Money troubles in skyrim

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
I haven't bought a single arrow and i'm sitting on well over a thousand of them. Mobs drop loads and loads of them. Granted i'm not an archery focused character, i really only use my bow to fight dragons. But still.

They key to making decent amounts of money in elder scrolls without theft/murder is inventory management. Drgaon bones, uninchanted weapons/armor, food, etc. are very value inefficient things to carry around. Since your likely to get weight capped with every dungeon you do its importnant that your hanging on to the stuff that gives you the most value per weight. Potions, jewlery, and scrolls are your best friends.

Flory Toto

May 8, 2012
If you want to make money, find something with the banish enchantment and reverse engineer that sucker at the nearest enchanters table. Enchant every weapon better than steel you come across with it that you don't want to keep yourself. Even if you use a petty soul gem, that weapon really bumped up in value. I'm lucky if I can sell more than a couple to the merchant before their gold is gone. Also fortify carry (or one-hand or two-hand if you can't find it ) for armor or jewelry.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
^ this, so much this. It's just four steps to more gold than you know what to do with:
1. Find weapons with the Banish enchant (send daedra back to oblivion)
2. Disenchant one.
3. Buy iron daggers (or just use whatever you have lying around) and filled petty soul gems (or buy empties and fill them yourself, but that's a bit slower)
4. Profit!

You will however need to be something like level 28 IIRC to start finding banish-enchanted weapons. In the meantime, you can go to alchemy shops, buy up their stock, and make potions and sell them back. You can also make jewelry, if you are or want to be a smith.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
I am not playing an archer(But I buy other expensive stuff, like ebony ingots all the time)
However I have 100.000 Gold at the moment. How? Just from exploring dungeons and selling loot. Especially the magic items help out in this case.

Really, I can't see how anyone could have gold problems in Skyrim. It's so easy to get it's ridiculous.
Anyway, kill Draugr, Bandits, Falmer and Imperials/Stormcloaks for arrows.