Miracle of Sound: The New Black Gold (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
The New Black Gold (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)

Search my electric soul for the hidden man within.

Watch Video

D-Mc-G

Nov 17, 2009
Excellent song, loved the game even if it couldn't quite live up to the original.

Think you did the series justice with the style of music in this one, good mix of synths with the rock and the vocals were really well done.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Awesome song as usual, can't wait for next weeks song. I'm really hoping it will be Dark Souls.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Up there with your best, absolutly stunning, also I loved how you didnt stray too far from the soundtrack of the game.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Amazing work. Now I have to check your other songs as well. This one receives The Jensen seal of approval.

"Search my electric soul for the hidden man within" - I just love this line. Keep up the good work. And the beat in the background stayed true to the transhumanism theme of the game. It feels like this song should have been in the game, at least in the credits. Maybe we could mod it in the game if the song was released in mp3 format.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
A tad laggy. I imagine it's because of the Wednesday afternoon traffic rush, but I didn't feel like sitting through another obnoxious Slim Jim commercial to reload.

Anyway, besides that one issue, it was a pretty enjoyable song. I look forward to seeing what you do next.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Great song, fit the atmosphere of the game quite well. But I didn't recognize some of that footage. Was that some of the pre-release stuff?

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
Very nice! I liked the careful use of video clips and as others said taking the time to match your style to the game.

Sep 14, 2009
not gonna lie, i think that just topped my favorites of yours, that was great and definitely caught the vibe i got from the game.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Something of a chilling feel to that one - sounds a little like lux aeterna from Requiem for a Dream...

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
*Damn actual shiver during the song * will probably put up there with Deus Ex theme song and Hong Kong market tune in my mind

although the gold and black title make it feel like its going to be a more light hearted song about the game look rather than something very poetic :p

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Redem said:
although the gold and black title make it feel like its going to be a more light hearted song about the game look rather than something very poetic :p
Yeah, it's a reference to human Augmentation being the new great commodity, or 'Black Gold' - I thought the idea fit in nicely with the colour scheme. :)

J03bot said:
Something of a chilling feel to that one - sounds a little like lux aeterna from Requiem for a Dream...
High praise right there :)

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Avaholic03 said:
Great song, fit the atmosphere of the game quite well. But I didn't recognize some of that footage. Was that some of the pre-release stuff?
Yeah, I ended up using a fair bit of trailer footage for this one. The songs mood and lyrics seemed much more focused on the setting and Jensen coming to cope with his argumentation than on the gameplay, and I was able to pull some better visuals from there than the footage I captured.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Redem said:
The sudden realisation of this connection made my mind blow a little bit

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Huh.

About a minute in I was already planning my comment. Something along the lines of, "Lovely lyrics, but the sound somehow doesn't quite fit the tone of the game."

However, it all ended up coming together nicely by the end. I really couldn't say why, since my knowledge of music amounts to, "Noise sound nice in ears." But damn if this particular noise didn't sound really nice.

So yeah, guess I'm a five-minute convert.

therockdemon

Mar 17, 2011
very good song, i think the electronic/synth songs are where your strenghs are keep up the great work

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Damn, this rivals Trip to Vegas for me. The lyrics were excellent too. Hell, everything was good, everything worked together so well. I always love your more electronic sounding songs.

Petty complaint - you didn't pronounce the first c in electric very clearly. Really petty complaint.