Moments during lessons in school where you though to yourself, "You know what, I can't be arsed"

wakeup

Aug 26, 2012
Paradox SuXcess said:
wakeup said:
Paradox SuXcess said:
wakeup said:
Paradox SuXcess said:
thaluikhain said:
Paradox SuXcess said:
thaluikhain said:
Paradox SuXcess said:
That's why I said often portrayed. It's not 100% true I get it but its good to mind fuck someone who bullies you for years and that was my first instant come back.

So I guess now I am labeled a homophobe? I said something 8 years ago that I had no idea what the full context of it was apart from what was said back then. I used it to point out something but now I am a labeled a homophobe because of it? Thank you, it weren't my even my intent but to show him that it weren't right that he was bullying people because of who they are.
Except i didn't call you a homophobe even once, im sure your a decent guy. what you said was homophobic but that doesn't mean you are a homophobe otherwise everyone would be one. I was just letting you know that what you said was wrong and could be seen as offensive if anyone overheard you out of context. To relate this to the topic i had a teacher who often said homophobic things, lucky it wasn't a subject a wanted to continue studying otherwise i would of done something about it
I apologise and yes you are right the comment was a bad comment to use a comment that is still bad. I know you never called me a homophobe and things on my part got too heated and I apologise. If I did offend anyone back then, then I will hold my hand up and say sorry and admit my mistake.

Someone apologised over the internet, the internet will now implode. I am kidding.
the fact you apologized makes you better than all homophobes and most people on the internet :) I guess im sorry for being overly sensitive. i feel like we're about to hug but seeing as i cant say 'no homo' lets not ;) It is safe to say that school sucks though. When i did games development at college it was much better than school although there were a lot of real homophobic guys in my class.

Draken Steel

May 15, 2009
I quit putting in much effort in 9th grade. Our math teacher was self-described as incredibly lazy, and had students grade their own homework, then he would call out names and people would tell him what they got. After 2 weeks of everyone around me claiming random numbers when they hadnt even done it, I stopped bothering myself, which quickly turned into not doing homework or studying for anything.

Then senior year, I got bad depressed and pretty much quit everything. Strait As first 9 weeks (semesters are what matter, but they sent report cards every 9 weeks), and then everything plummeted after. Slept through every class, and just coasted. Failed most of the classes I didnt need, did just enough to get the minimum credits to graduate. Still feel kinda bad about a networking class hosted by a nearby college, I liked the teacher and my poor performance may have reflected badly on him, but....idk, just could not give a damn.

That said, unlike many posts here, most of my teachers were reasonably competent (some notable exceptions), and the overall student body was fine. Bit preachy, and a handful of redneck douche-bags (I remember a very notable rant from a student in 11th grade, in a class with an openly lesbian student, on how all homos should be hanged), but most of the preppy/cool kids were very friendly.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Gymnasium (School - look it up on wikipedia can't be arsed to explain)

I was on physics class and doing a speech about nuclear power: it contained topics: Nuclear power explained, nuclear safety, nuclear crisis of the past, new technology, Olkiluoto and it's agricultural uses, new olkiluoto reactor and it's construction stadards.
Now I did this with a partner who didn't want to speak because he knew what the class reaction would be. I didn't want to fail and carried his ass along anyway.
I got full 75 minutes (The whole class) reserved for this speech. It lasted roughly 5 minutes.

I finished my introduction to the topics and then the "Green party" of the school - quite literally, they even held political rallies for the green party - started to realized I was speaking in positive tone about nuclear power.
THEY YELLED AND BOO'ED OUT OF THE CLASS And one of them even said that "Don't we all know that acid rains are because of fumes that come from nuclear waste". Calling me a "environment hating capitalistic bastard" "Fucking capitalistic asshole" (Yes that is what they called me for the next 2 years that it took for us to graduate) The old teacher couldn't get the class back on track.
(Ironically the same people had spoken at Finnish class about: "acceptance of opinions and ideas" - their title translated)
So... I raised my voice a bit (I have really powerful, strong and loud voice to begin with - it was heard to the other classrooms and one of the teachers even come to see what the commotion was about from other side of the hall.)
Told them that "I was given this assignment, told to cover all both sides of the topic" - they would know I spoke of the negatives also if they would have listened) and "I had the right to hold this speech".
I got so pissed off that I threw the papers towards the "Green party" and yelled (This time I yeld) "THEN READ IT YOURSELF" (censored and translated)
I stormed out of the class, furious, so angry that even the headmaster who was on the hallway (who was my class group's supervisory teacher) didn't dare stop me storming out of the school. (They don't take kindly students just skipping classes because of no good reason)
I walked home (Because I like to walk when I am angry) around 4.5kilometers took about 40mins because of the ferry being slow.
I gave the papers to the teacher the next day. And asked if I could complete the course by myself without being in class (It is possible you just need to do more work) because I didn't want to spend any time with those people or repeat the whole course.

It wasn't the reaction or the hate that I was given that day that made me just give up and "Fuck this shit" about the people in the school. It was what they said, particularly this bit that is engraved to my mind as horrible echo till the day I die:
"Don't we all know that acid rains are because of fumes that come from nuclear waste"
I thought that I had entered the well educated, academic circles, just one step below univeristy and my change to get there. But I realized and started to see how stupid, ignorant and opinionated majority of the school was. You share their exact agenda and opinion our get outcasted from the whole school community.

After that I withdrew myself to my own presence. Spent every break alone, ate alone, avoided the nearby bus-stops and walked home to avoid seeing any of them. I even did my Music and Art's (Classical music and theater) specialization alone. I did a 35mins long spoken drama alone, I played 3 characters - only because I didn't want to let anyone in to it - I hated my school's community so much. (Which led to because teachers had calculated that there would be enough played for every Drama (acting) student to do their final work on. But there wasn't... 4 students (2 of who were from green party) couldn't complete their degrees and had to spend another year doing it)

After that I realized why I hate people so much and why they hate me.
I am still bitter about that day.

Mersadeon

Jun 8, 2010
This happened a lot. I remember being in a "Darstellen & Gestalten" class - which was a mix of Art and Drama Club, except it counts as one of your main classes so you're screwed if your grades are bad.
I came into that class because I really like acting and my role model at the time was an Art and German teacher. However, I was the only boy there, and I was one of the nerdier types. So it didn't go very well. This is especially bad since when it comes to acting, you have to do a lot of silly shit - they could always mock me, but since they outnumbered me 26 to 1 THEIR definition of what was acceptable was always right. Didn't help they had the teacher on their side.

So no matter what I did, it was never valued. You kinda give up in that kind of environment. I think the straw that broke the camels back here was some art show at our school where we were supposed to sit in a room for a few hours and read peoples fortune (?) - it was never quite defined what we had to do. Since I really, really didn't want to go (and said so several times) I just didn't. I told them I had other responsibilities at the show, that I had to take pictures for another club I was in. They actually lowered my grade for that, even though the art show was supposedly optional and voluntary.

This kind of shit happened every single time. If I did what they wanted, it wasn't good enough and was mocked. If I didn't, I got my grade lowered by my sadistic teacher.

The only kind of humanity I got from any of these people was at our final act - we were performing a play (which I had written half of, without getting much credit for it) and behind the scenes, about 30 seconds before my next part came up, a girl that had always mocked me said how nervous she was. I made a joke. She said "wow, I never knew you were funny" - and that was it. In that moment, you could see in her FACE that she knew how awful she had been. I don't think she had ever thought of me as a human being.

From that day on, for the last weeks, she was actually nice to me.

May 29, 2011
I've mostly had a pleasant experience in school. The only really notable thing is that my high school Swedish teacher was a completely unpleasant twat who apparently thought he could be a Swedish teacher for IB students and not do the lessons in either Swedish or English.

The most pointless bullshit in the Finnish education system is really forced swedish. It might make a tiny sliver of logical sense if they didn't start English education for swedish and finnish speaking students 4 years before forced swedish, completely invalidating any point.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
For about a year, I'd spent a year in japan with my sister.

Any question about Japan, "You'd know this."

NO. I DO NOT KNOW THE DAMN EMPORERS OF JAPAN, I KNOW AT LEAST ONE WAS ASIAN

*ahem* ...Can't even spell the word.

I also gave up on maths somewhere along the line. And I'm awful at it. And French. Screw French. Especially when 500 million people speak Spanish, and I couldn't take that up until 3rd year, and the course sucked.