Morrowind

Syndef

Nov 14, 2008
Take all the positive feelings you can find in this thread so far.
Now magnify it by two or three times.
You now have experienced Morrowind and Oblivion with mods. With fan-made mods coming out almost every other day, you have a nearly infinite replayability factor. The modding community has been active for years and years, and it doesn't look like it's going to quit now. Any shortcomings of either game you've seen can now be fixed, and if it isn't the perfect game, you can MAKE it so that it is. Or someone else will.

NeoDeath90

Feb 11, 2009
The aspect of being whoever you want, doing whatever you want, and going wherever you want is what;s most appealing to me. And I think most people would agree with me.

Syndef said:
Take all the positive feelings you can find in this thread so far.
Now magnify it by two or three times.
You now have experienced Morrowind and Oblivion with mods. With fan-made mods coming out almost every other day, you have a nearly infinite replayability factor. The modding community has been active for years and years, and it doesn't look like it's going to quit now. Any shortcomings of either game you've seen can now be fixed, and if it isn't the perfect game, you can MAKE it so that it is. Or someone else will.
I've had plenty of fun playing modless (as I'm on the 360) so it shows how much you an like a game with just the bare minumum.

Scops

Jan 11, 2009
I loved both Morrowind and Oblivion, but I think the former lost a lot of gamers because of its combat system. Unless you rolled an orc and Major Skill'd an axe or something, the first few hours of combat saw you standing in front of an enemy, swinging your weapon over and over, hitting once for maybe every five swings. It's a horrible first impression to make. I remember playing the game on my brother's Xbox for a couple of hours, creating an Argonian thief, and gimping myself after a couple of level ups. Luckily, I bought it for the PC a couple of months later and fell in love.

With Oblivion, one of the most frustrating things for me was that damn opening dungeon. It was tedious as hell, and if you have the 360/PS3 version, you have to do it EVERY time you create a new character. I guess when you get out, it can be a little intimidating to TES neophytes, but after Morrowind, I was thinking "Oh, thank god" and got a-questin'.