Monster Energy drink is the work of Satan...Apparently

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
well to be fair if I HAD to choose a beverage and declare it the work of Satan it would probably be Monster

it tastes like melted popsicle mixed with melted Fairy Floss (cotton candy) and is full of shit that's really bad for you

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
well that's flawless logic... I was being sarcastic, she is a nut job.

If one looks very hard at all the smallest deals of an object, song, etc while try to find a aspect such as a connection to Satan, they will perceive it. In other words, in that mind frame when try to looking for pattern that connects small details together into a particular pattern, ones mind will find said pattern even when it does not exist.

yay I may know basic psychology, which kinda useful in life.

small

Aug 5, 2014
great demonstration of the human need to find patterns where there are none to fit a preconceived world view.

what she failing to see is that its marketing purely designed to appeal to young males and to appear edgy and rebellious, if they thought it would increase sales they would be stamping the boxes with "the satanic drink your religious parents and neighbours will hate it!"

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Wait, did they played the new Devil May Cry and get this idea?
You know what I am talking about if you played the game.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Thanks for sharing this.

small said:
great demonstration of the human need to find patterns where there are none to fit a preconceived world view.
Rock and Roll is the devil...
Video Games are the devil...

Now it must be the Monster Energy Drink! Damn, Satan's gonna have to find a new method of getting the devil into our homes cause he's been caught again!

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
She can tell its not a Christian company because they have "MILF" on the box. I can tell shes not a real Christian because she thinks the inverted cross is witchcraft. "Bottoms up, and St. Peter laughs."

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
cthulhuspawn82 said:
She can tell its not a Christian company because they have "MILF" on the box. I can tell shes not a real Christian because she thinks the inverted cross is witchcraft. "Bottoms up, and St. Peter laughs."
Oh no, she's a real Christian, most certainly. The amount of insane bullshit that the various denominations will spout out is totally in character for their belief system.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Happyninja42 said:
cthulhuspawn82 said:
Oh no, she's a real Christian, most certainly. The amount of insane bullshit that the various denominations will spout out is totally in character for their belief system.
---- O < his point

-_- < your head

St. Peter was crucified on an inverted cross because he didn't feel like he deserved to die in the same way as Jesus. Which is why the Pope has an inverted cross. This idiot woman doesn't know that, of course, because she associates it with whiny 14 year old emo children.

But lets bait Christians cuz it's fun.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
VanQ said:
Or a pop culture critic!
Shots fired!

Ahem.

This is a fun video. Really makes me want to park my rear in one of those pews, you know? Get right with the lord.

Reminds me of the Harry Potter lady. The fact that people like this exist fills me with an odd mixture of pride and shame.

Pride for our race's sheer diversity and ability to carry things way, way, way too far.

Shame for the obvious.

[small]I mean, look at her hair. It's dreadful. Her stylist should be ashamed.[/small]

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
QUICK someone show her a sunset overdrive ad I want to see what happens :3

also I always thought those were claw marks on the can and not a M
and finally I tried monster once when it first came out a rep gave it out free at my school it was so nasty tasting that I spat it out
I prefer BONK for all my energy needs

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Fox12 said:
Happyninja42 said:
cthulhuspawn82 said:
---- O < his point

-_- < your head

St. Peter was crucified on an inverted cross because he didn't feel like he deserved to die in the same way as Jesus. Which is why the Pope has an inverted cross. This idiot woman doesn't know that, of course, because she associates it with whiny 14 year old emo children.

Oh I got his point just fine thank you very much. My point was that saying she's not a real Christian because she made a stupid, insane comment is pretty par for the course for them, even if his comment was in jest.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
But, wasn't the upside down cross started by one of Jesus' apostles / Saint who didn't want to be crucified the same way as Jesus because he felt unworthy of that, so was crucified upside down?

This does make me want to get Monster merchandise though, so thanks crazy lady!

Wasted

Dec 19, 2013
VoidWanderer said:
But, wasn't the upside down cross started by one of Jesus' apostles / Saint who didn't want to be crucified the same way as Jesus because he felt unworthy of that, so was crucified upside down?

This does make me want to get Monster merchandise though, so thanks crazy lady!
Yes. In Roman Catholicism, the cross is regularly inverted to show humility to Jesus.

giles

Feb 1, 2009
Hawk of Battle said:
Isn't that "cross" she's reffering to, the representation of Phi, the golden ratio? You know, that mathematic unit that turns up ion art, geometry, mathematics, physics, nature, and is kind of a big deal.
First of all... mathematic unit? Really?
Secondly I struggle to think anything that relates physics with the golden ratio.

Biran53

Apr 21, 2013
Oh goddammit.

It's depressing to see something that WANTS to say an ultimately positive message ("hey, energy drinks CAN be kinda unhealthy") be completely lost in total nonsense. Why does this happen more than it should?

Because energy drinks CAN be kinda unhealthy. Don't go apeshit over them, but... just be careful with them. Especially kids.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Happyninja42 said:
Fox12 said:
Happyninja42 said:
cthulhuspawn82 said:
---- O < his point

-_- < your head

Oh I got his point just fine thank you very much. My point was that saying she's not a real Christian because she made a stupid, insane comment is pretty par for the course for them, even if his comment was in jest.
The point being that, if she were a real Christian with knowledge about her faith, then she would know more about the history of the inverted cross. Her information concerning her own religion is wrong. Hence, she's a Christian, but she's a very poor one.

As for Christians as a whole, most of them don't behave this way, or believe this nonsense. And that's coming from someone who lives in the bible thumping south.

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Holy shit, I thought those guys in line to the concert we're just fucking around. This is beyond ridiculous.