More People Are Playing Minecraft than Black Ops

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
A new game is more popular than a game almost two years older?

Seriously, why is this relevant or in any way new information?

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Scrumpmonkey said:
Aerosteam 1908 said:
Scrumpmonkey said:
They may be playing Minecraft but its far from the definitive version. I don't get why you would buy the 360 version, its more money for less game and the 360 is far from the ideal platform.
It will soon be updated to the PC latest version, I love using a controller and my PC sucks.

The problem i foresee is that the 360 version does not even have creative mode yet. How long is it going to be before we see these features? There is simply no timescale, its like Alpha and Bta all over again except this time people are paying full whack.

There is also the issue for free updates. Notch explicitly stated they were given a "Limited set amount" of free updates. Here is the breakdown;

Minecraft has not stopped updating on the PC, we are at 1.2.5 at the moment. The 360 version seems to be running about Beta 0.7-0.8. The 360 will take quite a while to catch up to even 1.0 with all features, nevermind chasing post 1.0 updates [footnote]1.0 was not really a release build, i think they just called it "1.0" since minecraft is ever evolving and FAR from perfect as a structured game experience[/footnote] So what happens when the updates run out? Actually before that what happens if they don't get to 1.0 before the updates run out? And even if they do get there, won't the PC version of minecraft have already moved on to be a much better rounded game?
I'm not saying the 360 edition is better, I never did. Having most of the game is better than all of the game but laggy as Hell. I have both PC and Xbox 360 editions, and I prefer it on the console because most of my friends play on it and the fact that I am able to place 1 block per second.

If I had a PC that will run it at least 30 frames a second, I'd be playing Minecraft -or PC games in general- instead.

kyoodle

Dec 4, 2009
As someone who finds Minecraft even more boring than CoD (which is still No. 1 and No. 3) I will continue the Escapist tradition of declaring the medium dead and/or dying!!

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Ragsnstitches said:
Beautiful End said:

I should know. Anecdote time.

The day Minecraft was released for the 360, my friend invited me over and asked me to join him. I had never played Minecraft before and I never considered the game that interesting; Lego-like-Sims-wannabe game. But I gave it a shot anyway.
After 2 hours, I was completely addicted and in love with it.

Now, I had been thinking about getting a 360 for a while now. I'm a PS3 lover (Not fanboy) but I admit the 360 has its perks. This game made me go buy a 360 almost immediately after.

...But it's very addicting. Seriously, I dream about building stuff. I hear the songs in my head. And they're just background songs!

Someone help me...
No one can help you... those that have played it are under the same influence, and those that haven't can never understand.

One day you will find yourself making sand castles on a REAL beach. But when the sun slowly sets you will start excavating large quantities of earth with your fists. That is the point of no return.

In all seriousness though, wait until you see the "adventure" update. I don't know what the situation with the Xbox version is, but if we have it on the PC you will likely see it on the Xbox sooner or later.
Oh, gods! Adventure update?!

Brb, saying goodbye to the real world...

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I want to play minecraft, but don't know how to buy it and I have Lego at home

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Evil Smurf said:
I want to play minecraft, but don't know how to buy it and I have Lego at home
http://www.minecraft.net/

If you have a paypal account, then go right ahead, register an account, buy the copy then download the game launcher (it works on any OS too)

:3

OT:

I approve....

Glad to see Indie games can outsell AAA trash.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Grey Day for Elcia said:

I second this, sure there's still a massive amount of people on Black Ops, but there's an even bigger amount on Modern Warfare 3, if Minecraft beat that, then I would be thoroughly impressed, otherwise, its not that big of a deal

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but this^

Beat MW3. Then we can talk. Not saying this as a CoD fanboi. Far from it. But beating a 2 year old game that has a successor that's beating Minecraft isn't that impressive. If anything, the impressive part is that Black Ops is still so high with MW3 out.

edit: hurray for the new descriptive captchas. Writing "fuck off" seems to work every time. Not only is it easier, but demonstrates my feelings towards this system as well. Thumbs up for being amusing, if useless.

VoidRipper717

May 31, 2012
YAAAAAAAAAY!!! MINECRAFT IS AWESOME. I DONT HAVE THE XBOX VERSION I HAVE THE 1.2.5FULLVERSION FOR PC BUT STILL YAAAAAAAAAAY I AM SOSOOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOS HAPPY I COULD SHRIEK XD!