Monkey Island Creator Wants to See "Meatier" Downloadable Games

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I'd actually love to see this but...its just getting developers to want to take that leap.

A nice idea though, and, in a way I would hope a concept that might catch on

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
Deathspank is actually so packed full it meets the maximum size constraints for games over XBLA (1GB). No other XBLA title has hit that limiter yet including Shadow Complex or Tango Down. While I'll grant that Deathspank is frankly awesome and is an improvement in concept and art from both Torchlight and the Diablo format it's not the only reason big devs should be looking to XBLA. Twisted Piexel is making some amazing headway with it's 3 fantastic DLG's (downloadable games). Chair's Shadow Complex is nothing to scoff at and the Summer of Arcade titles released in the past and soon to be, are nearly all amazinging new IPs.

Bottom line; If you're not looking at DLGs because you think cheap quality shovelware get that out of your head. Downloadable games have been making extreme headway in the past 3 years pushing technological boundaries and innovating some of the most astounding game IPs in generations. Plus you can often get 3-4 games for the price of 1 disk game.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
This is one of the reasons I like Live Arcade / PSN; it encourages developers to forget about graphics and just focus on gameplay/story.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
oranger said:
DLC is short for "DownLoadable Content", IE games and content you download, y'know, for money?
I refuse to support it simply because there are no actual quality controls beyond the reviews made by the first handful of suckers to buy the thing.
And by "quality controls" I mean limitations (physical disc, vendor and shelf standards), which creates in part a standard.
Standards aren't always good, sure, but without them you get drek like dragon age.
You're taking the term "DLC" a little too literally. Yes, DLC is "Content" that you "DownLoad", but the term specifically refers to add-ons to games, not a full package. When a full game is available for download, it's referred to as Digital Distribution, or DD. So you can feel free to still not like DD if that's your prerogative, but at least know the difference between DLC and games available via DD.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
The demo was super fun; I'm buying it based on the sheer fun I had from it alone. Anyone, if you can, download the demo, let it sell you. This game ROCKS!