Modern Warfare 2 Kicks UK Sales Record's Ass

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Squid94 said:
Chipperz said:
It was selling for £26.
In one shop. Other places were doing it for the full 45. The majority of places, actually.
I did a list guys! Come on! Top of page 2! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.155019?page=2#3771927]

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
This is a BAD thing people, Activision was charging 10 Pounds More than the equivalent NA retail price in England, BECAUSE THEY KNEW IT WOULD SELL. Yes that's right, England has just validated Activisions belief that they can charge whatever the hell they want and the dumb consumers won't give a crap.

So yes, hooray.
Well, except for the fact that everywhere sold it for £40 or less, it was even selling for £26 some places.

Kazturkey

Mar 1, 2009
Epitome said:
Kazturkey said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Uh?????? Why is there a picture of Snatcher on there?
Because she enjoys pwning n00bs, duh.
As I remember she got pwned pretty hard herself at the grand hotel.

Just sayin'.
Lol Innapropriate high five! *

OT Fuck me i knew it would be bigger than GTA but way to set the bar higher, its even been making it into news broadcasts :D
I accept your highfive. Dont forget, look at the elbow and you wont go wrong.

How inappropriate would it be if I were to write Tiocfaidh ar la in allcaps right now...? Prreeeetttyyy inappropriate, I'm guessing.

Bobbovski

May 19, 2008
Baldry said:
This must be a kick in the nuts for all those PC gamers who werent gonna buy it
*shrugs* Not really. We knew that Console gamers would buy it anyway. The boycott only applied to the PC version of the game anyway (even if console players were welcomed to boycott too).

We'll live and be happy even without MW 2 since there are plenty of other developers that care about their PC fans =).

Epitome

Jul 17, 2009
Bobbovski said:
Baldry said:
This must be a kick in the nuts for all those PC gamers who werent gonna buy it
*shrugs* Not really. We knew that Console gamers would buy it anyway. The boycott only applied to the PC version of the game anyway (even if console players were welcomed to boycott too).

We'll live and be happy even without MW 2 since there are plenty of other developers that care about their PC fans =).
After looking at Activisions profits for the day.. developers may love you, publishers wont... :)

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Modern Warfare 2 was in the UK to kick ass and drink tea, and apparently, the UK was all out of tea - MW2 smashed the single-day sales records by a staggering amount.
I will let that joke slide, as long as you agree to make burger jokes in the eventual "MW 2 Breaks American Games Sales Record" news post.

You know. Because Americans are all fat. Because of the burgers. The fatties.

What?

TitsMcGee1804

Dec 24, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
What's British for "holy crap"?
bloody hell fire, what the fooooooooook?! jesus wept, ye' jestin' me....

any of those will do

all else fails 'oh noes!' is pretty multicultural