Modern Warfare 3; Living up to the legacy?

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
I am somewhat interested in the new class system, and I'm happy that they've finally moved to a point system instead of a kill system, but I still won't be getting it. Its just not my type of game.

Oh, and you get hackers on consoles too. Maybe not as many, but they do exist. I know a few people who have been banned from playing it for doing just that...

ELD3RGoD

Apr 23, 2010
Well, I played Spec Ops at Eurogamer and honestly, the game felt about 100X better than MW2. The weapons recoiled realistically, explosions were weakened largely, the sounds were amazing and graphically it looked like the engine had been much improved. My opinion? Day 1 purchase, it was one of the only games I played multiple times over 4 days. I played BF3 once, didn't/couldn't enjoy it. I'll buy it maybe for Xmas, but meh, Skyrim and MW3 will do it for me now.

PayNSprayBandit

Dec 27, 2008
For whatever it's worth, I've actually played MW3 (@CODXP)and even though I just got Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition, Homefront, Gears of War 3, RAGE, and Battlefield 3, all I can think about is playing MW3 again.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Well, I am psyched for CoD after playing battlefield 3...

I was so disappointed with it... The only thing that saved it, was the graphics. And that's by no means a good thing.

I really hope CoD lives up to it's expectations.

moh21

Jul 25, 2009
I had originally included a little statement at the bottom of my post stating that I was fully aware that Infinity Ward and Treyarch are separate developers sharing the CALL OF DUTY franchise. I then chose to omit it because I figured people were intelligent enough to know that on their own. And on the subject of blops, I was implying that it had set a precedent for cod games with some serious issues;poor server management, unreliable player spawning and plain old greed.(Wait 1 month and charge me 1200 microsoft points for something you easily could have included with the game on release? Come on Treyarch)

Zeh Don

Jul 27, 2008
People will buy it because the people who buy Call of Duty don't use forums and PCs, they don't care about the industry politics, and they don't play anything else apart from Call of Duty.
It will sell more than Battlefield 3, and any other game, every year because Activision Blizzard's strategy of yearly released fits perfectly with the brain-dead FPS market, where there is no saturation point.

moh21

Jul 25, 2009
To me Modern Warfare 2 killed nay legacy for the MW series, the story is ridiculous, and it's beyond salvation, considering how good CoD4 was, I hardly think they'll ever top that.

Still, it'll sell a lot...

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
GriffinStallion said:
Lonely Packager said:
I like some of the tweaks that was made to the multiplayer in Black Ops, but it looks like Modern Warfare 3 is just going to be like Modern Warfare 2, except with different killstreaks and maps. So the whole game seems like a massive expansion pack to me.
(Apparently there will be no Commando Perk as well. Boo.)
But that's just my opinion.
You used commando? YOU ARE THE CANCER OF THE GAME!
And when I'm not using my M9 with Tactical Knife and Commando perk class, I'm using my Assault Rifle with Grenade Launcher, Thumper as secondary and Danger Close perk class instead!

Man I love that game.