Most addictive game youve ever played?

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oblivion, if we count pure time sunk in. 3000+ hours and counting.

But for sheer "keep playing, just one more ____" its gotta be Pokemon Platinum. The Battle Frontier to be specific.
3000 hours?! That's 187.5 days if you do nothing but sleep 8 hours a day and play the other 16 hours. You make me feel a lot better about my gaming habits.

Mine would be Fallout 3.

amphibians

Mar 3, 2010
lockeslylcrit said:
Anyone who doesn't answer Robot Unicorn Attack is fooling themselves. Harmony harmony, oh love!
HAH. YES. I've been playing it 3 days straight >:

I find Baldur's Gate II's replay value VERY addictive.

And on a more embarrassing note.. Habbo Hotel is quite addictive. sighs.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Macgyvercas said:
TheTim said:
Runescape was so amazing.
Until the bastards started trying to do too much and fucked it up
What turned me off it were the gold farmers and macro users (computerized leveling, BTW. A software that plays the game for you).
That didn't bother me, The Grand exchange made me have to work too hard to get money and you couldnt get any freebies so that caused me to quit

Archimedes88

May 16, 2008
eeek, WoW i've sunk far too much time into that game! Proudly clean of it for 8 months but i racked up 4+ years worth of gaming on that thing! It's the only game i could really say i ever found "addicting" by definition. >_<

MONSTERheart

Aug 17, 2009
Robot Unicorn Attack, anyone?

http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-twitchy-online-game.html

PiggyGamer

Jul 22, 2009
Lumines II (2?) for the PSP. I think it's the first game where I've actually not been able to sleep because I just kept playing the game in my mind. After long bouts of endless puzzle mayhem, I would just lay there imagining random combinations of tiles and how to best match them together. I could not stop seeing the game when I closed my eyes.

L4D and L4D2, also. I really can't go more than two days without playing them. I accomplish nothing after school. Falling behind on homework because of those damn online zombies.

And recently, Bejeweled Blitz. To hell with this game. Unfortunately, it's taking me there with it.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
tklivory said:
My main time stealers:

Might & Magic VI Mandate of Heaven
Rogue/Moria/Omega/Nethack & clones (started them when I was 3 and kept on going)
Shadow Hearts I
MM6 you might be the only person I have ever seen reference this game. I've never finished it just because I always do something real stupid and get my self stuck or the computer dies. For me Modern Warfare series and Masters of Orion 2, I've sat down and played through a game of that so many times. I think spent like 6 hours playing MoO2 today.

thepopeofatheism

Jul 14, 2008
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
thepopeofatheism said:
Disagaea: Afternoon of Darkness (the PSP version).

I just kept playing and playing and playing... There was so much growing to be done. I would think I was high-leveled and then a new "secret" boss would reveal itself and that one would ridiculously outclass me, so I strived to be even stronger!

Making it all the way to level 9999 is just so...ridiculous.
Same for Disgaea 3, I'm at 600 hours and STILL going.
Neither Disgaea 3 nor 2 really held as much appeal for me as my original did. Maybe I just burned myself out on the concept. Who knows.

Ridergurl10

Dec 25, 2008
Siuki said:
Plant vs. Zombies. And half of it is just staring at the zombies getting mowed down by the plants!
This . . . PVZ is awesome! I have it on two different computers and I never get tired of playing . . . its so freaking addicting!

Otherwise Portal and Zelda: Ocaraina of Time, both awesome games that I play regularly on a rainy day :)

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
MONSTERheart said:
Robot Unicorn Attack, anyone?

http://games.adultswim.com/robot-unicorn-attack-twitchy-online-game.html

That game would be something I would expect to see in the night sky while trippin......

Noremacv

Dec 27, 2008
In order of strongest addiction (top 3):

1. World of Warcraft (been clean for.. can't remember, 2 or 3 years now)
2. Runescape (waste of time and $7.50 CDN a month)
3. Almost any Star Wars game (still on that one, not giving up any time soon either. Unless TOR and TFU2 get hardcore ass****ed by producers/developers)

butterkniferampage

Feb 25, 2008
Counter-Strike. I played that game from when i was free till when 1.6 costed money. Then I eventually got it and played for another 2 or 3 years or so. I haven't touched source due to how much my life would suffer from it.

Quesa

Jul 8, 2009
Thanks to Everquest on several occasions I went in to work at 6 am to sleep for an hour under my desk so I'd be woken up by my co-workers turning the lights on and not miss the whole day. I also had to break through the ceiling one night when I'd locked myself out of the room where I was six boxing in Sebilis. I was a much better employee after I quit leading a raid guild, hah.

EQ was more about the massive new social experience than the game though, I went from having a few people I played Mech2 and UO with to knowing more people by name than I ever will in the rest of my life combined.

For the game itself, Star Control II.

LordGarbageMan

Jul 24, 2009
I put a lot of time into Oblivion, but hardly remember it. 300+ hours, but that's nothing compared to some. Currently most addicted to mw2, 8 hours total, but I can only play on weekends, and most of the time I have plans. Now that BBC2 is out though, I'll probably get that, and continue playing that till Splinter Cell Conviction. Also toy soldiers looks great.