Most addictive single player game

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
I know it is all too common for online games such as MMOs and multiplayer FPS to be addictive. But, what single player game have you played that you could simply not put down? What made it so addictive?

Swat_Kat

Jun 1, 2009
Deus Ex. Seriously, I've finished the game so many times and yet I can still find a different skill set to pursue and still I can finish the game without problems. Great story, great atmosphere and it's so flexible it puts the acrobats at the circus to shame.

GoldenFish

Jun 10, 2011
Mount and Blade
Mostly the mod Prophecy of Pendor I just can't keep myself from coming back to it.

Liquidcool

Jun 5, 2010
Right now? Fallout: New Vegas. I'm pretty sure I've played it more than I've played Fallout 3, but I'm not sure if I've surpassed the time I spent on Oblivion.

Liquidcool

Jun 5, 2010
TiloXofXTanto said:
Psychonauts.
Not much more needs to be said on why, It's Psychonauts.
That does it. I am now going to the Steam Store and buying that game. I just keep hearing good things about it.

foxlovingfreak

Sep 9, 2009
My votes go for the following

Pokemon because hey you got to catch em all

Metal gear soild (all of them) I always find myself starting a new game whenever finshe one plus items like stealth cameo add to the repalyabilty.

Fallout3/New Vegas even after finshing the main game and quests it's always fun to explore the places off the beatean path in that world and see what you can find.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
errr, every 6 months i replay bioshock 1, for the awesome story. also fallout 3, and minecraft

Dec 27, 2010
Dwarf Fortress is pretty moreish, and AC II is fun to replay, but I'm gonna have to say RDR. I've probably spent more time on that than any other single player game.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The puzzle game Lumines come to my mind and Pokemon too if you want to catch them all. I'm not sure if Animal Crossing count since I was addited to it for a few months but for the wrong reasons.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I have played it every year ever since it came out. My guess would be around 900 hours in. And still lovin' it.

conzan

Apr 16, 2010
Final fantasy 10
Mount and blade: Warband (not fire and sword i mean really no taking towns for my self what the...no no this is not the place)
Demons souls
assassins creed is always a game i can go and fuck around in for a long time
oblivion (100 hours of side quests plus a ton of fun mods)

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
Tetris for GameBoy. I played constantly for an entire summer a few years ago, by the end I could see colorful blocks when I closed my eyes to sleep.