Mortal Kombat vs DC Comics Will Feature Fatalities, Brutalities

Junaid Alam

Apr 10, 2007
Mortal Kombat vs DC Comics Will Feature Fatalities, Brutalities

While not all the characters in Mortal Kombat vs. Dc will have fatality moves, there will be "brutalities" that will be just as good - though not as, well, fatal.

"All of the MK characters and all of the DC villains will have fatalities," Midway Developer Ed Boone said, before clarifying, "The DC heroes who don't kill that often will have brutalities that will function just like fatalities but don't actually kill the opponent."

Boone also said speculation about a watered-down or fatality-less experience was unfounded and was fueled by an absence of official information.

"Unfortunately, this assumption has been made by a good number of players and even some of the press, but you really can't fault them when so little information has been officially announced," he said.

The developer pronounced himself pleased with DC's level of cooperation, and said everyone understands that the company's comic book characters were not as overtly violent as those found in Mortal Kombat.

Nonetheless, he added, "Certain animations, blood effects, and sound effects that we have in the game are really pushing the T-rating envelope."

Source: Gamespot.com [http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortalkombat/news.html?sid=6192868]

slaygore

Mar 6, 2008
Wait so do the MK characters get fatalities and do some T-rated gruesome finishing move? Either way it's not going to be the same as before and everything will be tone down. If only it was rated M, I seriously want to rip Superman's head off.

Gollon

Jan 16, 2008
I still think it is going to be awesome having Batman and maybe even Baraka in the same game.

chris100185

Nov 21, 2007
Considering what they're getting away with here with a T rating. The fact that Xenosaga III was censored, further angers and annoys me.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Have they announced a list of DC characters that'll be in the game? I'm gonna go ahead and assume that Batman's in it but I'd quite like to destroy Robin.....

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
How come nobody's talking about what a brain-smashingly stupid idea this is?

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Malygris said:
Probably because the last lot of Mortal Combats were rubbish, reckon I'm more likely to play this one than if they'd just released another standard Mortal Kombat. Still won't buy it, but let's at least entertain Mr Boone for a little while longer.

Razzle Bathbone

Sep 12, 2007
Malygris said:
Because it's such a complete waste of energy to talk about this piece-o-shit idea at all.

See what I did there? Ah, well. At least there aren't a lot of people commenting here. That's encouraging.

Sejs Cube

Jun 16, 2008
Superman's brutality takes place shortly after starting a match, wherein you hit a certain sequence of buttons and automatically win. It's sort of a meta-brutality, as instead of punishing the opposing character you're actually holding down and dribbling your nuts on the face of the other player.

Never the less, curious to see what they'll do with it. Here's to hoping it's decent.