Mogworld pushed back?

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
I just recieved this email from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on June 03 2010 (Order#). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

Yahtzee Croshaw "Mogworld"
Estimated arrival date: August 26 2010 - September 08 2010

If you still want us to ship the delayed items when they do become available (though they may arrive later than expected) please visit this address to approve the delay:
(URL)
If you do not approve this delay by September 02 2010, we will cancel the item. However, if the item becomes available before that date, we will automatically ship it to you. If the option to approve a delay is not available from this link, that means there has been a change in your order and approval is no longer necessary.

Is the book being pushed back? I mean, a month late is a pretty big jump...

googleboy

Lost in Space
Jul 27, 2009
It looks like it. I just got a second one of these today saying it was pushed back until the middle of september.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
It's possible due to all the orders they can't ship that many at once. Just be patient good sir and you will have your novel.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
It's hard to imagine what could cause a book to be pushed back...

Did they not finish bug-testing in time or something?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Maybe its just Amazon.com, I've not got an email off .co.uk ..................yet

Eddikins

Jul 1, 2010
I remember Yahtzee tweeted something about it getting pushed back but the reason behind it wasnt a big deal.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Tharwen said:

Yeah...
They're checking the books for fleas.

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Tharwen said:

Maybe they found a book-breaking glitch, like the spine of the book burns out if you read for too long.

Or maybe... you know... they ran out of books to ship or something...

But thats so much less interesting!

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Eddikins said:
I remember Yahtzee tweeted something about it getting pushed back but the reason behind it wasnt a big deal.
I remember that too, but I wonder what exactly made him delay the books.

Jelekk

Oct 3, 2009
got an email today saying it wouldn't ship till sept 14th now. this is twice now the book has been delayed. this is some bunk ass shit.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I pre-ordered mine through Borders, and they haven't notified me of anything, but I wouldn't really care if they had. See, Mogworld is one of 13 novels I happen to have pre-ordered, as I've long since exhausted the extent volumes in my main genre and current series (either because the newer books haven't been written or haven't been translated), but I still get coupons. So I tend to pre-order everything these days, often more than a year before they are due to hit shelves. I end up with a handful of new releases each month like clockwork, so I'm not exactly hurting for things to read.

Besides, I didn't actually have a handle on when it was supposed to be released in the first place, so it's hard to be disappointed if you had no preexisting expectations. It'll come out when it comes out, and I'll read it and enjoy it if the preview I read is any indication.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
Like people have mentioned, Yahtzee tweeted something about this fairly recently.

Mogworld's release is getting pushed back a little bit to early September. Nothing to fret about, just a technical issue, book's still good.
No reason behind it though.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
It's not that long of a delay, I'm sure we'll all live through it.

PMonk

Sep 15, 2010
email received today
Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on June 06 2010 (Order#). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

Estimated arrival date: October 06 2010 - October 12 2010

If you still want us to ship the delayed items when they do become available (though they may arrive later than expected) please visit this address to approve the delay:

freeleeday

May 24, 2010
PMonk said:
email received today
Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on June 06 2010 (Order#). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

I just got the same e-mail.

PMonk

Sep 15, 2010
freeleeday said:
PMonk said:
email received today
Hello from Amazon.com.

well out of nowhere amazon decided to ship it
just got it in the mail today : )

freeleeday

May 24, 2010
PMonk said:
freeleeday said:
PMonk said:
email received today
Hello from Amazon.com.

Yeah, I just got mine too.

PMonk

Sep 15, 2010
freeleeday said:
PMonk said:
freeleeday said:
PMonk said:
email received today
Hello from Amazon.com.

Yeah, I just got mine too.
but behold .. I got sent a second one ...