Miracle of Sound: Wake the White Wolf (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Song)

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
One of your better ones! I somewhat dislike the witcher series (Well, I only tried the second one and lost will to continue when I couldn't finish a simple quest after an hour of trying without googling the answer to it). But your songs always makes me excited for a product, no matter my previous opinions. Why you're not filthy rich making teaser/trailer/ingame songs for the gaming industry is beyond me.

blackaesir

May 16, 2014
I love this series, so it doesn't take much to get me pumped for "The Wild Hunt", but I really enjoyed the song and the lyrics. The lines about Geralt's past loves and memory were well integrated. It can't be February 2015 fast enough. Awesome job!

geier

Oct 15, 2010
Is it only me, or does Geralt look more and more like Lobo? Especially the jawline.
Also: Judging from the uniforms Geralt hangs way too much with the Nilfgaardians

JennAnge

May 15, 2012
Awesome! Damn, this makes me want to play Witcher 2 again, but I've got too many games stacked up in Steam, waiting for my scant playtime.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Yea verily sir, this be on of your finest songs and moving pictures that I- Oh hell, it's hard to talk like Thor for this. Dude, you rock! The only bad thing I could say is I had trouble getting the rhythm in a couple of verses, but you more than made up for it with your mandolin work and choice of footage (meow).

So, you really get to have sex in the game. Now I feel stupid not getting the first 2 Witchers.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sonicron said:
Been a long time since I posted a comment on one of your songs, Gav, but this one is just too marvelous not to heap praise upon you. It hits just the right notes to become an instant classic; just enough medieval charm without being cheesy, just enough percussion to make it epic without feeling over-the-top, and the lyrics (not to mention your splendid vocal performance) are a perfect fit. What's more, I'm not much of a fantasy buff and have never been even remotely interested in the Witcher series, but this song makes me want to give the games a try.
Absolutely outstanding work, a pleasure to listen to from start to finish. Thank you for giving us this great piece of music to enjoy!

On a somewhat related note: I'm also not big on RPGs in general, but a re-listen of your first big hit finally made me try the Mass Effect series, and I'm ever so glad that I did. I'm about 2/3 into ME3 and loving every moment. Thanks again! :D
Thanks dude :) Very nice read there. As for Mass Effect, glad you finally tried it. fantastic series!

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
MiracleOfSound said:
Wake the White Wolf at the dawn of war.
Setting aside for a moment that this is probably one of the best songs you've made, it's easily the best song I've heard this year.

God bless ya, my good man! I hope to be hearing this music for years to come!

FeralDynasty

The Lich King
Feb 2, 2010
I wish I had noticed this was posted 3 months ago when it was put up, I've been missing out. Awesome work, Gav!