Moon Director In Running to Take Over Wolverine Movie

Dak_N_Jaxter

Oct 23, 2009
Awesome.
Moon was a great movie, and if Jones does end up Directing it, it'll almost certainly turn out well.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
Dragonforce525 said:
Well it can't be much worse than Origins?

Right...?
Wait, what? That movie was pretty awesome.
If I were standing in front of you, good sir, I would throw a chocolate cream pie in your face. The kind WITHOUT strawberries. That way you'll know I mean business.

If this movie was directed by a deaf monkey, it would STILL be hard pressed to be worse than Origins.

Origins was just... it was just... *shivers* ...somebody hold me! *sobs*

Kevin Dunn

Apr 10, 2011
It would be intresting to see what he does with the character. It cant be as bad as Origins tho still one of the worst films i've ever seen.

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
Dragonforce525 said:
Well it can't be much worse than Origins?

Right...?
Wait, what? That movie was pretty awesome.

On Topic. Moon was amazing, so I'm up for anything from anyone involved in it.
What most people hated was that they had all these awesome characters from the comics and annihilated them, the main ones being "Deadpool" and Gambit, I say "Deadpool" because we never actually see him as Deadpool, we see him as Wade and then they try to pass off that bald thing as Deadpool, and all the others get about 2 minutes of trailer bait and are either killed off or never seen again.

The movie on it's own would probably hold up quite well, but I can't help but feel like I was tricked into watching it, because I was really only watching it for Deadpool and Gambit, I know Wolverine is supposed to be the poster boy, but he's headlined all 3 X-men movies and I quite frankly was bored of him by the time Origins showed it's face.

Arrakiv

Dec 17, 2005
Given my opinion on Moon and the last Wolverine movie, this sort of seems to me like a Mozart taking over concert direction from Britney Spears or whatever pop music star we're hating on justifiably today.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Explain to me why you thought it was bad. I didn't see anything wrong with it.
*sigh*

I don't suppose you'd be willing to sign off a waiver agreeing to pay for all of the psychiatric therapy I'm gonna need after revisiting this film, would you??

... I thought not.

Ok, let's revisit Pain Lane. Please note, the use of spoilers here are not so much to prevent me ruining the end of the film as much as they are to protect the people who haven't seen Origins from experiencing it. Even thirdhand descriptions can cause intense pain and sorrow... Please don't click the Spoiler. For all that is holy and good in this world, I beg you.... Do. Not. Click. The. Spoiler.

Also, I suffered severe brain damage as a result of watching Origins, so I am probably forgetting a lot of other really terrible things...

- Side characters. There are too many of them, they aren't developed well, and worst of all, they are hideous shadows of the comic book characters.

- "Deadpool". I'm not sure what character they brought into this film, but it is NOT Deadpool. Imagine a Spider-Man movie where Spider-Man has 8 arms, is 45 yrs old, beats his children every night with his laser beam eyes, and then goes to the local orphanage and starts eating children. That's what they did to Deadpool.

- Weapon X Project. This is one of the worst things this film did, because it undermines the ENTIRETY of Wolverine's character. HE VOLUNTEERED FOR THE PROJECT?!?!?!? That is INSANE. That's like Spider-Man murdering Gwyn Stacey instead of Harry Osborne. It's like Batman murdering his own parents... it completely undermines the emotional trauma he's suffered in the comics. It defies the character. In the proper telling he is taken against his will, tortured, beaten, treated like an animal. NONE of that carries over into the movie. I cannot stress enough how severely beaten the person who came up with this concept needs to be beaten. BEATEN LIKE ANIMALS!!!!!! RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!! HULK SMAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!!!

- The Amnesia Bullet. This is as bad as him volunteering. Maybe worse. I guess it's like deciding whether you want somebody to slice your ass open with a rusty knife or stuff 18 centipedes into your nasal cavity. But anyway, you have this guy who can heal from anything. And a single bullet MAKES HIM FORGET EVERYTHING!? How stupid do the filmmakers think we are? That's the most patently stupid idiotic thing I've heard since having Wolverine volunteer for Weapon X!

I mean, forget about how dumb it is for a healer to lose his memories, are we to believe that Wolverine now has a gaping hole in his head forever into the future? Adamantium is NOT part of his healing factor. A giant hole in the metal isn't going to heal. And not only will it not heal, but the bone isn't going to be able to form around it either. The only logical answer is that Wolverine has a soft fleshy jello-ish portion of his head where you could literally jam your finger into his brain and make him forget everything. He must be an absolute hoot at parties.

How hard would it be for him to have been kidnapped, beaten, and then given drugs to forget about it later on? Not only is it already written, but it lacks the megatons of suckage!

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Its all just such a.... such a sick cruel joke. It's like they wanted to make Wolverine fans miserable. They made it suck ON PURPOSE! OH GOD, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY*hiccup*YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY *burp*YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!?!!??

I'm so happy.

Blank Kold

Aug 24, 2010
Eh, I didn't like moon. This could be because I'm not given to morality and found nothing wrong with the corporation's actions, or it could be because I missed something. Either way, I found the movie to be preachy yet preach nothing.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
HankMan said:
I never heard of Moon until now, So when I clicked on this thread, I thought they were talking about the New Moon Director. Needless to say I am quite relieved!
I thought they were talking about the actual moon.

Also, love the Gyllenhalapeño crack.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Are they shooting already? If so switching horses midstream does not bode well for the quality of the movie. Then again xm:eek: wasn't very good at all so it wont be hard to top.

Sadly all the xmen movies got progressively worse, in that you had to be drunker and drunker to get maximum enjoyment out of them.

drakythe

Feb 10, 2011
[
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Are they shooting already? If so switching horses midstream does not bode well for the quality of the movie. Then again xm:eek: wasn't very good at all so it wont be hard to top.

Sadly all the xmen movies got progressively worse, in that you had to be drunker and drunker to get maximum enjoyment out of them.
No, they have not begun shooting yet.

Also I wanted to elaborate on one of the points contained within the "spoiler" tags above, so click to see what I'd like to say on the matter.

The.Bard said:
Explain to me why you thought it was bad. I didn't see anything wrong with it.
- The Amnesia Bullet. This is as bad as him volunteering. Maybe worse. I guess it's like deciding whether you want somebody to slice your ass open with a rusty knife or stuff 18 centipedes into your nasal cavity. But anyway, you have this guy who can heal from anything. And a single bullet MAKES HIM FORGET EVERYTHING!? How stupid do the filmmakers think we are? That's the most patently stupid idiotic thing I've heard since having Wolverine volunteer for Weapon X!

(Added by Drak)To further elaborate why I had a problem with the Amnesia bullet, the General found Wolverine and Sabertooth after they had been shot, repeatedly, by a firing squad as a form of execution. Let me repeat that. Wolverine was Shot. Repeatedly. By a Firing Squad. And yet from that even which he said "tickled" he Did Not. Forget. A. Single. Thing. And yet somehow the general just _knows_ that the bullet will erase his memories. I call shenanigans of the highest order on that crap.(/Added by Drak)
EDIT: Whoops! quoted the wrong person. Fixed.

20thCenturyBoy

Mar 25, 2011
So the son of David Bowie is directing a superhero movie about Hugh Jackman kicking ass. Well, this should be interesting.

Zachary Kramer

Mar 4, 2011
rembrandtqeinstein said:
There should be a drinking game to improve said situation, much like the Star Wars drinking game.

Also, I'm not a huge Wolverine buff or anything, but where would this new movie be going? Japan? More of Canada? Fighting Wendigo and the Hulk? Maybe some of you could help me out on the timeline because I thought a lot of that was supposed to happen while he was still with the Weapon X program.

Still, I guess screwing with canon and creating storyline paradoxes isn't beyond Fox's repertoire.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Am I the only one who was extremely dissapointed by Moon? Then again I actually quite enjoyed Origins: Wolverine and X-Men the last stand which everyone else seems to hate... so maybe my judgement is off?

I expected a lot more from Moon and ended up dissapointed. I didn't expect much from Origins and therefore was not dissapointed. Perhaps it all depends on what mindset you go in with.

I doubt the new Wolverine movie will be watched by me at the cinema, probably catch it on DVD at some point instead. Can't say I'm really bothered.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Awesome! I was actually at Kapowcon last weekend and missed that talk. I did get to see him at the end and almost got an autograph. I loved Moon, and would be really interested to see how he'd do Wolverine.

K_Dub

Oct 19, 2008
Oh goodie! Another fucking Wolverine movie! *Sigh* I remember a time when X-Men meant a whole buncha mutants doin' shit together. Not Wolverine(and some other people)! Those were good times.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Considering how Moon was the best film of '09, I like this idea. A lot.

Killerbunny001

Oct 23, 2008
Chrono212 said:
I second that. The only thing that sadness me at this point is the fact that the movie will be delayed again. New director means that the script will be reworked and that takes time.

LonelyWizzard

Mar 14, 2011
I expected a lot from moon, and was not dissapointed in the movie at all. I didn't expect much from origins, but really didn't enjoy it.
I think its less mindset, more personal tastes.