Molyneux Wants to Help Rare Find Itself

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
What Rare will say after Molyneux "helps" them.

"The next Banjo-Kazooie will allow you to create spaceships, and cure cancer, and make a good game out of a bad one! You'll be glad you got hyped for no reason over this!"
Somebody seems a little bitter over Fable 2.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Hah! Everyone talks like Banjo, Jet Force Gemini, GoldenEye and Killer Instinct are their old franchises. Does no-one remember Ultimate? Knight Lore and Sabre Wulf!

Rare is a bit... schizophrenic. The "realistic" GoldenEye, the cartoony Banjo, the adult-cartoon Conker... not to mention sticking annoying vehicles into Banjo 3. They have identity, sure, but they lack any sort of firm classics or a real grounding in any one genre they do well.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
TexaNigerian said:
Maybe Rare can return the favor and help Lion Head Studios find itself someday?
Still, a 'Conker's Bad Fur Day' styled game with the ability to choose between good and evil, pure and impure, male and female could be a hoot.
"What? I don't have to urinate on this guy to proceed? How marvelous."
definitely agreed on a new Conkers Bad Fur game.

I think the move is what wrecked Rare to begin with. They moved to a console that didn't have a huge user base on cartoon-like games, and were more bent towards realism and graphics. Not to say Rare can't do those things, (see perfect dark and goldeneye), but they did the cartoon games so incredibly on the nintendo that they should stick to it. I personally would love to see a new Blast Corps, or a better next gen version of perfect dark.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I'll give you some help Peter...

Rare is the old toy in the back of Microsoft's closet after it was bought for way too much from a second-hand store after it had seen better days, then played with too roughly before MS got bored with it and tossed it aside. You can see some glimmering spots on its scuffed exterior, but fixing this old toy will cost more than it's worth.

skcseth

May 25, 2009
I'd love to see another game from Rare that's not about candy-filled ponies.

Let's see some more Goldeneye/Kameo/Conker!!

I hope Molyneux actually helps.. do.. something. Wait, "find itself"? Really?? Eh.

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
I always thought that Rare had a lot of identity and character. It's because of that they're one of my three favorite video game companies.

And on another note, I like their secretiveness because then no one complains that they made too many bold promises. I do see what Molyneux is talking about, though.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
joystickjunki3 said:
I always thought that Rare had a lot of identity and character. It's because of that they're one of my three favorite video game companies.

And on another note, I like their secretiveness because then no one complains that they made too many bold promises. I do see what Molyneux is talking about, though.
Rare talks too little, and Molyneux talks too much. Hmm... This is either going to be Reeses peanut-butter cups or Aliens Vs Predator.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
If Peters good at one thing, it's creating hype. Rare hasn't been able to do this effectively for quite sometime now, they've got the right prick for the job.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
NO! Molyneux you shut up, just shut your mouth!

All, Rare have to do is re-release the original Conkers: Bad Fur Day (with some things added and nothing taken away this time) and boom... there is your money and fame.

So, are Rare actually getting ideas off this board because I want them to do this.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
This self-righteous asshole wants to help Rare find itself? Thats like Bungie saying it wants to help HAL Labs find personality.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
MrBrightside919 said:
If RARE wants to "find itself", they really need to add Killer Instinct to their games that need to be remade list. Heck, they did it with Banjo and Perfect Dark, why not KI?
Did you play those games? They were by no means terrible from a critical standpoint, but they couldn't possibly live up to the standards of the originals. KI3 will probably be more disappointing if Molyneux makes them hype their games to high heaven and whatnot. I personally would rather not see KI3 at all if it stands to disappoint.

Nurb said:
I'll give you some help Peter...

Rare is the old toy in the back of Microsoft's closet after it was bought for way too much from a second-hand store after it had seen better days, then played with too roughly before MS got bored with it and tossed it aside. You can see some glimmering spots on its scuffed exterior, but fixing this old toy will cost more than it's worth.
Exactly. I'm not trying to say Rare is a bad dev team, but after Doak and key people left, they are a shell of their former selves. They have kind of shown that they shouldn't revive past successes, especially if they aren't up to the task (which is why I don't think KI3 should come to light). Molyneux should get them working on some original IPs instead, I mean they showed that they are capable with things like Viva Pinata.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Twycross, Leicestershire, UK

There you go Peter. Shut up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_(company)

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Moly has great vision, this is true.

He cannot deliver a real game, however, because hes so stuck on vision the game ends up generally unplayable. Fable was supposed to be the bees knees, and I hated that damn silly game. The only good part about black and white was throwing people into the ocean. At least dungeon master spawned evil genius.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Molyneux I swear to the unholy lord of all things evil Cathulu that if you even touch the Banjo Kazooie franchise I will personally hunt you down kidnap you, and every day torture you to within an inch of your life and then whisper into your ear "Your health seems to be low, try drinking a health potion."

When I finally end your suffering I'll brand the Fable logo into your Forehead and dump your beaten and broken body at Bill Gate's front door with a sign attached to your chest that reads "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." */foam at mouth*

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Get your dirty hands of Rare!

Having so much talent wasted is a shame, the future of Rare developing Natal titles seems bleak to say the least, but with his grubby hands on them we might aswell abandon all hope.