"Morality Moments" Coming to Army of Two

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
A good idea that already looks to be implemented badly.

If you have a system like that, there should have been a second choice: to kill the guard or disable him. If he dies during the disabling, the player still feels okay about that, because hey, he tried.

Killing the guard because the player decided to take the weapons though, that's not right. There are different aspects to morality. For instance, in all the games I play that have a freestyle morality system (like Fallout 3) I wind up playing the klepto hero: I steal everything that isn't nailed down, but I make the good, moral choices in any other situation. Fallout 3 failed in terms of morality gaming because it made the player a god or a demon at the end of the trip; this one will fail because you can't really choose the morality of your characters at all. You're just choosing one of two pre-set paths for them to walk down, and that isn't a morality system at all.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
I hate it when you make the "good" choice and it turns out the person you just saved is a psychopathic drug lord who eats babies for fun. It's like both choices are bad choices.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Woem said:
Kwil said:
Psst.. the choice wasn't to kill the guy or not.. it was to take the weapons or return them, and the two chose to take the weapons, with the result that the security guard died.
Exactly.

I'm afraid people will get punished for making the "good" choice. For instance if you let someone live, that he will grow up to be a gangster that enslaves orphans. For instance in the example with the guard (as far as I can see) he gets bribed and bad things happen.
Except this is how it should work. The consequences of one's actions aren't always immediately clear and to make it so that you're never sure if you've made the right choice will mean players will have to rely more on instinct plus it will alter everyone's experience.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
TheEnglishman said:
From the example in the video there didn't seem to be any difference to the main characters no matter what your choice, you both continued on, just with an extra cut scene.
I agree, it'll just be "wow this cannon fodder is slightly more important then his friends I get to see his death in high def!"

Also is it just me or does this seem like a far too serious addition to this game? After all morallity is for human beings not bullet soaking super Americans who can carry enough ordinance to level a city.