Moar Food!: Faux Pas that drive you crazy.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Stu35 said:
Thats how chips should be. It's the European way, and if Americans will insist on calling them "French Fries" then you should bloody eat them the 'French' way you godless heathen North American scumbags.
Psssh. They're Freedom Fries, comrade! Everybody knows that! We will eat them with the traditional American condiment, as enumerated by our Founding Fathers if the motherhumping Constitution! USA! USA!

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
ZehMadScientist said:
erttheking said:
My sister dips her French fries in mayo. As someone who loves mayo, I find it disgusting.
I eat my French fries with mayonnaise as well, just like any other Dutchman would. It's as normal here as breathing. When you go to the Burger King, standard issue mayonnaise with your fries is what you're gonna get. On the flip side, putting mayonaisse on a sandwich is a lot less common here.

OT: People who eat sushi without wasabi. I mean, you are missing a vital part of the sushi experience! It's not supposed to be an option! Sushi and wasabi are like Yin and Yang; they can't exist without each other!
I'm sorry. But wasabi is chalk full of the essence of the fires of hell. I'm not touching that. I'll die. You want me to die? You want that on your conscience? Because that's what'll happen.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
game-lover said:
ZehMadScientist said:
OT: People who eat sushi without wasabi. I mean, you are missing a vital part of the sushi experience! It's not supposed to be an option! Sushi and wasabi are like Yin and Yang; they can't exist without each other!
I'm sorry. But wasabi is chalk full of the essence of the fires of hell. I'm not touching that. I'll die. You want me to die? You want that on your conscience? Because that's what'll happen.
Sacrifices are inevitable if it means upholding the balance of the world!

But seriously, if wasabi is too hell fire for you, you can mix it with your soy sauce. It becomes a lot less 'sharp' that way.

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
MetalDooley said:
AngloDoom said:
I feel sorry for you - it must be hard growing up with a soulless brother.
It's not something he's always done.It's only since he moved back from Australia.

Damn you Australia
Well, that would make sense........but I was born in Australia and have lived here my entire life and I have never heard of anyone, ever, putting mayo on pizza. Did he get hit in the head or something? Was he abducted by aliens? Honestly if you said he had been bitten by a deadly spider or eaten by a great white shark my thoughts would be "Yeah, that's Australia!" but the whole mayo thing is just.......what??

OT: You don't overcook steak. Honestly if you are going to do that, just buy some beef jerky.

Archl

Mar 19, 2010
Labyrinth said:
Archl said:
Just take a bite from your sate and then some rice. But mixing rice and sauce... that's just wrong.
Why? I mean, it's the best way to get an even mix of delicious. Rice is a great sponge for flavour, especially if you have excess sauce. To be fair though, I tend to mix up the curry meat and such as well. That way every mouthful is a delightful mix of meaty, peanuty, rice-y, spicy goodness.
I understand that, but every mouthful is also precisely the same, which I personally don't like. I prefer bit of variation. Especially if there are multiple different dishes, then mixing really shouldn't be done.

Another thing nobody should do with food is microwaving cereals. I saw someone do that until they had a warm milky-spongy mess.

YingDerpington

Apr 23, 2012
MetalDooley said:
AngloDoom said:
I feel sorry for you - it must be hard growing up with a soulless brother.
It's not something he's always done.It's only since he moved back from Australia.

Damn you Australia
Hell no you aren't blaming us for this one! We didn't do this! No true-blue Australian, Immigrant or even Tas-fragging-Manian would ever do that in 1000 years. EVER! The only possible reason for your brothers ungodly heathen ways is obviously a result of the bite from a Bird-Eating Spider.

OT: People that have Potato and Gravy (any kind, made anywhere) and only eat the gravy, it makes me nearly see red, if you get a potato and motherfucking gravy, you should eat the entire damn thing or just order a gravy you sad misguided tool! Also when people put Ketchup or Barbeque Sauce on either Fried Chicken or... Fried Chicken (Oriental Style). Fried Chicken of either kind was not meant to suffer abuse at the hands of such inferior products.

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
Aylaine said:
DustyLion said:
Go to a high price steak house. Ask the waiter for A1.
Apparently, this is more common then I had originally thought. You are the third or forth person I've seen this week that feels this way! It's just weird to me, because I can't imagine eating steak without A1 Sauce most of the time. Regardless of what kind of steak it is. :eek:
This, I believe is my biggest issue with food. If you have to put ANY A1 or other steak sauce on your steak, send it back, because your chef is an idiot who cannot properly prepare a piece of meat. If you PREFER that, then it may be possible that you were raised on poor quality meat, or someone who can't cook it.

A little heat, a little seasoning, maybe some mushrooms, and a fork. That is ALL you should need. And it should be fork tender.

And bloody. (Medium Rare in most steakhouses.)

prowll

Aug 19, 2008
T0ad 0f Truth said:
People that genuinley get pissed about what I like on my food. Yeah I like ketchup on mac 'n cheese, so what? Wanna fight about it?

OT: Seriously (well, more on topic anyway), I hate it when... You know what? No! Fuck you food elitists, as long as I don't have to eat it I'm fine with whatever you do. Leave me and my food alone!

[sub][sub][sub]... Hawaiian Pizza sucks though, don't eat that shit #Hypocrisy[/sub][/sub][/sub]
This, right here, is a travesty. You just don't put ketchup on Mac'N'Cheese. That's what spaghetti sauce is for. (Seriously, try it, tell me it's not better. :D )

thegingerone

Dec 1, 2011
My thing is adult picky eaters. I have a friend who eats like 5 things and thats it. And they're all super unhealthy like white bread, chocolate and American cheese. I just want to smack all these people and tell them to grow up and eat some decent food.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
AngloDoom said:
Mayonnaise with pizza.

That's...that's wrong. It's not even a matter of opinion, that's just objectively wrong. If you put mayonnaise on your pizza then your pizza should be immediately confiscated and given to the nearest starving tramp: at least they won't mistreat their food.
Depends what was on the pizza to begin with. Mayonnaise if fucking delicious, with the right toppings that could taste pretty damn good.

Archonic Energy

Feb 8, 2010
Stu35 said:
And whilst we're on Americans - LEARN WHAT CHEESE IS! Dear god that horrific plastic shit you people call cheese is just insulting.
agreed.
just because you CALL it "swiss" or "cheddar" it doesn't make it so.
if you can't make it properly then just import it from the countries that do.

johnnyLupine

Nov 19, 2008
My sister dips sandwiches in her coffee

My dad believes that chips and gravey is some kind of abomination, it is infact quite nice.

He also believes that cheese and chips or chili and chips are equally wrong, I disagree.

Ive been known to drink cofee out of a jug, apparently this is inappropreate behavior.

I once went on a camping holiday with a couple of friends, one of them was training to be a chef at the time, at the end of the holiday he cooked up tinned meat, pasta, mushy peas and what I believe may have been an entire bag of sugar, I politely tried to eat the..whatever it was and was yelled at for not finishing it. I will not eat anything like that again.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Techno Squidgy said:
AngloDoom said:
Mayonnaise with pizza.

That's...that's wrong. It's not even a matter of opinion, that's just objectively wrong. If you put mayonnaise on your pizza then your pizza should be immediately confiscated and given to the nearest starving tramp: at least they won't mistreat their food.
Depends what was on the pizza to begin with. Mayonnaise if fucking delicious, with the right toppings that could taste pretty damn good.
I'm sorry, but your mother and I have been talking and...and we think you have a problem.

Please, don't try to rationalise it; it just makes it harder for us both. We don't want to see you destroy yourself, you've got so much life ahead of you! Drugs Mayonnaise is just wrong, Techno, and until you learn to admit that, well...I'm not sure we can keep enabling you.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
One need only watch Ordinary Regular Swedish Meal Time to become nauseated with the amount of mayo that man buries everything in.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
AngloDoom said:
Techno Squidgy said:
AngloDoom said:
Mayonnaise with pizza.

I'm sorry, but your mother and I have been talking and...and we think you have a problem.

Please, don't try to rationalise it; it just makes it harder for us both. We don't want to see you destroy yourself, you've got so much life ahead of you! Drugs Mayonnaise is just wrong, Techno, and until you learn to admit that, well...I'm not sure we can keep enabling you.
YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. MAYONNAISE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES MY LIFE WORTH LIVING! HOW DARE YOU TRY AND TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME. YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
Techno Squidgy said:
AngloDoom said:
Techno Squidgy said:
AngloDoom said:
Mayonnaise with pizza.

YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. MAYONNAISE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES MY LIFE WORTH LIVING! HOW DARE YOU TRY AND TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME. YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

I like you, we need more silliness in the Escapist.

Carry on.