Modern Warfare 2 PC minimum requirements

x434343

Mar 22, 2008
System Requirements
OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
DirectX: Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c
Hard Drive: 12GB of free hard drive space
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Internet: Broadband connection required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet Connection required for activation

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
What's recommended though? That's pretty much every games minimum, it's the recommended that tells you what you actually need.

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
16 Gigs! Yeesh! Gives me hopes the campaign will be longer than 5/6 hours.

Whoops, I read it was 16 gigs here [http://www.destructoid.com/modern-warfare-2-pc-specs-3-ghz-16-gb-install--152785.phtml]. The 12 that the TC quotes is more of what I would've expected.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
zombflux said:
D4zZ said:
Halfbreed13 said:
THANKS BRO!
Now I know that I can run a shit game I will avoid like the devil.
How do you know it's shit?
BECAUSE MAN, IT'S SUPER POPULAR. POPULAR = BAD

DUH, HAVEN'T YOU EVER PLAYED HALO.
*facepalm*

urgh...fail at sarcasm.

But yeah, that is pretty much the standard configuration for minimum requirements of a modern game. The recommended tells a lot more and if you know both, you can pretty much tell in advance how well your particular machine is going to run it.

Me, I might buy the game in a fit of insanity once it comes out. Or, assuming no decent RPG comes out I might actually get into the shooter genre once again. Who knows.

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
D4zZ said:
Halfbreed13 said:
THANKS BRO!
Actually, for all the people who think it's because it's popular, you are all idiots. It's the whole you know, lack of any quality multiplayer thing. Just a minor detail tho rite!>?!?!?!?!!

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
Chesterfield Snapdragon McFisticuffs said:
Is anyone in the slightest bit pissed that its (US) $30 more than all the other AAA titles on steam(bar Red Faction)
Il stick to the console version.
Same here, I cant wait to get my Prestige Bundle, with working night vision goggles. No hot pocket will be safe. (Especially at night)

zombflux

Oct 7, 2009
Halfbreed13 said:
D4zZ said:
Halfbreed13 said:
THANKS BRO!
Actually, for all the people who think it's because it's popular, you are all idiots. It's the whole you know, lack of any quality multiplayer thing. Just a minor detail tho rite!>?!?!?!?!!
I know not having dedicated servers sucks, but I'm not going to judge the game until it comes out :\