Miracle of Sound: You Died (Dark Souls)

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
I don't know. I watched a walkthrough of the game, and it looks pretty simple. :)

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I love the orchestra type theme on this.

Can't say I much cared for the beginning of the vocals, but they seem to have improved over the course of the song.

Basically, not one of your best and yet still wildly entertaining.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Love it Gav. It's hilarious. Playing that game, I love imagining an anthropomorphic Death laughing at you as you fail and fail and fail again, and letting you try again just for more giggles.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
To be honest, when I heard the intro I wasn't sure your voice would suit the song. Glad you proved me wrong.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
I am noticing a pattern of liking the songs that are more based on games I've played. For instance, I love anything you've made about Skyrim, Batman, or Mass Effect. I even enjoyed Fire in Your Hole, though I've never played Bulletstorm nor have any interest in doing so. But I did play the demo and watch all the trailers and footage before making that decision, so I at least got the game. But this? Never played Dark Souls, never seen any trailers, no interest in it whatsoever. Once you start signing, I found it hilarious, especially the opening lyrics, but the rest, eh. Not my favorite.

Ah well. My loss.

EDIT: Actually, what this reminds me of most is Warhammer, with the over-the-top tone.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Loved the music, and while I wouldn't say it was your best work, I still enjoyed the halting kind of style you had with the vocals.
Out of curiosity, is that line "come have a go if you think you're hard enough" a reference to the Skulduggery Pleasant novels, or is that just more common over in Britain?

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
From the responses I've skimmed, it seems that what people didn't like was the "YOU DIED" part. Funny thing is, that's my favorite part.

What's going on here?!

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
I can't believe so many people are missing the point of this song. I was laughing pretty hard at it and I've never played Dark Souls or Demons Souls.

It was funny to me, good work.

To people trying to compare this to stuff like Normandy or Sovngarde Song: Not every song has to be super-serious. Let the man have some fun sometimes between his epic ones.

Lexxicator

May 3, 2011
Uh, this song is too hard for me to listen. (get it? "too hard" *wink-wink* like the game? ... oh come on!)

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
the big fluffeh said:
I'm sorry, but all i could think about was:

I had a cat named Snowball...
She died!
She died!
Mom said she was sleeping...
She lied!
She lied!
Why oh why is my cat dead?
Couldn't that Chrysler hit me instead?

Source: http://vimeo.com/3019157
Lol thank you for that. That was halarious. Dammit i can't get that out of my head now.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
370999 said:
I'm sorry Gavin I didn't like it that much. It seemed, I dunno, kind of jokey with the "YOU DIED" lines, I dunoo I haven't played the game but the tone of the song seemed a bit different from the images on the screen.
thats the whole point its like "HAHAHA YOU DIED" because of the sadistic nature of the gane, the sarcastic humour

also completly radom question (for those who have)'

I "think" the clip of that girl caressing the face of the dead warior was from the very start..is that suposed to be the PC? I cant exactally remember

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Hehe, I like how the lyric tempo matches the songs tempo.
And... dare I say it reminds me of the Hammer Horror movies or at least some Gothic Scenery?
I guess it does.

Also, Dark Souls isn't that bad once you realise the key to winning. . . Riposte & backstabs :3
^-^ Loved this song, especially since it's been an agonizing New Game +++++ to get all the achievements (I messed up twice on the Soul of Sif weapons.. Oddly enough I did get every bossweapon on the first playthrough.. huh...)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
brunothepig said:
Out of curiosity, is that line "come have a go if you think you're hard enough" a reference to the Skulduggery Pleasant novels, or is that just more common over in Britain?
Well I'm Irish but yeah, it's kind of an expression over here and I'm sure we more than likely adopted it from Britain!

Saxnot

Mar 1, 2010
It's fucking amazing how diverse you are. Especially these last few songs have so completely broken the mold that i'm now convinced there are no genres of music you cannot do. I don't know of any artist able to make so many kinds of music so well.

Punch You

Dec 12, 2010
A song about how difficult Dark Souls is, and no Bed of Chaos (The final step toward beating this boss is to jump a bottomless pit past the thing's two giant scythe arms and on to a fairly small platform that leads to the boss's heart), Stray Demon (ridiculous ammount of health, physical and magic damage, plenty of reach in a tight space) or Four Kings (has a lot of health, a magic sword, there's four of them, and they all gang up on you)? You didn't even show any of the horrors of blighttown! Then again, if you had shown any scene from BLighttown, no one would ever pick up this game.