Morrowind Expansion Announced for The Elder Scrolls Online

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
TT Kairen said:
The Steam version of FFXIV has some odd drawbacks that make it less desirable, and quite a swath of the playerbase is on consoles as well.
The exact same thing can be said for the Steam version of ESO. Also worth noting that for several months after the game's launch, the game wasn't available on Steam at all, so any early adopters who may still be playing it will not be using Steam.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Ftaghn To You Too said:
I hope the people who play it enjoy it, but I definitely will not be playing it. Especially with the game's current record on how it treats the lore of the Elder Scrolls series. The cinematic shows that this really won't be changing my mind.
What exactly does it do to the lore that gets so many people so angry about it? I've played the game a lot as well as Skyrim and Oblivion and I don't understand how they're apparently slaughtering established lore like so many people claim...

Lotet

Aug 28, 2009
Halyah said:
She was executing the grandmaster of the Tong from what I understood and somethings gone tits up in Vvardenfell. So thats probably why.
Makes sense. Though Grandmasters are supposed to get their position by defeating the previous Grandmaster in a duel and the guy in the trailers seems pretty weak. Though I guess he could have poisoned the previous Grandmaster before the duel or some such, making it one of the transgressions he's being assassinated for.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
DeliveryGodNoah said:
MatthewTheDark said:
June 6th? So they're trying to compete with the new FF14 expansion coming out the same month? With a game that's not that well liked and a half assed "but its Morrowind guys!" vibe? I don't see this ending well for ol' Bethy.
Silentpony said:
That game is still around?! Didn't WOW just maul it to death like it always does?
Eh, it's sort of living pretty well. FF 14 is still a little higher in player count, but only just on a daily basis. SteamDB says there's about 5,000-7,000 people online daily for ESO, with FF 14 in the lead with just about 5,000-8,500 daily.

We can all agree it wasn't what we wanted it to be or what we hoped it would be, and that it could have been a lot better, but several people I've played it with have enjoyed the game. It objectively doesn't have the community WoW has, but I found it more engaging at least on a combat level, even if it is still shallow.
Also note that Steam doesn't even track all ESO players. Only counts if they launch the game through Steam itself. The majority of players however just straight use the desktop launcher directly tied to Zenimax. A lot of people play and relatively enjoy this game. Bethesda and Zenimax have different approaches to it. By nature it's an MMO so it can't be the same as a single player experience. I enjoy it as a separate Elder Scrolls entity. If you wanna play traditional Elder Scrolls just wait for Bethesda to get around to it.