MLP Rumor: Humanized Spin-off Show Coming

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Veylon said:
So this is really going to be a thing, then? Huh.
Unless you saw something confirming this that I didn't pick up on, it's still just a rumor right now.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
Dangit2019 said:
Veylon said:
So this is really going to be a thing, then? Huh.
Unless you saw something confirming this that I didn't pick up on, it's still just a rumor right now.
This looks to come from an industry trade magazine. Watch the video from the page the OP links to. Unless there's some unusually ambitious hoaxer - or this is Hasbro merely testing the waters - than this is indeed in the works.

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
in better pony news, this guy promotes MLP to the class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XhMd-E2pII

A very cool man that I would like to meet in real life.

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
Giftfromme said:
in better pony news, this guy promotes MLP to the class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XhMd-E2pII

A very cool man that I would like to meet in real life.
I don't know, I think that's kinda embarrassing. I'd be avoiding his gaze if he was in my class.

Coconut Cashmere

Sep 7, 2011
surg3n said:
Coconut Cashmere said:
We watch it because we enjoy the show. It's as simple as that: it makes us smile, so we watch it. It boggles my mind that so many people get their panties in a twist because adults like a show primarily aimed at a younger audience.

Let me try and frame it from another point of view. You tell someone you really like this thing--say, a video game. It's engaging with an awesome story. Instead of taking your unironic enjoyment at face value, this person tells you that no, you can't just like it because you like it--it's a video game, therefore it's for kids! Clearly you have ulterior motivations, such as wanting to lure little kids into your windowless van. Now imagine that person multiplied by god only knows how many, telling you at every turn you're either a pathetic man-child or a pedophile. You and your fellow fans are the butt of the joke, with even 'professional' news and websites you go to for entertainment getting a few laughs in at your expense.

We try and shrug it off, but it does hurt. Being told we're pathetic/disgusting for finding enjoyment in something aimed at a different age group starts to wear on you after a while. It taints our enjoyment of something entirely innocent, even though we're doing nothing wrong nor hurting anyone.

I do get a little more wiggle room because I'm a girl. But my open, supportive family (my little bro came out of the closet and revealed himself as a furry and we were all just fine with it) still makes fun of my liking this show.
The problem isn't even the show, it's content, characters etc - the problem is Bronies... and I mean no disrespect to any Bronie reading this, but you can't deny that some Bronies take it too far. The fan fiction and art for example, or those irritating Bronies who try and bring up MLP anywhere they can. Bronies made it a thing - liking a cartoon, something as simple and innocent as that now has a label, and the label is tainted by the small percentage of Bronies who get under our skin. I guess the same goes for Furries as well, a handful of nut-cases tarnish peoples view.
I entirely understand people who are irritated because of people like that. I've had a lot of similar experiences, come to think of it--though those were mostly with commercials that played way too often. I just have a problem with the hate we get because of the 'little girls show' side of it. You, specifically, may not have a problem with it, but a lot of people do.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
I don't think there's going to be a spin-off show but I've heard some rumours about a movie which features the mane six as humans. That's probably more likely (although if you've seen that screenshot, why did they keep their skin colour the same as their coat, it makes everyone except Fluttershy and Pinkie look ridiculous).

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
I hope they change the designs, they really need a Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt style but more stylized IMO. It could be good but it seems like a very obvious cash in and will have no input by Faust at all like the original had. This is a really stupid idea though.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
the way this article is putting it to me, seems that the story of this spin-off involves the Mane 6 coming to Earth as humans.

that actually would make for an interesting plot (no pun intended), if I'm right about it, it would be enjoyable to see a show like this address the fish out of water aspects of Equestrian Ponies coming to Earth as humans.

the only weird part (which I guess sort of makes sense, considering where they come from) is how the human Mane 6 has skin color that matches the coat color of their Pony forms.

Am I the only one worried that Rainbow Dash being human with cyan skin might draw some unwanted attention or something?