Miracle of Sound: Zombie Holiday (Dead Island)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Zombie Holiday (Dead Island)

Bash and bludgeon all your cares away Zombie Holiday!

Watch Video

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Not sure if it's one of your better ones, but it's certainly one of the funnier ones!
I like it!

And by funny I mean the contrast between the dubstep-ish intro, the calm verses and the freakish chorus and breakdowns. And the lyrics!

Ok, no more edits, I'm done. I swear!

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
Nice bit of genre mixing, and pretty funny to boot.

I can't say it's my favorite (though the reason escapes me), but I did definitely enjoy it.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
So when can we expect "Miracle of Sound Goes Calypso"?

sound to me it would go double-Platinum

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
The chaotic overtones of rapidly switching musical genres seemed to work quite well, given the song, and the base material.

Lexxicator

May 3, 2011
Not my type of music, but it sure serves well as a tribute to the game. Great work there.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Another great song from miracle really like the way he is not scared of trying rather experimental ideas.This one came off very well and really captures the dead island theme.

Struggled to figure out what was being roared on the second line of the chorus.

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Yay!!! I love it when artists I like try to do weird funny things with their music. It doesn't strike me as deeply as, say, Little Sister, but this is a super fun song, though maybe a little too reference heavy in the lyrics (some other songs could work outside of knowing what the game is about).

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Spygon said:
Another great song from miracle really like the way he is not scared of trying rather experimental ideas.This one came off very well and really captures the dead island theme.

Struggled to figure out what was being roared on the second line of the chorus.
Blow those undead Millionaires away
Zombie holiday
OT: My fave so far :) well done

Darthbawls77

May 18, 2011
Now this was a great song, love the back and forth between the holiday happy sounds and the zombie panic type noise. Fits the game perfectly! The only thing that was meh for me were some of the lyrics about the weapons. But again just awesome sauce.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Gav, you're quite possibly a maniac and everyone loves you for it.
Great piece once again, however i did find the intro to be somewhat...lacking (i guess?). That's probably just me, though.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
wow... nice!~ tropical+Metal=DeadIsland music and plus the house/trance intro goodness! it's like the entire Dead island packed in one song! (should have done a little bit of churchy music somewhere in the middle, because act 2 was quite long...)

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Heh, my face changed expressions a lot when listening to this! From "Are you serious?" to "LOL!" to "This guy is fucking insane" to "I love this song" and back to "LOL!" again. So yeah, quite a varied song :D
First, the dubstep-ish part. Then the happy part. And then... the not so happy part.
This would have easily been in my top 3 or 5 of MoS songs, but i really don't like the heavier parts. They made the song funnier, and that's good... but i don't want to listen to the song as many times over and over as i would if there wouldn't had been such a part in it.
But nonetheless, it was a great song. Awesome work, Gavin!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
ChocoFace said:
Gav, you're quite possibly a maniac and everyone loves you for it.
Haha, you got the maniac bit right anyway :D

JesterRaiin said:
My, my, aren't we prolific one, hmmm ? ;)
Yes... we are also a little burned out form doing 30 new songs this year so may take a break in December :D

Owlslayer said:
Heh, my face changed expressions a lot when listening to this! From "Are you serious?" to "LOL!" to "This guy is fucking insane" to "I love this song" and back to "LOL!" again. So yeah, quite a varied song :D
;) Kinda the reaction I was hoping for hehe

General Michi

Sep 12, 2010
Wasn't sure what to expect from this going in but hot damn that was funny. How did you get those vox effects in the chorus?

therockdemon

Mar 17, 2011
it was a little weired at first then the chours came in and it got very nine inch nails and it made sense, good work man

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
JesterRaiin said:
My, my, aren't we prolific one, hmmm ? ;)
Yes... we are also a little burned out form doing 30 new songs this year so may take a break in December :D
WAR, THIS MEANS WAR ! I mean, ummmmmmmm, you'll rest after death. Now get your ass to work, it's "Normandy II" or else ! ;)