Modder Creates Amazing Dreamcast Handheld

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Sega should indeed contact him and give him a job designing a new portable device to release out there. Of course that one would have to fit in a pocket instead of a suitcase and have stylish appeal for the iphone obsessed masses.

...And of course it can't be preloaded with classic genesis games that are already on every network available. It would need brand new titles as well as ports of newer titles like Valkyria Chronicles.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Despite it's large and cumbersome, er, size, that's really sleek and professional-looking, my hat is off to that guy.

InnerRebellion

Mar 6, 2010
WanderFreak said:
Someone Under 40 At Sega: Hmm, we should hire this fellow.
Legal Department: INCORRECT! We should wait and watch, and the moment he tries to sell one, we sue him for $54.3 million in damages.
Someone Under 40 At Sega: And what happens when he can't pay?
Legal Department: We unleash the rape monkeys.
Sadly, I think this is probably what will happen to the poor fellow.

nelsonr100

Apr 15, 2009
Wow thats very impressive. I love this kind of stuff and would really love to have a go at it myself, maybe with a SNES or NES, something thats a bit simpler and less easy to destroy completely I think! two thumbs up for this though

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I have been wanting to see some Dreamcast games re-released myself. Of course tastes vary. I have wanted "Tales Of Arcadia", "Tech Romancer" (despite being dated), and other titles to make a return.

I'll also admit that despite being by all accounts horrendous I have gained a masochistic desire to also play "Illbleed" from watching the "Let's play Illbleed" series on Youtube.

I think one of the big problems is that the Dreamcast games have in many cases not aged well, but at the same time have some relatively high system requirements and take a decent amount of memory/space. That makes releasing bundles like the "Genesis Collection" impractical, and it's unknown how many of those games would sell well individually if priced similarly to competing "X-Box Originals" or Arcade games... done like that they couldn't be released dirt cheap due to the work needed to adapt them.

Still we can always hope they will make an official return.

Giantcain

Oct 29, 2009
InnerRebellion said:
WanderFreak said:
Someone Under 40 At Sega: Hmm, we should hire this fellow.
Legal Department: INCORRECT! We should wait and watch, and the moment he tries to sell one, we sue him for $54.3 million in damages.
Someone Under 40 At Sega: And what happens when he can't pay?
Legal Department: We unleash the rape monkeys.
Sadly, I think this is probably what will happen to the poor fellow.
I think your right there. Its a shame but its the way most big company's think.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
I'd buy one.

Also, the Dreamcast seems to be pretty high in people's opinion. Is that like that whole "don't speak ill of the dead" thing that I totally ignore?

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
If Sega put this into production I would most likely buy it. Is there anyway to contact Sega and tell them about this en masse in the hope that they will listen?

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
That's pretty cool. At least someone's doing something good with a mod and not just turning 360s into underpowered laptops etc.

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
TerribleAssassin said:
PsykoDragon said:
Can you play multiplayer though?
Yeah, there where two controller ports on the side so you can play MP.

OT: I want! + how did he shrink that big console that small?
Badass, Awesome, Perfect... So many words but not enough to describe this.