MLP S3 Finale overview *Spoilers*

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
WARNING: Tactical Nuclear Wall o' Text incoming! It's over... XD

Now that Magical Mystery Cure has finally aired, I wanted to discuss my thoughts on it and see what everyone else thinks as well (<- main discussion value, I genuinely want to discuss the pros and cons here). If you hate pony threads, then now's your cue to leave. I'm also amatuer at this, so forgive me if I come across as unable to speak my thoughts clear enough. I also won't be stating things like "imo", do to it being obvious that this is all my own personal opinion anyways.

Overall, I enjoyed the episode quite a bit for what it was and for it's short time limit (it should've been longer though), yet at the same time my main concern about Princess Twilight still stands (albeit somewhat lessened)- the show could very well become too Twilight focused at the cost of the focus on the rest of the main cast. First though, I want to go into the episode itself more.

The episode did start a little rushed by going straight from Twi singing merrily to discovering Rarity trying to do RD's job and thinking she always has done this. They do explain it shortly afterwards, but that's something I felt they should've setup beforehand. The main plotline itself though was actually interesting, though Celestia does come across as a bit of a ***** for basically tricking Twi into inadvertently screwing with all her friends lives. Still, seeing the rest of the Mane 6 trying to do each others' jobs was funny. Seeing Pinkie with her straight hair was a nice touch at getting across Pinkie's misery at the situation. I do feel there was too big an emphasis on "destiny", but it doesn't hurt the episode too much. Twi's answer to the situation is one that makes sense, and reminds me of the Discord 2-parter with a heavy focus on their friendships. My main complaint here is that the scene where Pinkie get's helped felt almost glanced over and incredibly rushed, and as a "Pinkie is best pony" guy I was looking forward to seeing her part the most.

As for the Princess part, it's handled fairly well and does a pretty good job of sticking to the characters personalities. Things like RD talking about having a new flying buddy were fun to watch. Celestia showing the events of all 3 seasons so far while discussing what Twi has learned really added a lot to the scene and reminded me of all the good (and sometimes bad) times we've had so far with the show. It's simply a beautiful way to lead up to an event that's bound to change things quite a bit - sort of a "reminder of the past while bracing for a hopeful but changing future" kind of thing, and I liked it. Twi's reaction in particular to suddenly being a Princess felt spot-on the vast majority of the time, with only the flying sequence at the very end standing out to me at this moment as out-of-place. Overall, it genuinely felt like how someone would react to such a radical change, and seeing her talk about how important her friends were in her speech did calm my fears down a bit (more on that later) while being a fairly heartwarming scene.

On the more technical side, the animation was absolutely incredible save for the flying Twilight at the end, which looked incredibly goofy as she got close to the screen. The scene with Celestia and Twi looking back on the past in particular deserves special mention, with the background being a gorgeous space-like scenery with vivid blues and whites dominating the scene. Alicorn Twilight does look a bit iffy at first when her wings are spread, but looks far better during the final scenes. Turns out Twi really knows how to rock a dress. :p Admittedly, I didn't like Celestia's and Luna's looks much at the end, as their dresses look out of place on them. I'm also not fond of Celestia's oversized crown, especially when Luna's is small by comparison. It does look silly and makes it seem like Celestia is above her sister on the royal hierarchy, when the series' pilot established that they're suppose to rule Equestria together. It's a minor nitpick, but it does irritate me nonetheless.

The music was just all around great. Hearing so many songs and each one being done so well really made the episode a lot of fun. Sure, none of them are quite on par with the likes of "Art of the Dress" or "Smile", but I could see myself listening to them in my spare time. Hearing Celestia sing was also quite the treat, especially as someone who's been clamoring for more character development for both of the Royal Sisters. The humor was also done moderately well. While the episode clearly wasn't meant to be comedy focused, it definitely gets some good laughs throughout. Tabitha in particular reminds me why she is my favorite VA, though there was one scene that had me rolling that I just can't seem to recall off of the top of my head. The others get some good laughs as well, though I do feel that a bit more could've been done with Pinkie in general.

Overall, I find myself really liking the episode (much better than A Canterlot Wedding and The Crystal Empire, that's for certain). With the exception of my one major concern, I'm really looking forwards to seeing where they'll take this and how this will impact the show. But that does leave me with that concern; and while this episode did give me a bit of hope that my fears won't happen, it does still point to said possibility that the show could very well become mostly about Twilight instead of all of the Mane 6.

My concern originates primarily from A Canterlot Wedding and The Crystal Empire's major focus on Twilight alone, as well as the hit-and-miss nature of Season 2 and 3's writing. In both of those two-parters Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy were nothing more than comedic relief. All five of them could have been removed from those episodes entirely and nothing would've changed. The Crystal Empire even actively encouraged Twilight not to use her friends, in a show titled "Friendship is Magic". While Twi did let Spike save the day in the end, the fact remains that the rest of the Mane 6 did essentially nothing to help stop Sombra. Even the one thing they were allowed to do (don't let the Crystal Ponies know the Crystal Heart is a fake), they screwed up on and thus were entirely pointless. They were side characters for Twi's story in both of the last two "Equestria needs saving" stories. Now with Twilight becoming the Equestrian equivalent of a queen, that leaves more than enough potential for Twi to get even more focus over her friends. Considering that Twilight is only one reason out of six that I watch the show, I'd absolutely hate to see that happen. Twi is indeed awesome, but I still want my Pinkie Pie and Rarity episodes. It's hard to imagine making a Princess a side character at all anymore (like Twi has been in episodes like Fall Weather Friends, Stare Master, and Hurricane Fluttershy) or her not taking the spotlight in episodes focused on the entire Mane 6 (such as Swarm of the Century or Bridle Gossip). I also wonder how episodes dedicated to fleshing out her relationship with another pony (Feeling Pinkie Keen, Bird in the Hoof, etc.) will behandled, though I do admit that those could turn out particularly interesting specifically because of Princess Twi. Now many people have said to me that the writers have done a great job all-around so far and that they trust them not to screw it up. That's the thing with me though - I don't think they've done an all-around good job during Seasons 2 and 3. Season 2 in particular relied on flanderizing the characters a lot, doing things like making RD an unlikable ***** too often and making Pinkie do "random" things even when it doesn't make sense for her to do that. Pinkie's random, sure; but there has always been more to her than just "Lol, I'm random". She does actually think about what she's doing, and while being a fun-loving and energetic pony she does have priorities that she put's above those things. Just watch Too Many Pinkie's again if you still don't get what I'm saying here, as that episode breaks down Pinkie's behavior better than I can. Back on topic, there's a reason people don't like Mare-Do-Well, even if I do think it's underrated. With all that in mind, I can't say that I do fully trust the writing team in general not to muck this up, especially when something like Princess Twilight can so easily go wrong unless handled carefully. Admittedly though, hearing that Amy Keating Rogers is back has calmed me down some, as I interviewed her before back at BronyCon in June (it's on Youtube if you want to see it, though it is my first interview). I've always liked her writing style (Best Night Ever and Friend in Deed tie for my favorite episode) and after talking to her she definitely seems like the type who wouldn't completely neglect the other characters.

Overall though, my concern does still stand even if lessened somewhat by the surprisingly good episode and AKR's return. Whether I end up right or not remains to be seen, and I'll be sticking around until at least Season 4. As I've said in the past, even if the show and / or fandom goes completely to shit, I'll still always enjoy most of Seasons 1 - 3 and won't let either of those affect my opinions on them. As I continue to wait anxiously to be proven wrong, I ask you all the following questions:

- What did you think of the S3 finale overall?

- What are your thoughts on my personal fears over the future of MLP:FiM?

- What are your expectations of Season 4? Are you looking forward to some very interesting episodes coming out of Twilicorn? Are you concerned that it could go downhill from here or that the show has jumped the shark? Do you think there might be more Muffin Queen or other popular BG characters appearing in the show?

- Last but certainly not least, the universal brony question: Who is best pony in your eyes? Mine's still Pinkie.

Feel free to criticize me as much as you wish (I know, a dangerous thing to say on the interwebz), so long as you're mature about it. No "go hang yourself" posts or other crap like that, otherwise you'll just get reported and ignored. I'm genuinely wanting to hear other people's opinions, even if they vary from my own. I don't know how to end this wall-o'-text, so I'll just say moar Celestia plz and have a nice day.

Captcha: "have an inkling". Captcha scares me sometimes.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Luna didn't have a single line throughout the whole episode, which is sad since Twi's coronation is the perfect opportunity to have Luna say or do something, especially after Luna's scenes in The Crystal Empire episodes.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
WaitWHAT said:
It was frickin' amazing. I'm laughing at everyone in the community that was bitching and moaning about it now. "WAAAAH!! WAAAH! We haven't seen it yet but we know it's going to be TERRIBLE!!!! WAAAAH!!" Those writers really pulled through and gave us something great.

Not sure we needed so many songs though. 4 songs in 1 20-minute episode turns it into more of a musical than anything else. About 2 per episode (such as in Canterlot Wedding episode) is about right.
Wouldn't say it was "amazing". It suffered from the short length, and not even Larson was able to keep Twilights transformation into a alicorn princess feel natural. Apart from those two things, the episode was solid. The songs were good, and the whole cutiemark switching deal got a good laugh out of me, and it was genuinely a funny episode.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Pinkamena said:
WaitWHAT said:
It was frickin' amazing. I'm laughing at everyone in the community that was bitching and moaning about it now. "WAAAAH!! WAAAH! We haven't seen it yet but we know it's going to be TERRIBLE!!!! WAAAAH!!" Those writers really pulled through and gave us something great.

Not sure we needed so many songs though. 4 songs in 1 20-minute episode turns it into more of a musical than anything else. About 2 per episode (such as in Canterlot Wedding episode) is about right.
Wouldn't say it was "amazing". It suffered from the short length, and not even Larson was able to keep Twilights transformation into a alicorn princess feel natural. Apart from those two things, the episode was solid. The songs were good, and the whole cutiemark switching deal got a good laugh out of me, and it was genuinely a funny episode.
Do agree with you for the most part. This episode could've really used being a 2-parter. Apparently, I do like it more than most who are still Anti-Twilicorn, and the episode has become a real love-it or hate-it type of affair by what I've seen looking around.

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
V da Mighty Taco said:
Do agree with you for the most part. This episode could've really used being a 2-parter. Apparently, I do like it more than most who are still Anti-Twilicorn, and the episode has become a real love-it or hate-it type of affair by what I've seen looking around.
I wonder how much of that is driven by tolerance of musicals in general and the show's music in particular. I've seen people say they skip the musical numbers when they watch FiM and, ooh, that's going to being a rough ride on this one. Meanwhile I think a good song can save a lackluster episode and downright squee'd when I realized the finale was going to be a proper musical.

And I can't imagine this particular episode working without the format. They crammed so much into so little time, it really needed the emotional density that music provides. The cutie mark switching could easily have been an entire episode, but put it in three musical numbers, two sad songs to establish the conflict and one happy one to resolve it, and you can squeeze the whole arc into just a few minutes.

Still, by the time we left the Twilight Zone I wanted things to slow down. That was huge right there and I want to see every character get a chance to process it. I hope they're willing to roll back a lot of what happened there for the opening episodes of Season 4. Celestia said there would be time for nervous breakdowns later, and I hope that's true. Not really expecting it, the fans hate intra-main six drama (Look Before You Sleep, Mare-Do-Well) and the writers are leery of it, but I hope it happens anyway.

Oh, and wall-to-wall Derpy! And she's still got her wings, even, I was sure the Princesses had had her stripped for parts. Those things don't grow on trees.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Yal said:
V da Mighty Taco said:
I wonder how much of that is driven by tolerance of musicals in general and the show's music in particular. I've seen people say they skip the musical numbers when they watch FiM and, ooh, that's going to being a rough ride on this one. Meanwhile I think a good song can save a lackluster episode and downright squee'd when I realized the finale was going to be a proper musical.

And I can't imagine this particular episode working without the format. They crammed so much into so little time, it really needed the emotional density that music provides. The cutie mark switching could easily have been an entire episode, but put it in three musical numbers, two sad songs to establish the conflict and one happy one to resolve it, and you can squeeze the whole arc into just a few minutes.

Still, by the time we left the Twilight Zone I wanted things to slow down. That was huge right there and I want to see every character get a chance to process it. I hope they're willing to roll back a lot of what happened there for the opening episodes of Season 4. Celestia said there would be time for nervous breakdowns later, and I hope that's true. Not really expecting it, the fans hate intra-main six drama (Look Before You Sleep, Mare-Do-Well) and the writers are leery of it, but I hope it happens anyway.

Oh, and wall-to-wall Derpy! And she's still got her wings, even, I was sure the Princesses had had her stripped for parts. Those things don't grow on trees.
Fans hate LBYS? I just thought it was a forgotten gem that no one paid attention to, probably due to being an Applejack-focused episode not named Applebuck Season (the same thing seems to happen to Fall Weather Friends). Kinda sad about that, considering how much I like LBYS as a great example of building on the relationship between two characters.

Anyways, it probably helps this episode a lot that I really like most of this shows musical numbers. "Art of the Dress" remains my single favorite moment of the series for singlehandedly changing my entire view of Rarity, and Best Night Ever and Friend in Deed tie for my favorite episodes in part because of the amazing songs in them. As much as I rag on the Wedding episodes, the songs were pretty good for the most part and do help stop the episodes from being on the level of Owl's Well (the only episode so far I completely do not like - phenominal animation, cute Scootaloo, bad everything else).

It's definitely interesting to see the Muffin Queen return, even though apparently she did appear in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it scene in Magic Duel:

[/spoiler]

Lots of nice cameos overall, though Luna should've been more than a cameo imo. Let's just hope we don't get another Derpygate, as that still has me pissed off at parts of the fandom. Otherwise, it's nice to see Hasbro and the crew having so much fun with this. The Hub even tweeted about Derpy's appearance, which is a good sign imo. XD

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
WaitWHAT said:

I would not call the ep great, it was OK but if it wasn't for the fact that Twi got wings at the end and I already knew it was the season final, I'd have though it just another ep.

more over it felt incredibly rushed, not that a 1 EP final can work, S1's was great, but not in this case. A new Princess was crowned and the status co reworked, that's not a thing you do in one ep, not to mention they really did not give this change the fan fair it should have gotten.

So yes, it should have been a two parter, with part 1 ending with Twi getting blasted by the Elements and part 2 being the rest. Mind you, I'm not, nor have I ever been against Twi going Alicorn, I just don't think they did they change the justice it deserved.

as for the songs ... eh ... they aren't bad but nothing memorable.

hopefully Season 4 will be better and this season was just a isolated incident

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
V da Mighty Taco said:
Fans hate LBYS? I just thought it was a forgotten gem that no one paid attention to, probably due to being an Applejack-focused episode not named Applebuck Season (the same thing seems to happen to Fall Weather Friends). Kinda sad about that, considering how much I like LBYS as a great example of building on the relationship between two characters.
Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because LBYS may be my personal favorite, but I see it pop up on a lot of Worst Episode Ever lists. I can understand the animosity, there's almost no action in it. It's twenty minutes of Applejack and Rarity locked in a room together and bickering, occasionally cut with Twilight being childish in order to drive the plot. If you're not after that particular sort of character interaction, this one has absolutely nothing for you.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
I take it I'm the only person here who genuinely hated the new episode? Seems here everyone else liked it or thought it was okay, yet I'd actually go as far as calling it crap.

I mean, the plot itself was paper-thin and solved through an overly obvious solution. There were too many goddamn songs that were mediocre at best, and all of them felt incredibly forced; as if they were just put into the episode for the sake of making the finale have songs rather than making said songs actually fit. And overall it felt incredibly rushed and poorly written with a unsatisfying payoff that really ruined the excitement of Twilight becoming an Alicorn.

And I will say that I was actually anticipating this episode. Unlike many Bronies out there, I wasn't damning the show for making Twilight Sparkle a princess and was willing to give the show the benefit of the doubt. But instead, I was disappointed. Massively disappointed, to the point that this is the first episode of MLP FiM I'd genuinely say was bad. =/

Aaron Sylvester

Jul 1, 2012
I didn't particularly enjoy the finale. It was about as "meh" as any other Season 3 episode, and that's factoring in the whole alicorn Twilight thing.

Firstly it was the over-use of songs. I'm down with a solid 1 song once every couple of episodes, it mixes things up...but 50-70% of 1 episode being nothing but singing? I'm not big on musicals, I'm not big on characters turning exposition/narration into songs every 2 minutes. It gets increasingly tiresome and often the songs just drag on, they get nowhere and they add little to the characters/show/plot. I can't take any line seriously when the characters are dramatically singing it to me (or each other), it feels horribly out of place and completely breaks my immersion.
Think about it, if you were one of those characters in the show and a song started, the first thing you would ask is "where the hell is that music coming from? And why is everyone singing when they can speak normally??". Yeah, I know Hasbro is doing their best to stick to their target demographic (little girls), and children love musicals (Willy Wonka, Sound Of Music, etc) but I grew out of them a long time ago. I know songs are part of the show...but they need to be used in moderation. I know a bunch of bronies who are in the same boat as me when it comes to this topic.

Secondly it was the rather jarring "over-powering" of Twilight because I always felt the Mane 6 were somewhat equals and the fact that Twilight was just another unicorn (albeit rather good with magic) helped her fit in. Look, I'm not against alicorn Twilight...but I'm against the fact that she got such a MASSIVE reward while the other ponies got nothing. Absolutely nothing. They helped save Equestria too, they beat Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis and King Whatever (seriously, worst villain ever)! How come only Twilight gets to become an alicorn? Honestly, they could've handled the plot a lot better. There could've been other ways to justify her getting turned into a princess...the way shown in this episode is pretty bullshit. Also how come turning into an alicorn = automatically a princess? I thought being a princess was a thing of royalty, i.e. you had to be born as one. But now there's a spell which turns you into one, "if you're awesome enough". That's nice -_-

Overall this finale was nowhere, and I mean NOWHERE near as good as A Canterlot Wedding. Seriously, the plot in that one hit me in the face. I thought it would just be a happy-chappy wedding with too many songs, what I got instead was a whole evil plot twist, a war-fighting extravaganza, Celestia actually being defeated in a fight, etc! I mean come on! You can't beat that! The S3 finale wasn't even as good as The Best Night Ever, which again had quite a few twists as the ponies found out that it was in fact the opposite to their expectations, and of course the pleasure of watching Fluttershy going batshit insane for the first time.

I started to seriously wonder whether it was my love for the show that made me so critical about it - perhaps I simply got used to the show, perhaps I got over-saturated to what I loved about MLP? So I put it to the test - a marathon watching most episodes from Season 1 + Season 2. AND I FUCKING LOVED THEM ALL, many moments still found me cheering and giggling like a madman. So no, I have NOT become over-saturated with MLP. S3 had drastically fewer memorable moments compared to S1 or S2 and I found it to be by far my least enjoyable season, the finale was the nail in that coffin. That is all. If I was to recommend this show to anyone it would be just S1+S2, skip S3.

I feel Lauren Faust needs to come back. Season 3 has been very bland and the lack of her involvement with the season was very much obvious to me. At first I didn't pay it much attention but now it is clear that she provided the magic behind S1 and S2, the magic which is mostly gone from S3 (if the King Sombra arc wasn't fucking obvious enough).

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Oh? A second thread for the MLP S3 Finale?
I will post the same post then, because I am a lazy bastard:

Anyway, I am really, REALLY happy about this episode I watched just now from Youtube! The episode had a very successful pace that make all the song equally important. All the songs was great, with my favourite of course "A true, true friend"!!!
I had a little problem with the "Matrix" feeling when the Mane 6 had their memories back and when Celestia bring Twi to......the room of The Architect? The Architect had a special love for ponies it seems....

But the most awesome moment of course of the episode was when the Twiligh at the end of the episode said "Everything's going to be just fine". You know why? The team behind the MLP series heard the fans about the concerns they have about the "Alicorn is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD THING TO DO IN MLP!!!!"!!!!

And I will say this to the people they had fear about the transformation of Twilight from unicorn to an Alicorn:

Do you really thing THIS deserve so much hate and concern? It was hinted from the FIRST episode of this Season something like that will happen.
Do you thing because Twi become an freaking Alicorn, she will suddenly disappear from the show or not be with her friends anymore?
You know what, let this happen!!!
Reason? We already saw the writers of the show they put so much effort to make all the episodes enjoyable and they care abouttheir fans!
So even in Season 4 would see the most episodes the Mane 5 be alone without Twilight or episode with only Celestia, Luna and Twi only on it, I don't care because the Team behind these ideas, direction,writing,animation,voice actors,etc, are awesome people and they trying their best bring something new and different to the table without making it worst!!!!

Thank you for listening.

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
V da Mighty Taco said:
(snip)

final scenes. Turns out Twi really knows how to rock a dress. :p Admittedly, I didn't like Celestia's and Luna's looks much at the end, as their dresses look out of place on them. I'm also not fond of Celestia's oversized crown, especially when Luna's is small by comparison. It does look silly and makes it seem like Celestia is above her sister on the royal hierarchy, when the series' pilot established that they're suppose to rule Equestria together. It's a minor nitpick, but it does irritate me nonetheless.

(snip)

Overall, I find myself really liking the episode (much better than A Canterlot Wedding and The Crystal Empire, that's for certain). With the exception of my one major concern, I'm really looking forwards to seeing where they'll take this and how this will impact the show. But that does leave me with that concern; and while this episode did give me a bit of hope that my fears won't happen, it does still point to said possibility that the show could very well become mostly about Twilight instead of all of the Mane 6.

(Snip)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Luna didn't have a single line throughout the whole episode, which is sad since Twi's coronation is the perfect opportunity to have Luna say or do something, especially after Luna's scenes in The Crystal Empire episodes.
Okay, starting from the top of what I quoted....
I think that the scenes of Celestia & Luna together in the Crystal Empire pretty much established what I'd long
suspected....that is, that while nominally C&L are co-equal rulers, in practice Celestia calls the shots, and
Luna backs her up. Not something I'm happy about, seeing as I'm a 'Luna is best Princess' kind of guy, but the
interaction & conversation they had there made it pretty clear. (Luna asks Celstia "Are you sure you don't want
me to go with them?" which indicates that she thinks it would be best if she went with them, and that she has
suggested that she go with them previously. She then quietly abides by Celestia's decision.)
And yes, I agree that the dresses looked odd & out of place on C&L, I mean C didn't even wear a dress to the Gala...

The idea that the show might become totally 'Twilight-centric' and the other ponies might fade in to the background....
well that is concerning, but if anyone at Hasbro has even 1/2 a clue it won't happen. They need to keep a diverse
cast in order to sell the most merchandise....why sell just TS dolls/shirts when you could get so many to buy one
of each cast member?

Also not happy that Luna didn't get any lines in the finale....especially considering how deeply the TS promotion
affects her. I've long speculated that TS's eventual promotion could be seen as an attempt by Celestia to provide
more stability to the ruling dynamic, I mean now if there's a conflict between the Princess of the Day and the
Princess of the Night, it can be mediated by the Princess of the Twilight...
But Luna not even greeting/acknowledging Twilight in the Crystal Kingdom episodes was a bit disturbing...Twilight
should be pretty darn close to Luna's favorite pony in the whole world, seeing how Twilight saved her in S1 and
helped her in S2.

Fluttershy is best Pony.
Luna is best Princess.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
SweetShark said:

Anyway, I am really, REALLY happy about this episode I watched just now from Youtube! The episode had a very successful pace that make all the song equally important. All the songs was great, with my favourite of course "A true, true friend"!!!
I had a little problem with the "Matrix" feeling when the Mane 6 had their memories back and when Celestia bring Twi to......the room of The Architect? The Architect had a special love for ponies it seems....

But the most awesome moment of course of the episode was when the Twiligh at the end of the episode said "Everything's going to be just fine". You know why? The team behind the MLP series heard the fans about the concerns they have about the "Alicorn is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD THING TO DO IN MLP!!!!"!!!!

And I will say this to the people they had fear about the transformation of Twilight from unicorn to an Alicorn:

Do you really thing THIS deserve so much hate and concern? It was hinted from the FIRST episode of this Season something like that will happen.
Do you thing because Twi become an freaking Alicorn, she will suddenly disappear from the show or not be with her friends anymore?
Reason? We already saw the writers of the show they put so much effort to make all the episodes enjoyable and they care abouttheir fans!
So even in Season 4 would see the most episodes the Mane 5 be alone without Twilight or episode with only Celestia, Luna and Twi only on it, I don't care because the Team behind these ideas, direction,writing,animation,voice actors,etc, are awesome people and they trying their best bring something new and different to the table without making it worst!!!!

Thank you for listening.
I began typing this thread 30 minutes after the episode aired, but spent so long typing it that the other thread got posted an hour earlier.

Also, did you even read my post at all? Nowhere did I say that Twilight would leave her friends or would disappear from the show. My fears were about Twilight taking over the show as the only main character, with the others becoming side characters to her story - quite the opposite of what you thought I said. You also ignored my point about why I didn't have complete faith in the writers. Seriously, did you read any part of it?

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
V da Mighty Taco said:
SweetShark said:

Thank you for listening.
I began typing this thread 30 minutes after the episode aired, but spent so long typing it that the other thread got posted an hour earlier.

Also, did you even read my post at all? Nowhere did I say that Twilight would leave her friends or would disappear from the show. My fears were about Twilight taking over the show as the only main character, with the others becoming side characters to her story - quite the opposite of what you thought I said. You also ignored my point about why I didn't have complete faith in the writers. Seriously, did you read any part of it?
But of course I didn't.
After all, I said I will post the same post as the one I posted to the other similar Thread.
That why I also said I am a lazy bastard XD

But you are right, I should had read your post at first then answer, so I am sorry. I didn't wanted to say that only to you specifically, but in general for the other fans they have fear about the whole thing.

Anyway, now here is my answer after I read this specific post of yours....by posting another previous post of mine with some little changes inside of it:

------------------------------
I think it is great opportunity to see new things from the show not only from the perspective of Twi, but from the view point of Celestia and Luna as well.
Think of the new stories they can bring to the table that involve the daily life of Celestia and Luna or even old stories and adventures that involve the princesses before they meet Mane 6.

Also I expecting new characters that play an important role to the episodes of the new Season, plus this give new opportunities to see new villains more frequently than before [plus King Sombra maybe will return].

Heck, I will be the one I will say we need new main cast also to the new season to make it more enjoyable and to see something different for a change. Heh, maybe that why Hasbro want to make the "Human-ponies" spin-off after all:

Maybe they want to use the original voice actors of MLP to the new series and use new voices for the Season 4.

It is a long shoot for saying this, but damn if I am right, I must change job and become a medium XD

In other words, I don't afraid the big changes that Season 4 will bring to us. I will be one of the many [I believe] that I will see the whole situation with a clear mind and I will love it [I hope :p].

Thank you once again for listening me.
-------------------------------

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Little Woodsman said:
V da Mighty Taco said:
Super Snip
I think that the scenes of Celestia & Luna together in the Crystal Empire pretty much established what I'd long
suspected....that is, that while nominally C&L are co-equal rulers, in practice Celestia calls the shots, and
Luna backs her up. Not something I'm happy about, seeing as I'm a 'Luna is best Princess' kind of guy, but the
interaction & conversation they had there made it pretty clear. (Luna asks Celstia "Are you sure you don't want
me to go with them?" which indicates that she thinks it would be best if she went with them, and that she has
suggested that she go with them previously. She then quietly abides by Celestia's decision.)
And yes, I agree that the dresses looked odd & out of place on C&L, I mean C didn't even wear a dress to the Gala...

The idea that the show might become totally 'Twilight-centric' and the other ponies might fade in to the background....
well that is concerning, but if anyone at Hasbro has even 1/2 a clue it won't happen. They need to keep a diverse
cast in order to sell the most merchandise....why sell just TS dolls/shirts when you could get so many to buy one
of each cast member?

Also not happy that Luna didn't get any lines in the finale....especially considering how deeply the TS promotion
affects her. I've long speculated that TS's eventual promotion could be seen as an attempt by Celestia to provide
more stability to the ruling dynamic, I mean now if there's a conflict between the Princess of the Day and the
But Luna not even greeting/acknowledging Twilight in the Crystal Kingdom episodes was a bit disturbing...Twilight
should be pretty darn close to Luna's favorite pony in the whole world, seeing how Twilight saved her in S1 and
helped her in S2.

Fluttershy is best Pony.
Luna is best Princess.
Admittedly, I'm the type that wants to see both of the Royal Sisters get respect in both the fandom and show. The fandom in general just doesn't care much for Celestia unless it's depicting her as a monster/tyrant or it's in relation to Luna or Twilight, while the show just loves to through Luna under the bus unless it's a fanservice episode.

As for Luna being harsh on Twi in TCE, I saw it as her being more concerned about Celestia risking so much just to test Twilight instead of dealing with the problem themselves. It didn't seem so much like she didn't like Twilight, as it did that she just wasn't fully certain if Twi could pull it off (to a lesser extent, neither was Celestia).

Little Woodsman

Nov 11, 2012
V da Mighty Taco said:
Little Woodsman said:
V da Mighty Taco said:
Super Snip

of each cast member?

helped her in S2.

Fluttershy is best Pony.
Luna is best Princess.
Admittedly, I'm the type that wants to see both of the Royal Sisters get respect in both the fandom and show. The fandom in general just doesn't care much for Celestia unless it's depicting her as a monster/tyrant or it's in relation to Luna or Twilight, while the show just loves to through Luna under the bus unless it's a fanservice episode.

As for Luna being harsh on Twi in TCE, I saw it as her being more concerned about Celestia risking so much just to test Twilight instead of dealing with the problem themselves. It didn't seem so much like she didn't like Twilight, as it did that she just wasn't fully certain if Twi could pull it off (to a lesser extent, neither was Celestia).
Yeah, I don't get why so many fans are so harsh to Celestia....one of the things that hooked me in to the show was
the way that she just totally forgave Luna...when Luna (as NM) had been engaged in a plan that would have at the very
least had dire consequences for all of their world (no Sun/daytime in a completely agrarian society? Yikes!) and
Celestia just said "I miss you, rule beside me again." I'd love to see that whole theme explored a lot more...
And Celestia has never been anything but kind to any of her subjects in the show...everyone harps on the fact that
she sent Luna to the moon for a thousand years, but given everything else we know about her, I have to think that
there's more to that particular story (I'm a fan of the theories that either Luna was possessed or Discord caused
the situation by tricking both the princesses, but that's a discussion for another time....)
I didn't really see Luna as being harsh in TCE, it just seemed odd that she wouldn't even say hello, or see Twi's
nervousness and say a couple of reassuring words to her. Heck she didn't even smile, or really acknowledge Twi's
presence when they passed each other, and it was kind of strange/disturbing.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
SweetShark said:
V da Mighty Taco said:
Moar Snippity-Snip Snip
But of course I didn't.
After all, I said I will post the same post as the one I posted to the other similar Thread.
That why I also said I am a lazy bastard XD

But you are right, I should had read your post at first then answer, so I am sorry. I didn't wanted to say that only to you specifically, but in general for the other fans they have fear about the whole thing.

Anyway, now here is my answer after I read this specific post of yours....by posting another previous post of mine with some little changes inside of it:

------------------------------
I think it is great opportunity to see new things from the show not only from the perspective of Twi, but from the view point of Celestia and Luna as well.
Think of the new stories they can bring to the table that involve the daily life of Celestia and Luna or even old stories and adventures that involve the princesses before they meet Mane 6.

Also I expecting new characters that play an important role to the episodes of the new Season, plus this give new opportunities to see new villains more frequently than before [plus King Sombra maybe will return].

Heck, I will be the one I will say we need new main cast also to the new season to make it more enjoyable and to see something different for a change. Heh, maybe that why Hasbro want to make the "Human-ponies" spin-off after all:

Maybe they want to use the original voice actors of MLP to the new series and use new voices for the Season 4.

It is a long shoot for saying this, but damn if I am right, I must change job and become a medium XD

In other words, I don't afraid the big changes that Season 4 will bring to us. I will be one of the many [I believe] that I will see the whole situation with a clear mind and I will love it [I hope :p].

Thank you once again for listening me.
-------------------------------
I like the new opportunities provided by this (there are a lot of good ways they can take it from here), but overall most bronies (including myself) watch the show primarily because of the lightheartedness and the characters, with everyone having a character that they relate to. If characters start getting ignored, a lot of people are going to lose interest in the show due to not having the pony they relate to and care about actually mattering anymore. Just ask any brony who best pony is and hear them excitedly ramble on about it, if you don't believe me.

As for the new cast thing, I doubt that will happen and certainly don't want it to. While the show could use a good change, clearing out the previous main cast entirely definitely won't sit well with most people. I do see how a spinoff series involving a new cast could work, but dropping everyone's favorite pastel-colored equines entirely would probably be the death of G4 (as much as that term gets thrown around).

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
V da Mighty Taco said:
The wise creators know who the better princess is, and its not Luna or Cadance or Twilight. Best princess is obviously me!

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
Little Woodsman said:
Snips fer daiz
I personally really like the current canon idea that Luna's jealousy really did get the better of her and that she regrets what she did. Luna Eclipsed in particular really played on both the insecurity that probably led to that as well as her trying to atone for it all, hence why I like the episode so much. You can see shards of who she once was when she says things like "They have never liked us, Twilight Sparkle, and they never will" and when she goes into a frenzy because everypony is fleeing from her, but at the same time you her spend the entire episode just trying to make some friends and to prove that she's changed. It's what makes Luna such an awesome character in my eyes - she's a former villain who genuinely is full of regret, yet hasn't gone full-on emo and is trying to make the best of things even if it's sometimes hard. Also, bat-pony chariot of doom ftw!