Most beautiful spaceships in fiction

kiri3tsubasa

Jan 24, 2016
Movies, anime, TV. Their are so many different faction, designs, concepts for space crafts out there. But f you had to chose one, from one faction down to one design which is yours? Mine is the Retribution Class Battleship from Warhammer 40,000. It just speaks to me just the majesty of such a being.

Mar 26, 2008
I have to say the Normandy SR2 from Mass Effect (2 & 3). It's sleek, sexy and tough as shoe leather. Special mention to the Normandy SR1.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
You just gotta go with the classics. NCC-1701

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/145093/3131004-5453052638-67712.jpg

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010

the vell-os dart, from ev nova.

it's been my favorite space ship from all experienced media since i first saw it back in the day and i don't see it ever changing. i just love everything about it from it's design, specs, concept and implications.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I was always a bit of a fan of the way Honorverse ships looked.
And it's totally not because of their interesting... shape.

Jute88

Sep 17, 2015
Battlestars (from Battlestar Galactica, duh) are pretty cool. But when I was a kid, the name battlestar made me think of a ship that's actually a size of a planet, so in that regard it kinda falls flat.

White Stars from Babylon 5. It just looks elegant and beautiful. Actually most of the ships in B5 look pretty amazing.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I always liked the look of the Tie Interceptor. But one of my favourite ships ever would have to be the Scimitar from Star Trek Nemesis.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
While my favorite spaceship of all time is probably the Y-Wing, even I have to admit it's rather ugly. Guess I'll have to go with an alternative...

I'm partial to the Imperial Assault Gunboat from the X-Wing games. It strikes a nice visual balance between elegant and intimidating. Shame it was hardly mentioned outside of the series, what with the flashier Tie Defender getting all the attention.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I've always been a sucker for the Sleek & Predatory school of aesthetics, so my vote goes to the Hyperion from X3:

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Okay, I'll play. One ship per franchise off the top of my head, without images, because I'm lazy. Also note that I'm distinguishing "beautiful" as being "aesthetically appealing" (so that pretty much rules out anything from 40K for instance)

-Glorious Heritage-class cruiser (Andromeda)
-Mercury-class Battlestar (Battlestar Galactica)
-Moya (Farscape)
-Firefly-class transport (Firefly)
-CSO-class supercarrier (Halo)
-ISA cruiser (Killzone)
-SSV Normandy SR-1 (Mass Effect)
-Blue Typhoon (Sonic the Hedgehog)
-USS Discovery One (Space Odyssey)
-Spear of Adun (StarCraft)
-Great Fox I (Star Fox, as depicted in Star Fox 64)
-Daedalus-class warship (Stargate)
-The Constitution-class or Sovereign-class (Star Trek, can't decide)
-Imperial II-class Star Destroyer (Star Wars)
-TARDIS (Doctor Who...shadup, it totally counts)
-Bengal-class carrier (Wing Commander)
-Heliades-class space exploration vehicle (Xenopedia)
-Hermes (The Martian)

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I was immediately fascinated with the idea of this one -

I couldn't remember where I found this. Took me around 20 minutes :p

I also wanted to show a design from a book called Galactic Aliens, but there was no image I could find.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I guess the MilleniumFalcon is quite an obvious one...
Can't remember any names of the others to be honest :/
Never been into too sapcey stuff I guess

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
I learned something about myself here...I am not attracted to ships. Most of these look unpleasant to me. I like the Galaga ship more than most of these. Not saying those are bad, just I don't like them.

I guess I'm not into giant war ships, since most I can think of that I like are suitable only for basically a pilot, or maybe a small team.

Jute88

Sep 17, 2015
Nazulu said:
I was immediately fascinated with the idea of this one -

I couldn't remember where I found this. Took me around 20 minutes :p
Looks like the ship from '79 movie Black Hole. It's basically studying a black hole and the commander is an insane scientist with his robot henchmen running the ship. It's pretty entertaining.

Zenja

Jan 16, 2013
Enterprise NCC-1701-D

This ship can make me feel good just by seeing it but that is just my relationship with the show itself.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Hawki said:
-Daedalus-class warship (Stargate)
Nice to see someone else giving Stargate starships some love.

I also like how they designed the Earth ships in general in the Stargate series. Their obviously human in design, but you can definitely see the influence on the basic construction that Terra's one true interstellar bro, the Asgard, gave them.

And while the Daedalus is the better looking of the two earth warship classes, the Prometheus was a looker too.