Modern Warfare 4 Held Hostage

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
Hilarious, but can't Infinity Ward get around this by just naming their site something like modernwarfare4game.com, or is my internet-knowledge lacking?

BTW, are assassinscreed3.com, masseffect3.com and fallout4.com already taken?

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Everybody's so serious about this.

I doubt this guy would actually try to force Activision to give out a bunch of free games, he probably just wants to be able to say that he held out against Activision and got something. It would probably cost more for Activision to have it's lawyers yell at people to get this domain name back than to simply offer to ship this guy a free T-shirt.

Personally, I hope Activison complies with these demands immediately and sends the Ziip community disks labled MW4, and when you play it, it rickrolls you. At the end, there would be a message saying that this is as far in the development process as they have gone, and to please watch their site for updates.

Sh0ckFyre

Jun 27, 2009
That attempt at getting an imaginary sequel, for free, no less, is the new definition of retarded. Seriously, do you think Infinity Ward is going to milk Call of Duty for all it's worth? I mean, sure they're gonna continue the franchise, but not go all the way up the bat shit bonkers ladder and make four Modern Warfare games.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
wait they held hostages for a video game and they ask for "modern warfare 4" WTF!!!!

wow this makes us gamers look bad
Yeah it does. I really don't see what the big deal is anyway, isn't MW2 going to be $60?

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I think this is genius. But I just they were a little more realistic and just ask for T-shirts or invite them to future MM beta testings or something.

If I was Infinity Ward I would reward this kind of fan love, but I can't just give away copies of my hard work for free.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
who the hell would hold mw4 hostage even though the secound one isnt out...some people need to get lifes if they are going to such odds. see this is why all game companys are evil they make awsome stuff and then all the fans cant wait for more...

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Idiots. Infinity ward will give away a few games in a flash. They should have demanded a few grand.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Modern Warfare FOUR anyone?

That or they'll rename the game by the 4th installment. Or they could add a modern warfare 4 section to an already existing website.
Or something else.

I don't think they'll bite.

sune26

Not sure what to put here
Apr 13, 2009
Just use ModernwarfareIV.com pff there are lot of other ways to do it

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
Well that's stupid and self-centered.
I thought they'd do something that would benefit the whole, victimized COD community, like demand Activision stop dicking around with the pricing.

Besides, they can just make it codmw4.com
Shorter anyways.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Cybersquatting laws seem like such bull to me. If Activision really wants it, they'll just get it, because that's how the Anticybersquatting Act works. It's pretty unfair, because it basically says: "yes, that domain is yours, but this guy over here has a better reason to use it, so it's not yours anymore. Ahahahah, go away, sad little man."

That said, I appreciate what they're doing, and that they're doing it in a humorous way, and likely for a lark, not for any serious reason cybersquatting-esque reason.

Aunel

May 9, 2008
it's awesome how they thought of this, I hope they get somekind of fake copy of MW4 with normal packaging and everything and a disc in it when put into console says something like
"if you pay the fee,
you might get
the game which you plea
and before you forget
it will make you scream with glee

plastic_window

Jun 29, 2008
This tickles me.

I don't know how the legal battle - if there is one - will happen, but the message they originally wrote was funny.

hansari

May 31, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
What if they decide not to call it Modern Warfare 4?
Instead of Bioshock2.com, the site is called somethinginthesea.com

They could do the same here...use a witty phrase from the game....I doubt anyone will care.