Modern Worms

spikeyjoey

Sep 9, 2009
Well I will keep in the theme of fans being angry at the developers of games they love - and I saw today a clip for the new Worms Revolution.

My gripe is - ps1 worms is far better than the XBLA version. XBLA has seriously cut back on the options you can have.. you cant have unlimited rounds anymore! I loathe sudden death, especally with the rising sea levels, that was introduced in Worms2, but there is no way to get rid of it. My friend commented "it speaks volumes when a game assumes you will get bored of it"

Also, charging 320 MS points (give or take) for a new map skin is laughable - the now infamous "Horse Armour" feels like better value.

I would actually fork out what I paid for Worms XBLA all over again, just for a version with no f***in imposed time limit (No airstrikes or homing missiles or teleports for us, just elongated bazooka/grenade warfare!)

Well thats that really, I guess my point is, surely updates should ADD, not take away. I feel like Jim Sterling does with Konami, and I just want to slap the dev team about the head for TAKING AWAY so many cool features (why no more team name customisation? why no more option for 6 man teams?)

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Welcome to the world of modern gaming.
Extra features? What is that, can we sell it as DLC?

... sad part is they can and they do.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
The thought of the Worms game was so depressing that I went to GOG and wishlisted the original game. I want to return to the nice happy time of gaming where games weren't fueled by corporate greed (or at least, the fuel was less overt).

spikeyjoey

Sep 9, 2009
Yeah, as sickening as it is, I can understand why they charge ludicrous amounts for new packs, that is, after all, "added content". But they could never have a "no time limit" DLC. I just dont know why they decided to get rid of it... but then, as yahtzee puts, why the fucktoast did yakuza 4 dead souls decided to change aiming to the left analogue..

It just boggles the mind..