Modern Warfare 2

deedee03

Jul 7, 2009
Modern Warfare comes out to the public on Nov.10th-why are people on my friends list already playing it??? thats beyond not fair!!!I already know Infinity Ward is going to somehow get everyone to reset there games so they endup back at square one on the prestige but the people who have the game ahead of time know every good sniper spot and camping spot and gun that fits them best-they have a severe advantage and its NOT fair AT ALL to the rest of us!!!

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
They pre-ordered it probably.

It's a incentive to pre-order the game, as the more pre-orders a game has the more they can be sure that it will sell well. (Or something)

Just preorder it next time if you want "Advantages"

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
deedee03 said:
Modern Warfare comes out to the public on Nov.10th-why are people on my friends list already playing it??? thats beyond not fair!!!I already know Infinity Ward is going to somehow get everyone to reset there games so they endup back at square one on the prestige but the people who have the game ahead of time know every good sniper spot and camping spot and gun that fits them best-they have a severe advantage and its NOT fair AT ALL to the rest of us!!!
It's hardly going to be game breaking...

People will be doing that within a day of owning the game anyway, it's nothing to worry about at all.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Think about it this way, in 6 months, you won't remember this and no one will care who had it first or what.

Besides, you're biggest disadvantage would be those red bull guzzling CSS freaks who play new shooters for 2-3 days straight.

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
Stupid sales people selling the game too soon, theft, friends owning game shops, and piracy. Those are my guesses. Also, I doubt people getting it early hurts anyones chances of gaming fun. Whatever they find, you'll see someone posting it on youtube.

deedee03

Jul 7, 2009
It just ruins my chances of being one of the top on the scoreboard-some of us happen to be that serious about our gaming-if im going to spend alot of money on that game i want it to be a fair advantage-i want to be one of the best-hard to be the best when people have already done everything and know what to expect in the game-plus when you pre-order games most of the times you get a discount-wouldnt it be nice to give the advantages to the people who had to pay the complete full price :S seriously pissed off gamer here-i dont even know if its worth getting now

PimpinAngel

Oct 25, 2009
Boo hoo. How about finding the said sniper spots by asking them or seeing where they are when they shoot you. And since when has that game series been about fair anyway?

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
will1182 said:
dududf said:

It's a incentive to pre-order the game, as the more pre-orders a game has the more they can be sure that it will sell well. (Or something)

Pre-ordering just guarantees you a copy on day one, to my knowledge. It does not, however, get you the game early.

The people playing it either stole it, bought it from a small retailer who doesn't care about release dates, or illegally downloaded it.

And OP, you won't be that disadvantaged. Who cares if they get a head start? If they brag about their high level, just call them a crook. That'll shut them up.
Ye my only source was over hearing my friend say that he pre ordered it and can pick it up on the 8th.

So I just assumed it was true >.<

Also, all that one day will do is give them a small head start for that first day, on day 2 it will be equaled out.

deedee03

Jul 7, 2009
PimpinAngel said:
Boo hoo. How about finding the said sniper spots by asking them or seeing where they are when they shoot you. And since when has that game series been about fair anyway?
......are you serious...find the said sniper spots by seeing were they are when they shoot you-yeah thats fine when its a fair advantage but when its not fair my kill death ratio is at risk !!!

PimpinAngel

Oct 25, 2009
deedee03 said:
PimpinAngel said:
......are you serious...find the said sniper spots by seeing were they are when they shoot you-yeah thats fine when its a fair advantage but when its not fair my kill death ratio is at risk !!!
Geez, if you care so much why don't you ask one of those friends to show you where they are.

deedee03 said:
It just ruins my chances of being one of the top on the scoreboard-some of us happen to be that serious about our gaming-if im going to spend alot of money on that game i want it to be a fair advantage-i want to be one of the best-hard to be the best when people have already done everything
If you're as good as you say you are, I'm sure you can be high in the leaderboards. Now quit complaining and take it like a man. I don't get to play it either, but do I make a thread about how it's unfair and cut my wrists. No!

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
will1182 said:
dududf said:
will1182 said:
dududf said:

Pre-ordering just guarantees you a copy on day one, to my knowledge. It does not, however, get you the game early.

The people playing it either stole it, bought it from a small retailer who doesn't care about release dates, or illegally downloaded it.

And OP, you won't be that disadvantaged. Who cares if they get a head start? If they brag about their high level, just call them a crook. That'll shut them up.
Ye my only source was over hearing my friend say that he pre ordered it and can pick it up on the 8th.

So I just assumed it was true >.<

Also, all that one day will do is give them a small head start for that first day, on day 2 it will be equaled out.
Really? Hmm...I'd be interested to hear what retailer he's getting it from. Also, is this an official thing for everybody, or is it just his buddy passing him the game under the table? It's OK if you don't know, I'm just curious.
No from the sounds of it, it was pretty official as his friend agreed on the day saying and I quote "Oh yeah forgot about that" in context to the 2 days earlier...

If I remember the store, I THINK it is either Rogers, Game Stop, or EB Games.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
It's threads like this that make me glad I don't care about online multiplayer at all. I am jealous of your friend, though.

irishdude

Feb 4, 2009
deedee03 said:
ya dont play online before the 10th, or ull get banded. anyway MW2 single player is awesome haha

p.s. the xbox 360 verison was leaked over a week ago, thats how a finished already

deedee03

Jul 7, 2009
PimpinAngel said:
deedee03 said:
PimpinAngel said:
Geez, if you care so much why don't you ask one of those friends to show you where they are.

deedee03 said:
It just ruins my chances of being one of the top on the scoreboard-some of us happen to be that serious about our gaming-if im going to spend alot of money on that game i want it to be a fair advantage-i want to be one of the best-hard to be the best when people have already done everything
If you're as good as you say you are, I'm sure you can be high in the leaderboards. Now quit complaining and take it like a man. I don't get to play it either, but do I make a thread about how it's unfair and cut my wrists. No!
Thats the main reason why its sooo important to me -I AM NOT A MAN-