MK11 launch trailer: MORTAL KOMBAT!!!

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Wooh!! [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7zwQPJmg-Kg]

Now that?s how you do a launch trailer. Also, if that was Nightwolf at the end then I?ve found my first main.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That takes me back to the 90s. I don't play much fighting games anymore, but my older brother is picking up a copy, if I remember correctly.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, I haven't played a Mortal Kombat game since three but:

-The reboot was based on resetting history and now, two games on, we have a villain who's...resetting history? Like, what, that's a bad thing now? Or are they rebooting the series again?

-The last shot is really weird, like, sure, let's start mowing down people with machine guns. Like, what, you finally got the hint that "hey, Outworld's technology sucks compared to Earthrealm's, so why don't we play to our strengths?"

-I can't deny that hearing that music again tickled my nostalgia.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Huh, that was actually a quite good trailer. However, I can't help but feel a grindhouse fighting game is the worst way they can tell the story they want too.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Eh, I'm still satisfied with 2011's Mortal Kombat to be honest.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
CritialGaming said:
I'm gonna Johnny Cage some people in the balls!!!!!
Oh there are much worse things you can do to your enemy than punch them in the balls with Johnny Cage

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Hawki said:
So, I haven't played a Mortal Kombat game since three but:

-The reboot was based on resetting history and now, two games on, we have a villain who's...resetting history? Like, what, that's a bad thing now? Or are they rebooting the series again?

-The last shot is really weird, like, sure, let's start mowing down people with machine guns. Like, what, you finally got the hint that "hey, Outworld's technology sucks compared to Earthrealm's, so why don't we play to our strengths?"

-I can't deny that hearing that music again tickled my nostalgia.
I think the storyline is approaching Metal Gear Solid levels of convolution that they needed a more plausible explanation for everything besides ?reboot?.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Tonight Steam offered me the Last Chance to pre-order MK 11. Presumably after that I'll only be able to order it.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
I feel that this story would be more interesting as a action game than a Fighting game.

I don't play Netherealm games, they feel too clunky to me. I rather literally any other fighting game as far as controls and movement going. I enjoy the fluidity Capcom and Arksys games give me. Hell even Namco Fighting games feel less " weighted".

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
That trailer was hype as fuck and I cannot wait to play it Monday night. I'm no good at fighting games but I've played MK since the first one came out on the Genesis and this trailer pushed all my buttons. Looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun with a ton of fan service.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Another reboot of sorts? Eh, what the hell. They should just drop any pretense of advancing the plot at this point because first and foremost it's a game. Nobody wants to buy a $60 game to be told "Sorry, you can't play as Mileena, in the canon she died at the end of the last installment". I see they're going the route of time-travel to double the number of character designs - also, could somebody indicate the point where the gaming world agreed, in wordless unison, that 90s nostalgia is the only permitted aesthetic? I wouldn't mind only most of it is so inauthentic and ham fisted and often ends up making more reference to the 80s than 90s. My kid is going to grow up believing I spent my childhood wearing ripped denim over day-glo lycra, accessorised with mirror shades and a blow-dried perm, all viewed through a ridiculous crackly VHS filter. Sigh...

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
It looks good I won't deny it. However, I quickly get bored of fighting games and the online part doesn't appeal either as I simply do not have the same amount of time that everyone else seems to have to get good enough not to be destroyed by someone who has committed every combo to muscle memory. So I think I'm going to pass.

And "pre-order for Shao Khan". Come on games industry, you can be better than this.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Catfood220 said:
And "pre-order for Shao Khan". Come on games industry, you can be better than this.
"Can." Not "will." :(

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Catfood220 said:
It looks good I won't deny it. However, I quickly get bored of fighting games and the online part doesn't appeal either as I simply do not have the same amount of time that everyone else seems to have to get good enough not to be destroyed by someone who has committed every combo to muscle memory. So I think I'm going to pass.

What I?ve always liked with MK and why it?s my favorite fighting game franchise is it?s always had great single player content; in fact it?s gotten better with each installment and this one looks to continue that trend. Between the Krypt and challenge towers even scrubs can have hundreds of hours of fun if they so chose. I?ve played less than half a dozen online matches of MKX and put over 270 hours in according to Steam.

There was a leak [https://screenrant.com/mortal-kombat-11-dlc-leak-joker-terminator-spawn/amp/].

A big hell yeah for Nightwolf and Teminator if true!