Monster Hunter X Announced For 3DS

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Monster Hunter X Announced For 3DS

Capcom has announced the latest installment of it's popular Monster Hunter franchise.

At this weekend's Monster Hunter [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/monster%20hunter?os=monster+hunter] Gathering 2015 event in Tokyo, Capcom unveiled the latest installment in it's monster hunting franchise. Monster Hunter X, the new title, will be a Nintendo 3DS exclusive and will launch for the system in Japan this winter.

Alongside the reveal, a first-look trailer was debuted, which you can check out to the right. Rather than being a fully-fledged sequel, Monster Hunter X will use Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate's engine and have a "flashy action style" similar to the Frontier [http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Frontier] series.

The video also showcases some of the new monsters you can expect to hunt, and shows us where the game will take place. From the looks of things, players will fight their way across several towns and villages from past Monster Hunter games.

[gallery=4212]

Nintendo is planning to hold a Monster Hunter specific Nintendo Direct soon, so we will have some more info on the title at that point.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/31/monster-hunter-x-announced-for-nintendo-3ds/]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
This is what ive been able to glean from the trailer.

The obvious:
New super attacks for all weapons.
5 new monsters.
Return to Kokoto, Pokke and Yumoko villages.

The stuff you may have missed:
Tonfas.
Forest and Hills, Snowy Mountains and Misty Peaks are back.

If i had to say, this is another expansion to MH4U, bringing back even more content that didnt make it from the earlier games while still bringing in new things.

Gotta wonder if theyre also bringing back underwater hunts... guess we will find out in time.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
This is announced just after I've bought MH4U. Well, I guess I have time to become a MH vet.

EvolutionKills

Jul 20, 2008
So, holiday 2015 for Japan?

Which would put their updated version, Monster Hunter XG (for G-rank), around holiday 2016.

Then the localized version of that, renamed Monster Hunter X Ultimate, sometime around spring 2017.

Well, okay then, back to kicking some Apex Seregios tail in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. Still, that T-Rex looking thing with the tail attacks looked like an absolute beast, and I'd bet that it's the flagship monster for the title.

Alrom

Jan 7, 2013
So, MHFrontier over the top attacks are coming to the 3DS.

At some point I was talking how I was happy that the game wasn't so much exaggerated and if you liked flashy combat you could just go and play frontier instead. Everyone is happy.

But for as much that I like monster hunter and for as much fun I had in frontier, I can't really say I enjoy the flashy combat that much.

And yet I'm still going to buy MHX...

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Why haven't they released THIS GAME FOR THE nn3ds again? Isn't this the exact type of game that could use the extra power and buttons. Just a thought, i don't particularly enjoy the series anyways.

Edit: The bit in caps.

Fyrana

May 24, 2014
Dominic Crossman said:
Why haven't they released the nn3ds again? Isn't this the exact type of game that could use the extra power and buttons. Just a thought, i don't particularly enjoy the series anyways.
The New Nintendo 3DS has been out for months...

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Coolio. I need to play more Monster Hunter 4.

Hell, I need to play more Monster Hunter 3 and Freedom Unite.

But more Monster Hunter is something I'm perfectly okay with.

I wonder if it will use the New3DS or not?

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
EvolutionKills said:
Still, that T-Rex looking thing with the tail attacks looked like an absolute beast, and I'd bet that it's the flagship monster for the title.
Actually there are 4 Flagship monsters, they're all in the trailer.

GaijinHunter's thoughts about MHX and the Event in Japan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feCO2w0PAAU

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
I wonder if it will use the New3DS or not?
Well i doubt Capcom is going to hit its multimillion sales mark in Japan by forcing everyone to upgrade to N3DS.

That said, if it was required, id probaby get one anyway.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
NOTHING can contain my excitement. Absolutely nothing. This looks amazing, and I can't wait. What a perfect birthday gift~

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wow, has there been 10 games already? I suppose it is when you count the released and the Ultimate versions.

I should realyl learn from my mistake and give up on the franchise (I lose interest playing it when I read higher rank and I am nowhere near effective when it come to remembering the monster tatics) or at least buy the game when it's on sales.

Also I'm glad to see Agnaktor in it, I missed in it 4 Ultimate for its armor.

Lastly I highly doubt they can top Gore Magala. That beast was truely menancing and frightful to fight against (and the only real "villain" in the series)!

Alma Mare

Nov 14, 2010
Jesus Hairy Christ, this series is all over the place as far as platforms go. I expect MH5 to be launched in the SNES and Sanyo microwaves, at this pace.

I have a Wii U, don't I get to play ANY new MH?

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I'm wondering why they didn't elaborate on Monster Hunter Stories though; while X is looking to be a deviation of the formula (greatly expanding fighting options), Stories is something drastically different. Still, looks like CAPCOM and Nintendo are gonna print money this year.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Jesus, I've barely touched MH4U as of yet. I guess for once I'm thankful that Capcom takes forever to release these outside of Japan.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Eh. Sorry. All of my "new mh game" hype is still reserved for Monster Hunter Stories.

This looks super cool too tho

List

Sep 29, 2013
is this japan only again? Capcom always treat gamers outside japan as second class citizens.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
List said:
is this japan only again? Capcom always treat gamers outside japan as second class citizens.
Wich japanese gaming developer doesnt?

With nintendo paying capcom off to keep their one remaining flagship title on nintendo consoles and no where else even japanese gamers are treated like suckers