Miyamoto Has Never Even Heard of The Wizard

Sep 13, 2009
After watching these clips, I think, that it's better for him that he didn't watch this movie.

The badassessness(6 s in one word - yeah) of the powerglove might change him into supermutant, or something.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Look, when a man has finally reached that state of nirvana which allows him to pretend that the 1980s never happened, it's not good form to knock him for it.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
did The Wizard or The King of Kong ever get translated into Japanese? if not then there you go.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
i always wanted a powerglove. still remember that movie coming out, watching Fred Savage ride his fame from The Wonder Years

Mar 16, 2009
Honestly, it's probably more of a good thing he hasn't seen the Wizard, but it is strange as hell that he hadn't even heard of it. I mean, even HORSE the Band can't deny how badass the powerglove is (see "Cutsman")... and it's been used in countless Youtube Poops. Miyamoto looks like he enjoys a good Poop, maybe he saw clips of it and just didn't realize what he was watching.

Tom Goldman said:
"...really, what I should say is that if you have cartridges that you have trouble working, you should get the official cleaning kit."

Buy an official Nintendo cleaning kit, today!
I still think blowing on it woALL GLORY TO THE MIYAMOTO.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Psychosocial said:
New Super Mario Bros. DS was the best Mario game since Super Mario World, you troll. :( Well, I were gonna try and attend your The Wizard marathon, but I don't think I like you anymore, man.
Damn, now it'll just be me all alone, watching The Wizard for a month. I like NSMB DS, but it didn't have any longevity for me, whereas every other Mario game I've wanted to play through more than once.

xmetatr0nx said:
Also, who the hell is Miyamoto? Seriously, i dont pay attention to things from japan.
The creator of Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, Nintendogs, Wii Music, Wii Fit, etc.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
Never saw the movie....but I sure played the hell out of SMB3.

He does seem like a greedy guy, but he also makes the games the way he wants to make them...there are few people in the industry that have that kind sway.

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
Damn it Tom, ill watch the movie with you. Hows Philly this time of year? Wait...youre not a phillies fan are you?
I don't follow sports much, nope. At the best I'll put on an Eagles game from time to time. Philly is nice, but the weather is maniacally different from day to day recently.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
I like the movie because of the story. Its really kinda sad, especially when you watch it again today. Some elements are pure 80's kitch, but the characters are pretty solid for what they are.

Plus I had such a crush on the girl, who grew up and has a band(s). She's in Rilo Kiley, and some of the music is pretty good. Plus she is still really pretty hehe

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
I can't believe blowing on the cartridge isn't recommended. Hell, I use that to fix CDs!

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
I did watch the Wizard. The reveal of Super Mario Bros 3 sent shivers down my spine... I watched it during the summer of this year. Why don't more companies do this kind of spectacle when announcing their titles?

Other than that, though, the movie was crap.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Sounds like someone's in denial...but then again, I can't really blame him. The Wizard is apparently a notoriously bad movie.