Monday Night Combat is Fucking Awesome

Deviltongue

Feb 2, 2008
Okay so I just got Monday Night Combat from XBLA and I'm loving it. The cartoony TF2-eskque style, the cool classes, the fact that bacon makes you super-human. All of it. I'm curious who else on the Escapist got it, what they think of it and what their Gamertags are so we can play together. Ready? GO!

EDIT: Alright, let's change shit up a little. If you have Monday Night Combat, Post your Gamertag so that other people can add you and play with you.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
I also thought it was pretty awesome when I played the trial... however none of my friends like it because it doesnt have Team Deathmatch. :(

buddee1

Jan 11, 2009
I saw a few of my friends playing that online but when I looked it up it was $15 so is it really worth it? or should I buy limbo.

Deviltongue

Feb 2, 2008
Kinguendo said:
I also thought it was pretty awesome when I played the trial... however none of my friends like it because it doesnt have Team Deathmatch. :(
Tell them that it's got crossfire which is like a cross between Team Deathmatch and Warfare (From UT3). Also that they suck.

migo

Jun 27, 2010
It does look cool, but I'm not buying a Gold subscription to play it. No game, no matter how good it is, is worth a subscription fee.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Deviltongue said:
Kinguendo said:
Tell them that it's got crossfire which is like a cross between Team Deathmatch and Warfare (From UT3). Also that they suck.
They played the trial too, they just didnt like it.

Captainguy42

Is trapped in a title factory.
May 20, 2009
Honestly my favorite thing about it so far isn't the the gameplay (which is fun and kinetic don't get me wrong). But the little bits of story that peak through here and there, like how the announcer talkes about a "President for Life", "Government issue food-tubes", and designated fan brawling areas. All of it giving you a view of a culture so completely obbsessed with this sport, as a means of escaping they're own opressive lives.

Icingdeath

Aug 21, 2009
I've actually been meaning to get some MS points for this. Plan on trying the trial tomorrow to see if its worth it.

Also, is it significantly different than Team Fortress 2? Wasn't really a fan of that game.

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
Deviltongue said:
Okay so I just got Monday Night Combat from XBLA and I'm loving it. The cartoony TF2-eskque style, the cool classes, the fact that bacon makes you super-human.
Hmmm. Never heard of it. But I am now going to go check it out. Props to you for informing me of something new.

Lukeydoodly

Sep 9, 2008
buddee1 said:
I saw a few of my friends playing that online but when I looked it up it was $15 so is it really worth it? or should I buy limbo.
You have to ask that question? Get Monday Night Combat you fool! It's fucking AWESOME.

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
Kinguendo said:
Agreed. It needs more game modes, other than that it is a very awesome game. Very glad I picked it up.

Icingdeath said:
I've actually been meaning to get some MS points for this. Plan on trying the trial tomorrow to see if its worth it.

Also, is it significantly different than Team Fortress 2? Wasn't really a fan of that game.
Yes it is - In Monday Night Combat you have power ups and the aim of the game is to lead your robots to their base, while defending yours. Also MNC is in 3rd person, while TF2 is in 1st person. The classes are different and MNC has a much different upgrade/custom class system.

Ironic Pirate said:
Deviltongue said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Is it on PS3? Probably not, as I've never heard of it...
Nope, Just XBLA for now...
Damn it, same thing happened with Blacklight...
Monday Night Combat is currently planned to be Xbox only. I don't even think there's a PC version in the works, let alone a PS3 version.

Deviltongue

Feb 2, 2008
Alright, let's change shit up a little. If you have Monday Night Combat, Post your Gamertag so that other people can add you and play with you. I'll start: Deviltongue

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I was enjoying the shit out of it...Then this Lara Croft game came out, and made me not play anything else.

GT in profile.