder if anyone on a certain channel is going to make a CoD rap that makes no sense now.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Awesome song, Gavin. Love how the "chest high wall" line, was in Yaghtzee voice... or at least that's how i thought it sounded.

"I have a vacuum cleaner sucking up all the ammo off the floor right into my hands)
Epic.

Get to da Choppa!

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
You wrote some really funny lyrics for this one.

"Captain Noisy has a key in the shape of his boot"

Genius

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Already listened to this when you posted it on Youtube. Many times. I think it's another new style for you, and quite an amusing song. It has me wondering though, what was the last video (not this one) that you recorded the video for instead of Clouse? Was there even one? But yeah, great song again Gav.

Oh, and I noticed there was no Battlefield 3 footage. Not a fan?

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Man, I think the use of a slide guitar in a rock song is an instant way to make me like a song. You had me hooked before the first word of lyrics. :)

Kristian Fischer

Aug 15, 2011
brunothepig said:
Already listened to this when you posted it on Youtube. Many times. I think it's another new style for you, and quite an amusing song. It has me wondering though, what was the last video (not this one) that you recorded the video for instead of Clouse? Was there even one? But yeah, great song again Gav.

There was some BF3 footage. It was all from the single-player, though...

D-Mc-G

Nov 17, 2009
brunothepig said:
Pretty sure that's a shot of bf3 about 14 seconds in, but that's about it :p

As for the song itself, I really like it except for the chorus. I think you were trying to go for that light tone maybe to slightly mock the fps characters in the song but I'd have stuck with the more grungy music and vocals from the verses. Still a great song irregardless.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Kristian Fischer said:
brunothepig said:

That would explain why I didn't recognise it. I was thinking about that possibility when I watched the video, then didn't account for it in my comment...
Also two quotes in as many seconds. I thought for sure it was a double post.

thethird0611

Feb 19, 2011
Man, ive been listening to this all week since I saw it on Facebook. The slide is extremely awesome, and I kinda want a ring tone that says 'Chest High Wall'... it was hilarious.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Another great song, Gavin! I was totally bopping my head to the chorus and laughing at the "Chest High Walls" bit. It perfectly illustrates how samey most FPS's (except Gears of War 'cause that's 3rd person) have gotten in the past decade, and how psychotic some online players become. A shame, but it makes great joke & song fodder!

A. Smith

Jan 10, 2011
brunothepig said:
Kristian Fischer said:
brunothepig said:

That would explain why I didn't recognise it. I was thinking about that possibility when I watched the video, then didn't account for it in my comment...
Also two quotes in as many seconds. I thought for sure it was a double post.
There's some more of it here and there...

Looking back, there's some at 1:13 and 3:43 (which is funny, considering the line at the time is "as long as I got my wall I'll never die" and how often walls explode in BF3).

Looks like it's all campaign, though 1:13 could be multiplayer.

In any case... Really, really funny song. It just covers everything! Thanks Mr Dunne!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Mr. Boyfriend is mildly obsessed with this song, and keeps asking me to play it for him (I think he's getting back at me for all those times I played Commander Shepard). Still, I do enjoy it.

And as a sign of how "cool" I am, I can identify each and every game that shows up in the video when it shows up. *+12 loser*