Mortal Kombat Demo Hits PS3 Next Week

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mortal Kombat Demo Hits PS3 Next Week

The demo for the new Mortal Kombat [http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6E1JS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299185731&sr=8-1] goes live on March 8, but only if you own a PlayStation 3.

Another day, another timed exclusive demo. What makes this one a bit unusual is that it's not Microsoft opening its wallet to make things happen this time but Sony, which has finagled an exclusive demo for the upcoming Mortal Kombat reboot. PS3 owners will be able to take Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage and Mileena for a spin in two classic arenas, The Living Forest and The Pit. The demo will include the arcade ladder for one or two players.

PlayStation Plus subscribers around the world will have first crack at the demo on March 8, while the rest of the PlayStation Network will get it one week later, on March 15. And what about those poor suckers who own an Xbox 360? They'll have their chance "later."

I suppose they can pass the time playing the Crysis 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107205-Xbox-360-Exclusive-Crysis-2-Demo-Coming-Soon] demo while they wait.

Mortal Kombat comes out on April 19 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
I think it's kinda odd that they didn't include Kratos, the PS3 exclusive character, in the PS3 exclusive demo.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Arkley said:
I think it's kinda odd that they didn't include Kratos, the PS3 exclusive character, in the PS3 exclusive demo.
No reason to buy the PS3 edition if you own both consoles then.

And for the announcement... where is my XBL edition?

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
No this is rather silly now isn't it since i don't pay for a crappy service such as plus i have to wait for another week just to play the same demo as the subs do on plus /rage face.

I mean come on the way this divides people is so annoying since i refuse to pay for stupid services that actually do not imrpove the already free existing service i already use.

I'll end this with "what happened to equality?".

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Ah, don't worry Xbox people, the PS Store will probably still be down because of the BlOps map pack (like it is now)...

antman9000

Jun 13, 2008
will the demo be available to Australian players? also coincidently i had to make a new psn account saying i live in hong kong, so if all else fails hopefully that one will work

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 says I don't have time to care.

GundamSentinel said:
Ah, don't worry Xbox people, the PS Store will probably still be down because of the BlOps map pack (like it is now)...
You sure I've been screwing around on PSNstore for like an hour now. Seems fine.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
ace_of_something said:
GundamSentinel said:
You sure I've been screwing around on PSNstore for like an hour now. Seems fine.
Then I envy you. It's been one error after the other here. From one side I hear it's maintenance, from the other it's the Map Pack. *sigh* Just let me get my New Vegas content and I'll be okay.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
antman9000 said:
will the demo be available to Australian players? also coincidently i had to make a new psn account saying i live in hong kong, so if all else fails hopefully that one will work
I'm wondering about this as well, I'm hoping we get the demo, I'll definitely download it. Can't wait for this game.

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
Mortal Kombat demo and Dragon Age II on the same day?!

Never have I looked forward to a tuesday like I am now....

Captcha: Iszil Meaning.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Arkley said:
I think because hes DLC, you get an activation code in the box thats a one time use, probably to combat used game sales.

EDIT: Sorry to KOMBAT used game sales.