Mirror's Edge 2 Appears on EA's Website

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mirror's Edge 2 Appears on EA's Website

A Mirror's Edge 2 page briefly appeared on EA's Help Center site before being pulled back into the darkness from whence it came.

With E3 rapidly approaching, the Mirror's Edge 2 rumors are stronger than ever. In case you missed it, an appearance of the game on Amazon.de, which has since been removed, is what got the ball Italy's Amazon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124294-Mirrors-Edge-2-Listing-Appears-On-Amazon-de]. Today it was spotted on an even more authoritative site: Electronic Arts' own help page, where it appeared this morning for awhile and then, like the Amazon entries, disappeared into the digital ether.

It would seem very likely that we're going to see Mirror's Edge 2 at E3 and, since we're betting the farm, there's no question in my mind at this point that all these "unintentional" appearances of the game on various sites are in fact very intentional. Turning up a week apart on two credible (but non-English) Amazon sites, and then a "whoops, nothing to see here" at EA's home base? Come on. I'm willing to play along - I think rumors and guessing-game PR campaigns are fun - but let's not kid ourselves that this is anything but a calculated pre-E3 promotional campaign.

Unless, of course, I'm wrong, and it really is just gross incompetence and Mirror's Edge 2 only exists in the dreams of fans who have many years of untended suffering ahead of them. Boy, that'll be some egg on my face.

Source: NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=571297]

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Capitano Segnaposto said:
V8 Ninja said:
And it's going to be an Xbox One exclusive.

...Damn it.
I don't think that it will be. I think it may be a "timed exclusive" and will eventually release for other platforms. If they want the game to do well, putting it on a single console is brand suicide. Especially a Niche title like Mirror's Edge.
You forgot one thing; Mirror's Edge is owned by EA.

I will be hard-pressed to find myself putting Faith in EA.

...zing.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Yes. Please let this be true, and please have it on PC again. That game was ideal for the "just needed some refinement of the mechanics and some opening up of the story/world" move. Andy's right though, all of this has to be on purpose. They know we bite at the heels with hope at little snippets of info like this.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Well, it's EA, gross incompetence is hard to exclude as an option. Also, putting any game as an Xbone exclusive seems to be suicide for the game in question. Not saying it will be exclusive though.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Either it is just them playing the nothing-to-see-here game to get everyone hyped up before E3.

Or it is one EA Employee that REALLY wants Mirror's Edge 2, so decided to create these false 'leaks' in the hope that they outcry would convince EA to make it happen.

Now they just need to tease the PC version and i am happy

Parakeettheprawn

Apr 6, 2013
V8 Ninja said:
And it's going to be an Xbox One exclusive.

...Damn it.
My sentiments exactly. If this is a for real thing... then I guess I'll just go back to hoping Syndicate and Dead Space get sequels on platforms I'll actually buy a game on. If they make those Xbone exclusives... then I think EA and I will finally be done.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
So it's either real or in the wake of Riccitiello's defenestration EA have decided to actively bait prospective customers and see if it works.

Either answer is suitably weird.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
It'd be nice if they put it out on the now older consoles too. I'd buy Mirror's Edge 2.
But I cannot shake the idea that some dick employee just threw that up there to screw with us. Let's hope I'm wrong!

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
It doesn't matter for me. As a PC gamer, I'm sure EA will tie the right now mythical Mirror's Edge 2 to Origin, and that's a deal-breaker for me right there and then.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
If this is an xbox one exclusive i will be more than a little angry...

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
C'mon, PC release. Not like this game even needed a sequel, but if it gets one it damn well deserves to be on PC and have Oculus Rift support.

P.S. Thanks

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
shiajun said:
It doesn't matter for me. As a PC gamer, I'm sure EA will tie the right now mythical Mirror's Edge 2 to Origin, and that's a deal-breaker for me right there and then.
Same.

The NFS:Hot Pursuit from 2010 is my favorite racing game, and I was prepared to pre-order Most Wanted when it came out last year... until they announced it was Origin-exclusive on PC.

grigjd3

Mar 4, 2011
Most effective viral marketing campaign EVER. Seriously, there had literally been three web-showings of this title, each for a very limited time-frame and it's already being talked about by the entire gaming media and getting the whole fan-base of the game excited. I know I'm certainly paying attention now.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
See, bow this sort of potential leak/intentional marketing tool is the sort of thing that's actually worth reporting and somewhat credible since it's on EA's own site. I'm still not going to hold out too much hope only because even if the game is being made I don't trust EA not to fuck it up and fail to understand why the original was so much fun, but this at least indicates it may be a real game.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I wonder where that guy who was foaming at the mouth about articles on Mirror's Edge rumours is. Doesn't look like terrible journalism now.

And the 'blatant PR' thing seems even more obvious when you think that surely EA would have noticed two leaks already and would be able to not fuck up a listing on their own site. Although it would be funny if it is some rogue agent who has infiltrated EA and is trolling everyone.