Mods delete this thread plz.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
That's nice, I guess.

I'm not so surprised by Mario Kart selling well tho. It's a popular, Mario-branded franchise with broad appeal on a system that as of yet has very few quality racing games ('cept Fast RMX, but that's far more niche than Mario Kart)

And a fair number of people who bought it may not even know it's a port, nor do I think most of them would particularly care. Remember that many, perhaps most, people who play games are nowhere near as informed as forumgoers like us.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Also Kimishima has announced that he's stepping down in June with his successor being Shuntaro Furukawa:

https://nintendoeverything.com/tatsumi-kimishima-retiring-as-president-of-nintendo/

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
And? Is there a point you want to make? An opinion you want to give? I mean, there is a reason that threads that are "Here is a link. Discuss." get closed.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Yoshi178 said:
CaitSeith said:
And? Is there a point you want to make? An opinion you want to give?
right. i forgot that positive Nintendo threads weren't allowed on this website.
Oh, it was positive? I couldn't tell as there were only numbers without context. My mistake.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Yoshi178 said:
CaitSeith said:

CaitSeith said:
I mean, there is a reason that threads that are "Here is a link. Discuss." get closed.
i don't see this thread being closed.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/for...nd-2-are-now-re-releasing-on-PS4-XBONE-and-PC
What positivity? You've given a set of numbers with no context or commentary and seem to be expecting us to hop on Ninty's junk because of it.

Nintendo doing well shouldn't be celebrated. Nintendo doing poorly shouldn't be celebrated either. Game publishers are corporations. They don't give a damn about you or me as anything more than walking piggy banks. Learn to be a fan of something without making it your identity.

Yoshi178 said:
Do you really not see the difference between the OP there and yours? I mean come on, mate. You can do better than that.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
And now there's a rumor that Fortnite is coming to the Switch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UpK0iYuLb0

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
CaitSeith said:
Oh, it was positive? I couldn't tell as there were only numbers without context. My mistake.
The numbers provide the context.

In 1 year the switch has sold 4 million more units than the Wii U managed in it's entire life and will probably overtake the Gamecube's lifetime sales this year. This shows that Nintendo chose the right direction with the switch after the Wii U's rather abject failure.

In that same year Nintendo have had several first party titles sell more than 5 million copies. Agains this is good news since they struggled to sell software for the Wii U and even the Wii had relatively poor uptake on a lot of their 'proper' games.

So it's all good news for Nintendo, although I'm still not terribly interested in the Switch as a device it's evidently gone down well with the wider world.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
fix-the-spade said:
CaitSeith said:

In 1 year the switch has sold 4 million more units than the Wii U managed in it's entire life and will probably overtake the Gamecube's lifetime sales this year. This shows that Nintendo chose the right direction with the switch after the Wii U's rather abject failure.

In that same year Nintendo have had several first party titles sell more than 5 million copies. Agains this is good news since they struggled to sell software for the Wii U and even the Wii had relatively poor uptake on a lot of their 'proper' games.

So it's all good news for Nintendo, although I'm still not terribly interested in the Switch as a device it's evidently gone down well with the wider world.
The numbers posted above state nothing about the Wii U sales and such. You've added that context yourself. You also keep saying "good news." Why is it good news that an extremely wealthy multinational corporation is now slightly wealthier? Neither you nor I gain anything from that.

Also, if the OP had included text like your post in it, none of these complaints (at least the ones from me) would have been made.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
CaitSeith said:
Yoshi178 said:
CaitSeith said:
Numbers good. Transformers 5 make 600 million. It mean movie good. Is greatest movie ever. Discuss.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
...And now Nintendo is starting a partnership with Cygames (Granblue Fantasy, Shadowverse):

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/nintendo-and-cygames-announce-partnership-for-new-smartphone-action-rpg-dragalia-lost

Okay then

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Aiddon said:
...And now Nintendo is starting a partnership with Cygames (Granblue Fantasy, Shadowverse):

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/nintendo-and-cygames-announce-partnership-for-new-smartphone-action-rpg-dragalia-lost

Okay then
... so, is that good or bad?

All I know about either of those games (are they games?) mentioned is that the former seems to have a lot of waifus in it, or somesuch.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Avnger said:
Yoshi178 said:
Do you really not see the difference between the OP there and yours? I mean come on, mate. You can do better than that.
there is a Shenmue video link to click on.

OP claims he doesn't have to buy a dreamcast now.

ok? why should people care if he needs to buy a dreamcast or not?
the game is coming to PS4 and Xbox One now, is this good? is this bad?
Where is the incentive for discussion?

When you narrow it down, no there wasn't much difference between a thread like that and this thread, but of course that type of thread is only not ok when i'm the one that's made the thread.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
fix-the-spade said:
CaitSeith said:
*Snip*
you, i like you.

we have different interests and opinions but i like you. at least you get it unlike the rest of this place.