Most amount of sheer, unstoppable, replayable fun in a single player game

pulse2

May 10, 2008
Multiplayer is overated, its just there to make up for what single player options lack. So here's a question.

Whats the most amount of fun you've had in a single player game, even if it has a multiplayer option, not talking about storys here or graphics, just sheer gameplay fun.

Edit: Yeah, erm, don't take the multiplayer rant thing seriously, I was just copying what the industry likes to tag multiplayer gaming as for the fun of it, I happen to love multiplayer as much as a good single player experience depending on who I'm playing with or against.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Saints Row Dieu, pure unbridled fun, throwing a C4 charge at a random pedestrian, spawning a mini helicopter, piloting it over to a clothing shop then putting on a Mankini and doing it all over again.

Frickin' awesome fun!

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
Tough call. If we're going with "in my lifetime", it would have to be the first or second Resident Evil on the original Playstation. I became a master, and the game never got boring. Played without being able to save, and it was true survival horror and great.

You could play through either Resident Evil 1 or 2 overnight, on a bender, and literally try to survive throughout the night. My friend would come over almost every weekend, and we would kill the lights, and just survive a night in the mansion. I made it about every 3 to 5 tries, and winning was so satisfying and fun. Not cool to be killed at the end though, and not being able to reload a save or press "continue". I do remember the first time I beat the game without dying.. it was the stuff of legends.

LaMer

Dec 23, 2010
pulse2 said:
Sheer gameplay fun.
Saints Row 2- Low gravity + Never Die + Pimp Slap = awesomeness. If you don't know what I'm talking about, play that game. Right. Now.

Just Cause 2- Needs no further explanation.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Easton Dark said:
Veldie said:
Perfect Dark iv spent atleast 100 hours in the first stage alone just goofying around :D
I like trying to tip-toe around everybody.
Just for sheer lulz I do a run where I unarm everyone and make em beg for there lives i find so much amusement in it and then with cheats so much more fun ensured

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
a tie between halo (first one) and dawn of war dark crusade
I played tho the original halo like 10 times
it took like a good month of playing to win dark crusade with every race on multiple difficulties and I still dream of playing it more
oh, I guess I should add heroes of might and magic V also since Ive played the hell out of that, tons on content, good story and I just reinstalled it for another go tho

northeast rower

Dec 14, 2010
pulse2 said:
Multiplayer is overated, its just there to make up for what single player options lack. So here's a question.
Herp Derp, unneeded opinion.

In other news, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout: New Vegas, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, MGS3 are all packed to the brim with goodness.

However, Burnout 3 just makes me grin like a jackass and sit forward every time I pop it in.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Dwarf Fortress has given me more enjoyment than any other single player game. Despite all the time I spend on it, it still hasn't gotten stale. Probably the only game I could stand to spend 2 hours on each day at the moment.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Final Fantasy XIII, on the second time. The storyline was so needlessly confusing, most of the characters really sucked pre-Eidolon, and the linearity was so apparent it wasn't even funny. But damn, the second time was so great with the battle system. Loved it.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
It's a hard decision, but I'm going to have to say the first 3 spyro the dragon games. Love that stuff!