Mortal Kombat 1: Finish Him!

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States

Brand new -

I mentioned wanting to main Havik in the now playing thread but man Sonic makes Baraka look insane with the pressure. Going to try him out next and decide from there.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I finished invasions and im done with mk1 right now. Ive gotten all the trophies minus the grindy ones and after 25hours of abusing my thumb, i am fighting gamed out lol.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
For those that actually care....

Yahtzee is tired of MK and wants it to be more like SF6. Aside from them continuing to be two very different types of fighting games, it’s kinda ironic that the new single player stuff people are praising the latest Street Fighter for are things MK has had in one form or another since the last few Midway games.

That said, there are definitely some baffling things QoL issues, mostly with online that need to be patched into MK1, but the core fighting is arguably the best it’s been for both franchises. I think SF6’s biggest advantage is also ironically it’s probably doing more to appeal to casuals this time around along with the hardcore crowd.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Yahtzee is tired of MK and wants it to be more like SF6. Aside from them continuing to be two very different types of fighting games, it’s kinda ironic that the new single player stuff people are praising the latest Street Fighter for are things MK has had in one form or another since the last few Midway games.
And as much as I appreciate Yahtzee praising SF6, why does even bother with MK at this point? He clearly doesn't like the franchise, and has had an axe to grind since the beginning. I am not defending MK1 completely, but he would have been better off reviewing anything else.

it’s kinda ironic that the new single player stuff people are praising the latest Street Fighter for are things MK has had in one form or another since the last few Midway games.

That said, there are definitely some baffling things QoL issues, mostly with online that need to be patched into MK1, but the core fighting is arguably the best it’s been for both franchises. I think SF6’s biggest advantage is also ironically it’s probably doing more to appeal to casuals this time around along with the hardcore crowd.
The irony is not lost on me.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2
Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
WTF NRS -

Actually it seems like Max just didn’t like some of the nerfs including overall damage, which isn’t really a bad thing. At least it sounds like they’re slowly implementing some needed QoL changes (pinned moves, why would you ever leave in the first place‽).
Also about the crazy greedy Halloween DLC, if this if trickling down from WB then maybe have the guts to tell them to fuck off and let the developers do their jobs. Who there is really going to argue with Ed. This is not creating goodwill within the industry let alone the franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan