Missile attack on US consulate in Erbil, Iraq

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Apparently this has been confirmed to be fired from Iran. I've heard everything from retaliation against a previous attack from America to full on invasion. If I had to guess most likely the former but after these three years who the hell knows.

Looks like everyone really wants to start World War 3.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Apparently this has been confirmed to be fired from Iran. I've heard everything from retaliation against a previous attack from America to full on invasion. If I had to guess most likely the former but after these three years who the hell knows.

Looks like everyone really wants to start World War 3.

It's a rather simplistic move. You send your little brother to mess with someone, they get into that person's face and push them. That person pushes back, and the bigger brother stomps in and goes "HOW DARE YOU ATTACK MY LITTLE BROTHER FOR NOTHING!! YOU'VE EARNED THIS"

Now, in a typical world, we could over look this. But we live in a world where Russian Propaganda streams Tucker Carlson to bolster their claims.

This is a win for the Republicans who will sow dissent in their populace for power as well.

Iran felt they could attack US. Because Biden is so weak.

If Biden responds with anything that isn't instant military action "Look at Biden continuing to fail the American People and safety of its citizens by not responding at a time like this. There will be more attacks because of the Gutless Democrats.

If Biden responds with military action "At a time like this, here is this Biden Administration warmongering. With an Ally of Russia. Of course they are going to turn their attention towards us. Biden's actions made it so. If Russia responds, it's on Biden's head."

So, instead of being humans and fellow Americans for one second, the Republicans will leap upon this as a political issue to undermine American unity once again. Which is exactly what Putin wants. Lord knows he can't win Militarily. He's not even getting ground in Ukraine. But the Civil War he helped make can win against America without firing a bullet.

To those of you who are ready and happy to try to pin this on Biden, your Russian Tyrant thanks you for your service.

Last edited:

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Apparently this has been confirmed to be fired from Iran. I've heard everything from retaliation against a previous attack from America to full on invasion.
There is speculation that it is retaliation for an Israeli air strike that killed Iranian officers in Syria last week.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
So, instead of being humans and fellow Americans for one second, the Republicans will leap upon this as a political issue to undermine American unity once again. Which is exactly what Putin wants. Lord knows he can't win Militarily. He's not even getting ground in Ukraine. But the Civil War he helped make can win against America without firing a bullet.

To those of you who are ready and happy to try to pin this on Biden, your Russian Tyrant thanks you for your service.
It is things like that that make me look at the USA see a country that is potentially facing severe decline. When you are giving succour to your geopolitical enemies just to win a domestic political battle, the endpoint is only ever going to be the diminution of your own country.

I do not believe that the Republicans are currently a party of honest, serious and competent governance.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
It is things like that that make me look at the USA see a country that is potentially facing severe decline. When you are giving succour to your geopolitical enemies just to win a domestic political battle, the endpoint is only ever going to be the diminution of your own country.

I do not believe that the Republicans are currently a party of honest, serious and competent governance.
they are servants of plutocrats in a supposed 'democratic' republic; why would the possibility of honest, serious, or competent governance even enter into your thoughts?

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
they are servants of plutocrats in a supposed 'democratic' republic; why would the possibility of honest, serious, or competent governance even enter into your thoughts?
That's not necessarily too bad as long as your plutocrats are serious people interested in competent governance.

It's when they're Rupert Murdoch, Mike Lindell and Donald Trump that you're up shit creek. And bearing in mind what your populace keep voting for, I don't democracy would save you, either.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
I don't believe they have been for quite some time. When they stopped being such a party is arguable, but from 2015 onward, there is no doubt.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
That's not necessarily too bad as long as your plutocrats are serious people interested in competent governance.
The central political difference in the United States seems to be about the amount of domestic acrimony that should accompany the exploitation, suffering, and murder that is definitely going to happen either way. It is framed for public relations purposes as a question of less or more suffering and murder, with alternative realities constructed for both sides to claim they will perpetrate less. As neither of the mainstream parties are going to disturb that exploitation, and for now at least they are the only ones considered 'viable', the two parties together are doing a splendid job of managing the expectations of the public. If we separate our judgment of competence in governance from any expectation of public service, the Republicans are performing a very useful function, one that indeed helps the Democrats fend off their left flank which is the chief worry of both parties. The seemingly senseless and arbitrary destructiveness of the Republican Party agenda is critical to the role it plays in ensuring the smooth functioning of the American apparatus of exploitation undisturbed by public opinion. The best sorts of distractions are not merely illusory.

It's when they're Rupert Murdoch, Mike Lindell and Donald Trump that you're up shit creek. And bearing in mind what your populace keep voting for, I don't democracy would save you, either.
Democracy requires more than voting. Establishing it in the United States would take a lot of work. And I mean a lot a lot. Things I've thought of (structure of voting, political campaigns, media, education, distribution of wealth) and almost certainly things I haven't as well. The sort of political education required to organize and achieve a truly democratic system and the successful abolition of the various manipulative structures that are an obstacle to doing so should at least grant temporary reprieve in avoiding backslide.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
The republicans are more truthful than the democrats by a mile. Everyone here complains about what the republicans say and do all the time, where's all this "lying" they do then? Democrats are the ones doing basically the same exact thing as the republicans when you look behind the scenes (for decades) yet everyone thinks they're the good guys because their "message" is better. Democrats = wolf in sheep's clothing; Republicans = wolf. No difference.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
80 Iranians were just mass executed by the Saudis
They very recently executed 81 people in one day, but 73 of them were Saudi, and others were Syrian and Yemeni. Not Iranian. Did they execute 80 more people..?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I can actually understand both sides in this case.

For one if Israel didn't strike the IRGC in Syria, it could be faced with a buildup of missiles that could rain on their country and oversaturate their air defenses Iron Dome, and in the future whatever laser defenses they come up with.

For two if Iran didn't respond in a tit-for-tat manner, Israel could see this as a show of weakness, and strike their Syrian ally, and IRGC even more. Also, Iran has faced sanctions that broke the Iran-Nuclear Deal/executive agreement they signed with President Obama that has weakened their economy.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I can actually understand both sides in this case.

For one if Israel didn't strike the IRGC in Syria, it could be faced with a buildup of missiles that could rain on their country and oversaturate their air defenses Iron Dome, and in the future whatever laser defenses they come up with.

For two if Iran didn't respond in a tit-for-tat manner, Israel could see this as a show of weakness, and strike their Syrian ally, and IRGC even more. Also, Iran has faced sanctions that broke the Iran-Nuclear Deal/executive agreement they signed with President Obama that has weakened their economy.
I'm getting a bit sick of 'tit for tat diplomacy'