Moments in gaming that made you say "damn I feel good"

MintberryCrunch

Aug 20, 2011
rob_simple said:
This experience is of course balanced by that of failing miserably at a ridiculously complex sections of chords I could easily play on a real guitar in songs like Before I Forget.
You know what that is in the actual song? Freaking single notes. Not that REDORANGEBLUEYELLOWGREENRED NOW MOVE YOUR FINGERS AT 600 MPH GREENREDYELLOWREDBLUEORANGE bullshit..

OT: I feel really awesome all the time. Because I'm me.

Also when I completely wipe out the enemy on any RTS. Just watching the army I've built up over hours wash over the AI defence just makes my day.

Evilpigeon

Feb 24, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Dorano said:
The Wykydtron said:
FYI Irelia's 2 second slow becomes a 2 second stun if she's on lower health than you. Lolz. That is why I offically despise all people who build Irelia with Warmogs. Why? Just... Why? Why would you do that to yourself?!
Lower PERCENTAGE of health. Warmog's makes her a house because she can take so much punishment. As long as your bar is less full than theirs you get a stun.
OT: Getting any kind of multi-kill on League of Legends makes me feel like a bad-ass. Wiping out 3+ people as Xerath gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Yes I get that but I don't often see people with Warmogs and other similar tanky items ever get below half health? Especially when you need the stun during a teamfight and you can't get it because nobody with half a brain is going to focus anybody that tanky. More health still means it's harder to get lower. Even in percentage, than anyone else.

I build Irelia with health regen/armour/magic resist (with a Trinity Force on the side) with above average health.

[sub] To be fair, i'm just following a build I found, it works so whatever XD[/sub]

Just no Warmogs for the love of god. I can honestly say that the few Irelias i've seen with Warmogs have ever gotten the stun when it would be useful, I see it as crippling the theme of the character at best.

Xerath laser multi kill? Try No-Scope Lux. Busting up those recalling and tower hugging nooblords all day. Not to mention you can fire it into their entire team and watch their health just die horribly. Makes that close teamfight waiting to happen into a 5 for 0 exchange with a side order of ownage.
Given how much dps irelia has inherently in her kit, if she isn't dying then she's doing a lot. It's not like she's alistar who's forgettable outside of her CC. That said, triforce is a better core item on her as it gives her everything she could need apart from resists and it's pretty much the most gold efficient item in the game.

On a LoL note: Ashe's ECA has to be the most satisfying ability in history, I've used it to steal every single jungle camp on the map, including dragon and baron, I've turned so many tower dives around with shots out of nowehere and won so many games pegging the enemy carry with an arrow threaded through 4 other players, there just isn't a skill that's more satisfying to use correctly.

People still flame me for each and every miss though, it's like hitting 90% of the time is bad.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Pacifist Runs.

Oh yeeaaaaaaaaah. Six KOs no fatalities in Mirror's Edge, I'm full of win.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Defeating the entire Quarry Junction deathclaw without using hacks, glitches or cheats. On hardcore mode. When I did that, and got the deathclaw eggs I was like "I'm so fucking brilliant"

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Evilpigeon said:
The Wykydtron said:
Dorano said:
The Wykydtron said:
FYI Irelia's 2 second slow becomes a 2 second stun if she's on lower health than you. Lolz. That is why I offically despise all people who build Irelia with Warmogs. Why? Just... Why? Why would you do that to yourself?!
Lower PERCENTAGE of health. Warmog's makes her a house because she can take so much punishment. As long as your bar is less full than theirs you get a stun.
OT: Getting any kind of multi-kill on League of Legends makes me feel like a bad-ass. Wiping out 3+ people as Xerath gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Yes I get that but I don't often see people with Warmogs and other similar tanky items ever get below half health? Especially when you need the stun during a teamfight and you can't get it because nobody with half a brain is going to focus anybody that tanky. More health still means it's harder to get lower. Even in percentage, than anyone else.

I build Irelia with health regen/armour/magic resist (with a Trinity Force on the side) with above average health.

[sub] To be fair, i'm just following a build I found, it works so whatever XD[/sub]

Just no Warmogs for the love of god. I can honestly say that the few Irelias i've seen with Warmogs have ever gotten the stun when it would be useful, I see it as crippling the theme of the character at best.

Xerath laser multi kill? Try No-Scope Lux. Busting up those recalling and tower hugging nooblords all day. Not to mention you can fire it into their entire team and watch their health just die horribly. Makes that close teamfight waiting to happen into a 5 for 0 exchange with a side order of ownage.
Given how much dps irelia has inherently in her kit, if she isn't dying then she's doing a lot. It's not like she's alistar who's forgettable outside of her CC. That said, triforce is a better core item on her as it gives her everything she could need apart from resists and it's pretty much the most gold efficient item in the game.

On a LoL note: Ashe's ECA has to be the most satisfying ability in history, I've used it to steal every single jungle camp on the map, including dragon and baron, I've turned so many tower dives around with shots out of nowehere and won so many games pegging the enemy carry with an arrow threaded through 4 other players, there just isn't a skill that's more satisfying to use correctly.

People still flame me for each and every miss though, it's like hitting 90% of the time is bad.
Oh yeah people going "OMG Blitzcrank how dare you miss that grab, that would have been the sickest double kill!" happens to basically any Champion who has a skillshot. It so damn annoying
At least with say Katarina you can go "welp, he was out of Shunpo range. What can you do?"

I swear I can hit running targets easy even lead the target and shiz (more with Luz cuz her binding is super fast yo!) But if they're coming at you from a specific sort of horizontal angle my depth perception dies and I fire it behind them or something

Oh, oh speaking of satisfying stuff in LoL just today in a public Normal game 3 of the team were arguing about who was going to go mid (between Swain, Ahri and Anivia) so I suggest we go full team mid for teh lulz. 4 (Swain was the bait) of us piled into the bush next to mid, waited for the minions to get there then jumped and instakilled their Nidalee (who was mid cuz this is Normal) then we just killed mid tower before the 3:30 mark. Lulz.

Basically not having a Jungle in the game can fuck it up in the weirdest ways...

Now if you'll excuse me I feel like practising my Solo Mid Katarina XD

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
battlefield bad company 2, in short I killed the entire enemy team in less them 1min(edit: might have been less then 30sec actually) using a knife, revolver, grenade, rocket launcher and submachine gun.

Magicka, beating the entire game single player.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I had a throbbing erection the entire time I was playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. So, there's that.

denseWorm said:
I had heard horror stories about the Human Revolution bosses, and when I came up against a boss in [the first guy] who was killing me in three seconds (i was playing 'give me deus ex' difficulty) I gave up after fifteen minutes and started considering the idea that this game was just not meant for me.

But I came back the next day and spent an hour saving after every small victory - every few rounds shot off, every pillar dived behind in time - and sure enough after about an hour and a half of loading i managed to get it done. Luckily later fights were a bit easier, I'm quite glad the final fight was insanely easy - it was refreshing.
Throw a gas canister at him, then an explosive barrel, then a gas canister, then an explosive barrel, then done. Piece o' Piss. Rubbish, but easy. (And certainly not enough to counter my erection.)

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Every time I kill some twat with a shit, faux-macho gamertag.

"ThisIsTheFish infected/killed/assassinated spartansn1per117"

oooooooooooooooo yeaah

And winning my world cup campaign on Fifa World Cup 2010 with France on Professional (considering I'm not very good) after
-Losing 3-2 to Macedonia in the qualifiers (I beat them 8-1 in the next game though, hahaha)
-Then losing to Germany 3-0 in Paris
-Having to rely on Germany not beating Malta to automatically qualify (somehow happened)
-Losing to Costa Rica in the group stage (3-1 or something (somehow managed to get my goalkeeper sent off in the match before too. He wasn't even in my control.))
-Beating the USA on penalties
-Coming back from 2-1 down to beat Uruguay 3-2
-Somehow beating Brazil after a barrage in the second half (still don't know how they didn't score in that time), til I finally got a counterattack in the 85th minute to make it 2-0. They then scored immediately afterwards after all when I let my guard down. Most tense minute of gaming in my life followed.
-Finally scoring against Argentina in extra time in the final

Never thought I'd actually win it considering my skill and those defeats

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Most of my favourite moments come from multiplayer games. They just have a tendency to create more unexpected moments that you remember for years.

I love it when in battlefield when I come from nowhere to start playing the hero, taking points singlehandedly, rushing in and reviving a good few people who prove to be helpful, and particularly turning up in a tank to back up a squad under seige, which always reminds me of that bit in the dawn of war intro when the dreadnought turns up kicking all kinds of ass. It also makes me think how amazing a battlefield style warhammer 40K game would be...

Also, halo reach is undoubtedly my best multiplayer game, because sometimes on that, I can go into complete badass-mode, killing people effortlessly and avoiding death for ages.

Minecraft can have awesome moments when you look back at something massive you created, especially if you did it all by yourself.

krugerrand123

Apr 6, 2010
When I united the geth and quarians in mass effect 3 and also getting every star in super Mario galaxy two.

Geekiest

Jan 21, 2011
One of my great satisfying moments in gaming would have to be tooling Loghain in the Landsmeet at the end of Dragon Age: Origins. You don't often get to out-talk the villain in video-games.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Getting crits with flare gun on burning players on TF2 makes me all tingly inside.

Oh and completing a level in super meatboy after hours of trying.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
A couple of Mass Effect ones spring to mind:

A perfect suicide run on ME2, didn't lose a squad mate.

Ending the 300 year war between the Quarian and Geth with the words "keelah se'lai".

Shepard's date with her Love interest, Garrus, on the Citidel.....

Ok off to play Mass Effect again!

StylinBones

Mar 3, 2012
Gears 3 headshots with Longshot, Torque Bow, and Boomshot. All equally awesome in diff ways.

Deus Ex: HR, headshots with the silenced pistol & laser sight feel good.

Also, DMC 1 juggling of a marionette with ebony & ivory. love that.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Getting past the the first boss on Dark Souls for the first time was such a magnificent feeling of accomplishment.