Most annoying thing in any video game?

ajb924

Jun 3, 2009
I used the search bar but couldn't find anything so...

I was playing Majora's Mask the other day and i was doing the Goron race, it pissed me off so bad i had to think to remember a more annoying thing from a game. The only thing i could think of was the Elite Daddy's in bioshock, they weren't hard just tedious.
So whats yours? It could be anything, characters, cut scenes, gameplay, anything in a video game that was annoying and pissed you off. It might not even be hard, just tedious.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
1410 posts in less than a month, christ...

Anyway, I say the most annoying thing in a game is when they sacrifice a decent storyline/campaign because they spend too much time on making the multiplayer big to boost sales.

Gears of War 2, Halo 2 and 3 being my examples.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Really? I did a search and found a similar thread quite easily [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.67434#597300]

Anyways, I've said it before and I'll say it again. The monkey cave in Earthbound is the most annoying thing I have ever had to deal with in any game.

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
Machines Are Us said:

Anyway, I say the most annoying thing in a game is when they sacrifice a decent storyline/campaign because they spend too much time on making the multiplayer big to boost sales.

What? I thought the campaign in Gears of War 2 was great.

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
When you run into a boss that kicks your ass countless times, then you stop, come back later, and lose more. Come back AGAIN with less than half your heart into the game as when you got to the boss in the first place, and you kill the bost first try and its completley unsatisfying.

I.E. the final boss in Baulders Gate: Dark Alliance 1

spindle

Aug 23, 2008
When you get a quest to go talk to someone and then when you do they tell you to go back to where you just were to do something.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
Machines Are Us said:

It had it's moments, but considering all the marketing/advertisements of how "huge" it would be, I was disappointed.

They kept talking about having battles on a larger scale but in reality it was you and 3 or so others (like before) with a bunch of others in the background whom you helping has no real effect.

Also, computer games should not have cliff hanger stories, especially considering the fact the next one will probably be on the next gen of consoles rather than the 360.

I admit I bought into the hype which is why I was disappointed.

kiltmanfortywo

Jul 14, 2008
fetching quests where the area you are getting something from exists purely for that one item. Sorry if I want my games to have a little story and believability to them. Fallout 3 tried hard to solve this problem but it still had some parts on the map that you go to once cause a quest tells you to and you never see the point in going back again. I'm talking about you Minefield!

Conveant0

Feb 4, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Machines Are Us said:

Good, but then again trying to top the performance of the first was going to be an immense task... which they never did.

I mean come on...

A Lambant Brumak you couldn't lose to? Raam was a challenge, the Brumak was a pathetic attempt to climax it in my opinion

Though I do have to say, multiplayer drove me from Gears. Why change something that is a shimmering beacon that reigned at the top of the Live table for nearly a year, to something like... that!

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
Machines Are Us said:
Internet Kraken said:
Machines Are Us said:

It had it's moments, but considering all the marketing/advertisements of how "huge" it would be, I was disappointed.

They kept talking about having battles on a larger scale but in reality it was you and 3 or so others (like before) with a bunch of others in the background whom you helping has no real effect.

Also, computer games should not have cliff hanger stories, especially considering the fact the next one will probably be on the next gen of consoles rather than the 360.

I admit I bought into the hype which is why I was disappointed.
Probably why I enjoyed it more. When I heard about the huge battles I said "there's going to be nothing like that in the game".

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
kiltmanfortywo said:
fetching quests where the area you are getting something from exists purely for that one item. Sorry if I want my games to have a little story and believability to them. Fallout 3 tried hard to solve this problem but it still had some parts on the map that you go to once cause a quest tells you to and you never see the point in going back again. I'm talking about you Minefield!
Well Minefield also had the Sniper which you capture for the Slavers.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
There's a lot of threads like this. Your search failed, hard.

Other players talking like morons. (This is excused if they actually are morons.)