Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3, I can't decide 'cause I'm stoopid!

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
Real answer is: Fuck both of them and get Serious Sam 3.

Answer on topic: Get Modern Warfare 3 because really, fuck EA.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Ilikemilkshake said:
cyrogeist said:
MW3= same engine new mappack
fixed.. seriously? the only thing new about mw3 will be the maps

Anyway, BF3 has JETS... i rest my case
...have you seen any of the videos on it?
if you listen they are doing things differently...
also the BF game i played with fighter jets/planes people only used them for dogfighting
...im not going to go into a flamewar...

ChickenZombie

May 25, 2011
Sharkeyboi said:
I want to play one of these games... but which one. My experience tells me that Call of Duty games are solid experiences and a headquarters for fun times online... but my eyes tell me that Battlefield 3 looks f*cking epic. Well they both look pretty good.

There's been an awful lot of mud slinging in regards with this topic and not just from video game players but from the publishers too. He said this, they said that. That information is out there.

I want to play a solid FPS and these two seem to be the big ones soon to be released. I just don't want to bet on the wrong horse 'cause I'm trying to save money. Help out an old soul escapist community. Heck it could be beneficial to a lot of readers who have one leg on either side of the fence. I know I'm not alone here and my balls are beginning to ache.
Well it depends on what you like in a game. if you like quick matches, really quick gameplay, and a steady experience, go Call Of Duty. If you are looking for something new with each map, a bit slower gameplay (more time to think, IMO), but more variation between each match (so sometimes you will have balanced matches and sometimes you wont), go battlefield.

Battlefield has more variety, but that means that the matches become unbalanced more often than in COD.

Personally, I am going with battlefield. To me COD looks only slightly different than the previous title, wheras battlefield is trying to give me something new (and I want something new when I purchase a NEW game, if that makes sense). Both will be great games, but I personally prefer the Battlefield games to the COD games.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
cyrogeist said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
cyrogeist said:

also the BF game i played with fighter jets/planes people only used them for dogfighting
Eh, they've said differently every game iteration. We've yet to see anything really new except killstreaks and gun mods. Many games call that DLC.

Also, dogfighting? Man, you're lucky. In the games of BF2 I had when the enemy had air superiority it was hell getting anything done because the pilots would bomb your shit.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
dogstile said:
cyrogeist said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
cyrogeist said:

Eh, they've said differently every game iteration. We've yet to see anything really new except killstreaks and gun mods. Many games call that DLC.

Also, dogfighting? Man, you're lucky. In the games of BF2 I had when the enemy had air superiority it was hell getting anything done because the pilots would bomb your shit.
...i just noticed that people only consider CoDs online...the single player and survival will be fun.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
cyrogeist said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
cyrogeist said:

I've seen all those videos from that CoD XP thing that say it plays almost exactly the same.

OT: MW3 is more of the same, BF3 will have at least evolved somewhat, in the proper sense of the word, not just "machine pistols are less effective now", or whatever.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
cyrogeist said:
dogstile said:
cyrogeist said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
cyrogeist said:

...i just noticed that people only consider CoDs online...the single player and survival will be fun.
I'm talking about gameplay. Game modes for me do not count as worthy content to be more than a DLC. Valve brings out new game modes all the time for L4D2 in the form of mutation game modes, but its not worth a full game.

Survival? I've seen survival. It doesn't really look like anything different from the typical cod gameplay. Shoot, get hit, hide for a second, continue. Maybe i'd be more impressed if I wasn't a little disappointed by my last 4 or so cod purchases.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
In my own personalsomewhat uninformed oppinion, which people somehow fail to reciognize as the ultimate truth, here's the stuff running through my head, PS i'm only concerned about multiplayer here:

MW3:
Probably more or less the same as MW2 or BO, BO fixed MW2's major problem with IWnet (on PC) which was fucking retarded, and made sure half the players had bad latency in any given match.
Will have all the good parts from MW2, minus the bad parts, if I already had BO, i wouldn't give to pieces of shit about MW3, and i'll probably end up picking BO up instead, since it's half the price, and practically the same game.

BF3:
Oh how i have longed for this game, BF2 is my favourite shooter of all time, and it's been a long time since, so i can only wonder what they've enhanced. As far as i know, they've improved on the destructible enviroment from BFBC2, which i also like a lot, but they'll have twice as many player spots pr map compared to BC2.
The game is eye candy as well, and 2 of my friends, who played it durring alpha tells me it's amazing, and everything you'd excpect.
Dunno if fighter jets/bombers have been nerfed since BF2, they were a pain in the ass,could hardly be taken down, and made me avoid several maps unless infantry only was on.
Then came the most devastating game-related news of the year, you had to use EA origin, while that was only in itself a tollerable inconvenience at first, some nice persons pointed out the shit-faced TOS, which basicly allows EA to probe around your computer, not just your origins files, but whereever they damned please, and use it, not only for collecting data to improve BF3 and other origin games, but for whatever they damned please, and they could even sell/give it to whoever they damned please. Plus, it eats a shitload of rescources, or so i'm told by the guys at reddit.
Basicly, you give EA legal permission to install spyware on your computer, and use whatever they find for whatever they want, if you store your soul on your HD, they can sell it (or at least a digital copy of it) to cthulu.

My personal choice is this, with BFBC2 and MW2 beeing my latest games I own in either franchice:
Fuck BF3, fuck it right up the barrel, untill EA makes it usable without origin, or makes origin at least tolerable, like steam, if not more.
Fuck MW3, i honestly don't belive, it'll be any better, or offer anything more than BO, and BO is half the price, and fixes my only major issue with MW2, IWnet.
So maybe i'll get BO, when i feel the desire to get a new shooter.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Woodsey said:
cyrogeist said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
cyrogeist said:

I've seen all those videos from that CoD XP thing that say it plays almost exactly the same.

OT: MW3 is more of the same, BF3 will have at least evolved somewhat, in the proper sense of the word, not just "machine pistols are less effective now", or whatever.
oook so what exactly is BF3 doing differently? and upgraded physics dont count.

the spud

May 2, 2011

OT: They aren't out yet. Wait for the reviews. But it looks like enither is going to revolutionize anything, at least not to me.

Kodachi

Jun 6, 2011
CoD, in my experience, has always been the arcade version of FPSs. It's you against the machine, mastering the weapons, the environment, figuring out the right combination of elements to become nearly unbeatable. The pursuit of figuring out how to master the game is often a thrill and the constant experimenting you'll be able to do will offer hours of exciting game-play.

BF is the polar opposite, focusing instead on how well can you work with others. You get a variety of support weapons to assist other people and receive due credit for doing so. You'll succeed only by finding a good group of friends who's game-play styles sync up well with yours. Thus, rather than mastering the mechanics of the game, you must instead focus on the more unknown variables like tactics and communication. This ensures an almost limitless amount of exciting game-play as you never know who you're playing with/against or how well players can devise a plan of attack together.

Personally, I would recommend BF3 through I feel it really comes down to whether you're an introverted or extroverted gamer. If you only feel confident in relying on your own skills, go with CoD. If you have a good group of friends that you play with (a clan perhaps), BF3 is the game for you.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
If you like slower more tactical gameplay with vehicles, Battlefield is for you.

If you like very fast gameplay relying mostly on connection speed and twitch reflexes, with chaos all around you constantly, Call of Duty is for you.

There is no right or wrong answer. They're very different games designed for slightly different crowds.