Miracle of Sound: The Call (The Elder Scrolls Online)

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
I.Muir said:
Ernil Menegil said:
Riddle78 said:
I.Muir said:
Good song
Too bad ESO is going to burn like many other failed mmos and zenimax is in full damage control mode.
It's attitudes like this that are to blame for many game failures,MMO or not. You only stand to lose by being so dismissive and pessimistic.

Anyways,amazing song,Gav. I,for one,hope that Zenimax and Bethesda find the song,and hope that the game will live up to the hype...And the actions of that patently Sheogorath-grade awesome Breton from the "Alliances" trailer.
I really wish I could be positive about the game myself, but it's almost assured to be a horrid failure on the game side of things.

On Lore, it is absolutely a failure. None of it makes sense. None of it. Some nuggets of interesting knowledge in there, but for the vast majority, it just ... just ...

I need a scotch now.

Incredible song, Gavin! Absolutely fantastic. Have been listening to it time and time again.
Ive seen the leaked footage, it looks horrid
Coupled with the extreme messing about with the lore

When companies stop responding to their potential customers and bring out the lawyers and the ban hammers, well it's a trend Ive seen too many times before.
Excuse my ignorance but... What are you talking about with that last sentence?

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Ernil Menegil said:
Riddle78 said:
I.Muir said:
Good song
Too bad ESO is going to burn like many other failed mmos and zenimax is in full damage control mode.
It's attitudes like this that are to blame for many game failures,MMO or not. You only stand to lose by being so dismissive and pessimistic.

Anyways,amazing song,Gav. I,for one,hope that Zenimax and Bethesda find the song,and hope that the game will live up to the hype...And the actions of that patently Sheogorath-grade awesome Breton from the "Alliances" trailer.
I really wish I could be positive about the game myself, but it's almost assured to be a horrid failure on the game side of things.

On Lore, it is absolutely a failure. None of it makes sense. None of it. Some nuggets of interesting knowledge in there, but for the vast majority, it just ... just ...

I need a scotch now.

Incredible song, Gavin! Absolutely fantastic. Have been listening to it time and time again.

When companies stop responding to their potential customers and bring out the lawyers and the ban hammers, well it's a trend Ive seen too many times before.
Oh you know hunting down every source of that leaked footage, cease and desist orders and a few people having been banned for critically discussing said video on the ESO forums.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
I.Muir said:
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Ernil Menegil said:
Riddle78 said:
I.Muir said:
Good song

I need a scotch now.

Oh you know hunting down every source of that leaked footage, cease and desist orders and a few people having been banned for critically discussing said video on the ESO forums.
I thought that was pretty standard fare for when someone breaks a legally binding non-disclosure agreement and posts a 20 minute long video in terrible quality deliberately to make your game look worse than it actually is...

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
A very nice song, to say the least.

"White gold
Burning sky
(For the souls of the lost)
Purify"

This part gave me goosebumps. Very awesome, indeed.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Ernil Menegil said:
Riddle78 said:
I.Muir said:
Good song

I need a scotch now.

I thought that was pretty standard fare for when someone breaks a legally binding non-disclosure agreement and posts a 20 minute long video in terrible quality deliberately to make your game look worse than it actually is...
Perhaps but if I was them I would release more beta footage of more preferable quality to alleviate peoples fears, lay out of few more breadcrumbs keep the interest going you know. Just censoring everything makes people think you have nothing good to show them and the quality presented in that dudes one video is all they are ever going to get from this game. This shh everything's a secret thing they are doing is if anything more damaging to them than helpful now.

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
I.Muir said:
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Ernil Menegil said:
Riddle78 said:
I.Muir said:
Good song

I need a scotch now.

Perhaps but if I was them I would release more beta footage of more preferable quality to alleviate peoples fears, lay out of few more breadcrumbs keep the interest going you know. Just censoring everything makes people think you have nothing good to show them and the quality presented in that dudes one video is all they are ever going to get from this game. This shh everything's a secret thing they are doing is if anything more damaging to them than helpful now.
That is the point of NDAs however, if you are doing a beta then things aren't READY to show the public yet. Despite what people think, quite a bit can change between a Beta and final release. Critical bugs can be fixed, optimization to how the game runs can be made, textures tightened up.

To say that the beta footage is proof that the final game will be bad is just something people who weren't going to buy the game are telling themselves to make themselves feel more justified.

If you want to feel justified, then just think about how the game is set in the second Era, and has no real impact on any of the lore you already know and care about. Before Tiber Septim was even born. Think about the 15 dollars, 10 pounds a month you'd have to pay, possibly with a 50-60 dollar "Account" Purchase as well.

And well, that quote about the lore thing, I was angry about that, but it was explained to me quite well, it isn't so much that our heroes in Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind didn't exist, so much so that our characters in ESO if you happen to play it, won't be chosen by the gods to do something great, more like we are real Adventurers. To be honest, you should all be happy it isn't set after Skyrim. You'd all be guards within a week.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
I.Muir said:
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Ernil Menegil said:
Riddle78 said:
I.Muir said:
Good song

I need a scotch now.

They already have several different gameplay demos including one from E3 2013 a few months ago that shows off a ton of different gameplay and looks way better than the leaked beta footage.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
TakerFoxx said:
I love it when you go Celtic.

And is that a snippet of Nord Mead I hear? :p
You're not alone who heard that!

It's awesome, as always. I must say I enjoyed it much more than legend of the frost- this one just sounds way better to me.

Fifty-One

Sep 13, 2010
Damn it Gav!

I'm trying really hard NOT to buy this game and you're not making it easy. I love the Elder Scrolls, but I don't want to play another MMO.

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
Angelous Wang said:
And y'know she got boobs so she'll win an internet popularly contest, and therefore a promotion deal too.
Curse her bewbs!!! Don't get me wrong, Malukah's very good and all, but the best song she ever did was Legends of the Frost

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Cecilo said:
I.Muir said:
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Ernil Menegil said:
Riddle78 said:
I.Muir said:
Good song

I need a scotch now.

That is the point of NDAs however, if you are doing a beta then things aren't READY to show the public yet. Despite what people think, quite a bit can change between a Beta and final release. Critical bugs can be fixed, optimization to how the game runs can be made, textures tightened up.

To say that the beta footage is proof that the final game will be bad is just something people who weren't going to buy the game are telling themselves to make themselves feel more justified.

If you want to feel justified, then just think about how the game is set in the second Era, and has no real impact on any of the lore you already know and care about. Before Tiber Septim was even born. Think about the 15 dollars, 10 pounds a month you'd have to pay, possibly with a 50-60 dollar "Account" Purchase as well.

And well, that quote about the lore thing, I was angry about that, but it was explained to me quite well, it isn't so much that our heroes in Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind didn't exist, so much so that our characters in ESO if you happen to play it, won't be chosen by the gods to do something great, more like we are real Adventurers. To be honest, you should all be happy it isn't set after Skyrim. You'd all be guards within a week.
You're probably right
I am not going to buy ESO but it's not because I want to feel justified in not wanting to get it. Trying to justify not buying a game is somewhat absurd a notion for me. What I am doing is trying to come up with valid reasons for this gut feeling I have about it.

Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Sight Unseen said:
I.Muir said:
Ernil Menegil said:
Riddle78 said:
I.Muir said:
Good song

I need a scotch now.

They already have several different gameplay demos including one from E3 2013 a few months ago that shows off a ton of different gameplay and looks way better than the leaked beta footage.
Ive seen those too. Even a different bit of leaked footage Ive seen recently is quite a bit more decent but something is off. It's up to them to prove to me that their game has what it takes and I am just not feeling it. I don't feel that they will be responsive enough to their existing community and I am worried as to whether this thing will affect future elder scrolls games. It's not that I want this game to fail even if it would be easier if it did but it feels exactly like the old republic did before that happened.

I guess in the end only time will tell if I am right about it or not.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
M920CAIN said:
It's a great song for a bad bad bad game.
Bad game? Nah. It's exactly what you'd expect from an Elder Scrolls. I played it at Gamescom and it was great. Felt like a cross between Skyrim & Oblivion

M920CAIN

May 24, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
M920CAIN said:
It's a great song for a bad bad bad game.
Bad game? Nah. It's exactly what you'd expect from an Elder Scrolls. I played it at Gamescom and it was great. Felt like a cross between Skyrim & Oblivion
It's just my opinion. Don't mind it please. I liked Skyrim, played for many many many many... n times.. many hours, I would like an Elder Scrolls type game with some coop type mode like Borderlands has, but the MMO thing, I dunno, it just rubs me the wrong way. Also from what I've seen, the gameplay feels to me pretty much inferior to Skyrim, although the customizations are plenty.

Cheers (and thank you for the wonderful music)

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
As always Gavin delivers.
Though gota love how the siege at the end, the guy throws around throwing knives and pierces frontal brestplates - armors designed to wihstand a blow with a longsword. yeah, sorry, but theres no chance for that. the armor class should be high enough to bounce every shot there.