Modern Warfare 2: Worth 50 Dollars?

Zahri

Dec 15, 2008
With the free weekend going on, there's a 10% off sale as well on steam, bringing the price down to $50

Now i was originally going to buy the game on release day, but with all the no dedicated servers garbage, i decided to hold off.

So now i ask, is it worth 50 dollars, escapist?

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Though I can't speak for everyone, I personally don't think it was worth my £40, which would work about about $60. and I reckon it's not worth 50. You see I find that tragically nearly everything about the game is flawed to the extent the only reason I still have it is because my friends do and they think it's flawed also.

In fact, i believe I might go trade it in the next chance I have. So no, it's not worth it

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
DO NOT BUY IT FROM STEAM! If you shop around, you can find a retail copy for much cheaper. Also, retail uses Steam, anything you have done this weekend will be carried over.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
I don't think so. If you want a shooter, go for Bad Company or something. I got my copy of MW2 for $20 with two crappy games traded in, and I still don't know if I really got my money's worth out of it.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
You'll certainly get value from it if you look at it in the context of hours per dollars.

Unfortunately, many of those hours will be rage filled torture that you will never get back...

Rauten

Capitalism ho!
Apr 4, 2010
It isn't worth it, not at that price, that's for sure. Tons of other games on Steam that are either better or cheaper that would be a better investment for your money. If you really want a millitaristic shooter, Bad Company 2 may be the solution.

Zahri

Dec 15, 2008
I see, thank you very much escapist. ^^

I'll stick to TF2 if that's the case. :3

Denizen

Jan 29, 2010
buy the left 4 dead bundle, its both left 4 deads for $50

for reference on mw2, see this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziSCrNeCHBc