Mojang Considering Minecraft TV Show

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Crono1973 said:
This is what gets business' into trouble. Remember how Nintendo thought it was a good idea to have cartoons for Mario and Zelda?
Hey I remember the Mario cartoons being great ^^.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Maybe if it were filmed entirely with in-game footage. And then they can update it every week so we can play with the cool new blocks from last weeks episode. That could work.

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
Akisa said:
Crono1973 said:
This is what gets business' into trouble. Remember how Nintendo thought it was a good idea to have cartoons for Mario and Zelda?
Fair enough but what about the Zelda cartoons?

Perhaps you remember this famous line "Well excuuuuuse me Princess!"

Alluos

Nov 7, 2010
A cartoon could be pretty cool, the blocky visuals in animated form would be interesting. If they kept them anyway, I can't see how ditching them would be very successful.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Hey, pretty soon there will be Minecraft fruit snacks to compete with the Angry Birds fruit snacks.

This is getting out of hand...

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
I think Minecraft is done. It has enjoyed success but I would bet that most people have moved on. The 360 release will re-ignite interest for a short time and then it too will die out. I hope Notch has a plan to keep Mojang in business (beyond a TV show).

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Crono1973 said:
Akisa said:
Crono1973 said:
Fair enough but what about the Zelda cartoons?

Perhaps you remember this famous line "Well excuuuuuse me Princess!"
Well excuuuuuuse me, I never said anything about Zelda ;p...

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
This is why we can't have nice things.

We get one good indie release, and it gets beaten to death with over saturation.

I won't get into an argument over if its good or not, but a TV show? Milk your fanbase a little more, why don't you? Its a game where you hit stuff and build stuff. Most people don't even call it a 'game' as much as a 'lego sim'.

That fact that it got a 2 day Convention was madness. Now a TELEVISION show? Are they batshit crazy? Keep this stuff on the Internet, where YouTube can take care of it. Leave the mindrotting to the people who do it best.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
I know, they could make a series about a dwarf and a stranded space explorer who team up with a retired knight and an inept wizard to stop an ancient evil that turns everything into sand ... wait, what? Aw, crap. Beaten to the punch again.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
I would watch a cartoon about people living in a Minecraft world. The idea has some potential, and the number of adorable block-animated things that could be done would make it well worth watching.

Ok, I mainly just want to see a Minecraft reboot of ReBoot. IS THAT SO WRONG!?