Modern Warfare 2's Limited Edition 360 Bundle Does It Big

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
-Zen- said:
Wow. This reminds me of the Halo-themed 360 that came out when Halo 3 was released.
or the RE5 360, or the simpsons 360. theres alot of custom designed ones.

pp2

Jul 29, 2009
Irridium said:
250 gigs?

If they ever release the hard drive seperatly, one can only imagine the price.
My bet is that it would go for $300.
Thats what I was thinking too, since I paid $150 for a new 120gb HDD a year ago. So long story short, I pre-ordered this sucker on the spot. I was actually headed up there to purchase WET, but I figure that'll be @ $30 in the used bin soon enough anyway so I put the $50 down on this deal.

I think the system alone with a 250gb drive is worth $400(at least), so throwing in the game and another controller makes this a no-brainer purchase. Plus I want a new 360 anyway...I'm on my 10th console and this one came back from the repair center flashing the RROD upon hookup, so at least I'll have a backup when this one craps out. And as long as both of them are functioning, I'll keep the old one in the bedroom mainly for Netflix viewing.

So I have the Prestige edition of the game pre-ordered already and now the bundle. My son has the Prestige edition pre-ordered by his house as well but he said he was going to downgrade to the normal edition. Since I'm going to have an extra copy with this bundle I offered him that extra copy plus one of the controllers in exchange for a memory card so I don't have to recover my gamertag between units. He was more than happy to take that offer (smart kid) so now we're both set.

Apr 28, 2008
pp2 said:
wow, nice!

Do you know if the MW2 console comes with a transfer cable? Like the 120gb hard drive? Because if it does, I may just get it.

I'm still using my old 12gb hard drive...

pp2

Jul 29, 2009
12gb? Did you mean 120gb?

Thats a good question, although since there's a system in there too I doubt it has the transfer cable. On the other hand, if you have one (and the disc) I'm betting you can do the transfer thing again with it.

The only bummer is that once the transfer is complete it reformats the source drive. When I upgraded from 20 to 120 that really didn't matter, but it would be nice to at least have the option whether to reformat or not. But then again its probably like that because of dupers/cheaters/exploiters, so I suppose we have them to thank for the lack of choice.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Irridium said:
Do you know if the MW2 console comes with a transfer cable? Like the 120gb hard drive? Because if it does, I may just get it.
I doubt it, but that kit's available upon request at Xbox customer service. If you do want to pick up the bundle and migrate your drive contents to the new system, I'd give them a call (or email, or live chat, or whatever) first and see if you can't get a transfer kit by mail first.

-- Steve

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
pp2 said:
Plus I want a new 360 anyway...I'm on my 10th console and this one came back from the repair center flashing the RROD upon hookup, so at least I'll have a backup when this one craps out. And as long as both of them are functioning, I'll keep the old one in the bedroom mainly for Netflix viewing.
You are on your 10 Xbox, and you still want to send MS another 400$? How could you possibly want another one?

OT: This looks like a good deal for people who want MW and who don't have an Xbox. But most people have an Xbox so I don't see this selling that much.

pp2

Jul 29, 2009
I want another one because:

A) I have almost 70 retail games for it and over 40 arcade games

-and-

B) Its the best gaming console out there, so why wouldn't I want it?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
-Zen- said:
Wow. This reminds me of the Halo-themed 360 that came out when Halo 3 was released.

In fact, I get the feeling that Modern Warfare's become the new Halo.
Really? I've heard it spoken of every now and then, but I know nothing about it...
pp2 said:

-and-

OK, that's too close to trolling for comfort. Please insert a, "for me," or "in my opinion," to avoid causing unnecessary arguments. :)

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
hansari said:
Keane Ng said:
Modern Warfare 2's Limited Edition 360 Bundle Does It Big
I thought whenever consoles bundled with blockbuster games, those games were always exclusives.

Also, no wires for the controller?... c'mon...
Perhaps Activision is gearing up for a withdrawal from the PS3 system regardless of the price cut?

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
Erana said:
-Zen- said:

In fact, I get the feeling that Modern Warfare's become the new Halo.
Really? I've heard it spoken of every now and then, but I know nothing about it...
pp2 said:

-and-

OK, that's too close to trolling for comfort. Please insert a, "for me," or "in my opinion," to avoid causing unnecessary arguments. :)
Miss Erana! There is a difference between trolling and being a fanboy :p

And in in my opinion all these limited edtion bundle things are a waste of money, at the end of the day I want to be able to play the game. I'm not bothered about goggles or a different coloured xbox. Unless it's pink. And it has kittens on it.

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
Stop tempting me with things I don't have money for Microsoft...

Seriously though, I'd like to get one.