Mortal Kombat X Revealed in New Trailer

momijirabbit

Nov 2, 2012
toomuchnothing said:
For anyone who couldn't stand the music here's a version synced to MK's "Techno Syndrome"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGDiBnU6GAo
That jesus for this.

OT: Looks good, I can't say I know anything about Mortal Kombat with 9 being the only one I have played but it looks like a Mortal Kombat game.
So yeah.

Jack Nief

Nov 18, 2011
Good to see another MK title... though I'm probably one of the very few people who also wonder if they will be able to have their heroes adequately bounce back in their Story Mode, seeing how the other one ended in a pretty bleak state.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Looking forward to it, really enjoyed the last game.

Also can we stop calling the PS4 and Xbox One "next-gen"?

tdylan

Jun 17, 2011
Gorrath said:
That trailer is something special. I love how Sub Zero picks up the sword only to lose it half a second later without even swinging it once.
Rewatch. SubZero swung the sword. Scorpion simply countered him and knocked the sword away.

I hope the actual gameplay delivers on what is shown here.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that was a game and not a movie.

But the fact that that's even possible now makes me happy inside.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Loved MK9, so I'll be picking up this. Curious to see how they will carry on the story line as well.
I don't get the bitching about the rap either. Seemed fine to me.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Pros:
-Nice selection of characters to 'reveal'.
-Great graphics.
-Solid showing off of combat system, without a plethora of 'shiny' special attacks.

Cons:
-That music, wow, that's just...horri-bad.
-Graphics probably aren't in game, given MK's history and Ed Boon.
-Seriously, that 'song' was bad...like late 90s/early 00s Emo bad.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Awful music aside, the reveal trailer was fucking awesome. I'm just curious on what the story for MK will be. MK9 had a lot of characters either changed or killed off, one of them being Sub Zero. Wonder how they're gonna resolve that.

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
SupahGamuh said:
Magmarock said:
Mortal Kombat 9 was awesome here's hoping we don't have to wait forever for a PC release hey Ed Boon.
Here's hoping that IF it get a PC release, it's a well optimized one*.

OT: It looks really nice, if it's as good as MK9, then bring it on!.

*Before I get flooded with replies like the last time I said it's unoptimized, the game needs to work on a steady 60 fps and for that, it needs a quad core CPU, it didn't work on my dual core CPU and I know it's badly optimized, because Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition runs flawlessly on the same configuration.

CAPTCHA: No crying in baseball. STFU captcha, I'm not in the mood >:C

Well I thought MK9 was a good port although I've hardly played it. No mouse menu aside the game ran nicely.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
was already very happy when MK9 come out for the pc. got it on day one and good thing it was 18 rated and uncensored despite the australian government being ridicules about games.
so good to hear that we pc gamers get it as well. im in :)

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Veldie said:
So that trailer was fun up until they started the rap song it ruined the trailer for me :/

I wonder if we will get Cyber Ninja Scorpion this time it would be fun :D
Well, Scorpion's already dead, so that not likely, but Im all for a Faux Cyber Scorpion.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Did they really had to put rap music in the trailer? Also

Shouldn't be Sub-Zero be a Robot now?

Timzilla

Mar 26, 2010
josh4president said:
So... is this supposed to continue on from the last Mortal Kombat (i.e. Nine)?

Because I seem to remember most of the MK roster being dead when it ended.

Like, A LOT.
Yeah, everyone except Raiden, Scorpion, Quan Chi, Sonya and Johny Cage (and Maybe Kano and Goro?) died.

Guess its time to bring in the C-list Jobers like Darius and Frost. Ugh.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
WanderingFool said:
Veldie said:
So that trailer was fun up until they started the rap song it ruined the trailer for me :/

I wonder if we will get Cyber Ninja Scorpion this time it would be fun :D
Well, Scorpion's already dead, so that not likely, but Im all for a Faux Cyber Scorpion.
In Mortal Kombat anything can happen as a fighting games story isn't really the main thing and they can always reboot or claim its a diffrent verse.

Cyborg Johnny Cage perhaps?