More Disney Princesses Reimagined, This Time As X-Men

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
More Disney Princesses Reimagined, This Time As X-Men

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1273/1273527.jpg

Yeah, we post reimagined Disney princesses quite a bit, but this time we do it with them re-envisioned as X-Men.

San Francisco-based artist Diego Gomez, aka DesignNurd, has taken the Disney princesses to a new level - that of mutant. Taking screen caps from classic Disney movies, Gomez has reimagined the ladies as kickass X-Men.

You've got Tiana as Storm, Merida as Rogue, Pocahontas as Psylocke, and Jasmine as Mystique. But I think my favorite is Cinderella as Emma Frost, which seems like a fitting transformation.

"I was inspired to create the Disney Princess X-Men because I like mixing together my favorite things," Gomez told The Escapist. S"ome people like sex, drugs & rock n roll - I like Disney Princesses & X-Men... and cookies but I left those out - this time."

He had reasons for each choice as well.

"I chose particular princesses to turn into their X-Men counterparts based on looks and background," he said. "I chose Alice to turn into Magik because they are both young blond girls who wind up in dangerous lands. Alice went to Wonderland and Magik was raised in Limbo. I transformed Ariel into Phoenix because they're both red heads who go through major transformations where they start their lives anew - Ariel becoming human, Jean Grey turning into the Phoenix, dying and coming back repeatedly.

"Aurora into Dazzler because they're both singers with dark blond hair and duel identities: Princes/Pauper & Pop Star/Mutant-Superhero. Belle into Shadowcat, because they're both bookish brunettes. Cinderella into Emma Frost because they are both blondes who transform - Cinderella from rags to riches with glass slippers, Emma from human skin to "diamond" skin that resembles cut glass. Jasmine into Mystique, because of their costumes, big hair and fiery temperament. Merida into Rogue, because of there wild hair & tough nature.

"Mulan into X-23, because of their raven hair and unbeatable fighting prowess. Pocahontas into Psylocke because of their features and because historically Pocahontus was taken to Europe, taught English and renamed Rebecca, Psylocke was originally English but her mind/soul was put into a Japanese body. Rapunzel into Polaris, because they both have the most outlandish hair and grew up without their fathers. Tiana into Storm, because they're both the lone black character and they are also the most tenacious: Tiana is the first princess to dream of having a career and Storm is the First female leader of the X-Men, a role she won by battle Cyclops for the title without using her powers. Snow White into Jubilee, because they are both young girls who find asylum in a group of friends (the seven dwarves & The X-Men)."

If you want to see him actually do the conversion, you can sells his work on RedBubble [https://www.youtube.com/user/DesignNurd/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd].

[gallery=5653]

Source: Blogspot [http://designnurd.blogspot.com/]. Reprinted with permission.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Not going to lie these are all awful and I feel bad having clicked this.

Easily the worse reimagined article yet.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Yeah I have to agree. The concept's interesting, but I'd prefer original artwork instead of poorly done photoshopped stills and posters.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
I have to agree with Veldie. And was it really necessary to give Alice a boob window? She isn't even old enough to have them... ew.

And Man

May 12, 2014
Hahahaha wow, these are hilariously bad. I know a lot of people hate these "Disney princesses re-imagined as [x]", but for fuck's sake, if you're gonna showcase them anyway, at least use some decent ones. Half of these are just baby's first photoshop. I'll admit that Cinderella and Merida are at least passable (though I wouldn't expect them to be hosted on a site website like this, as they're just photoshops), but Ariel, Mulan, Jasmine, Alice, Tiana, and especially Rapunzel are awful. Hell, just look at the Tangled photoshop. It is terrible. First, they just changed some colors on her dress and hair. Wow, 2 minutes in photoshop. But then look at the mask and the skull. It's painful how little fit. Their art style and quality of the mask and skull aren't even close to the style and quality of the original screen cap. I'd be embarrassed to post that as a supposedly professional photoshop. Like, fucking hell Escapist, did you even look at these before hosting them on your site? Yeah, I'm being incredibly critical, but if you're hosting content on your site, I expect it to have at least some standard of quality, and not just some hackjob like the Tangled photoshop.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Just stop it, Escapist. STOP IT!
You don't have to report on EVERY. SINGLE. disney princess re-imagining that exists.
Does anyone actually find this interesting?

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
In so much as these pop up all the time, usually I get good art out of them. I was not so rewarded this time. Also, the only one of them with an actual claim to be in the X-Men, Elsa, is suspiciously absent.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Some of these look like they were done in ms paint. I have no artistic skill at all and even I could have done the tangled one better. :p

Apr 17, 2009
At least half of these have the most unsettling eyes I may have ever witnessed. Especially Alice. Just what the hell is going on with her whole head?

Also just occurred to me that, with the costume Cinderella's been put in and the screenshot used, it looks like the dress has just melted off her and left her standing around in her undies

Oathfish

May 30, 2014
*Spits out coffee*

And these are being sold? SOLD?! (Clicks link to Red Bubble) Mother of God, the hubris.

Look, I don't want to be a jerk. These are amateur and not in the least passable. I mean, if he was doing it for his own amusement, sure, but to get posted here as an actual article. Escapist, you're going downhill so fast, it's breathtaking.

Come on. Pull it together. We already have Buzzfeed.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Am I the only one who never grew up watching Disney Princess movies?

My first Disney movie is The Lion King.

My absolute favorite Disney movie of all time is Fantasia (Well perticualarly 4 of its segments but they were GOLD)

My favorite movie of the Disney Rennissance as of now is Hunchback of Notre Dame.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
1: Seriously...the fuck is the deal with posting these re-imaginings of Disney Princesses? Is news that slow that we have to come back to this dried up well again? And with such shitty results this time? Come on, if there's nothing else to report on then at least do what IGN does and post a review for every single comic in existence and/or every nerd-culture tv show.

2:
Oathfish said:
These are amateur and not in the least passable.
That would be insulting to actual amateurs. At least amateurs put in effort, these were slapped together in 2 minutes because "Herpa-Derp I like cookies, Disney Princesses, and X-Men...and I just happen to have Photoshop, so why not? Nevermind the fact that a competent high schooler could do better renditions by hand."

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Next up: Zombie Steampunk Dinsey Princesses. All dressed up as Harley Quinn and Deadpool.

The universe collapses into a black hole under the weight of all the cliches.

psijac

$20 a year for this message
Nov 20, 2008
Li Mu said:
Just stop it, Escapist. STOP IT!
You don't have to report on EVERY. SINGLE. disney princess re-imagining that exists.
Does anyone actually find this interesting?
I agree with this. If I wanted re-imagined Disney princess I would go to Buzzfeed. They literally have Disney princess re imagined as bowls of warm water