Most Bizzare Glitch You've Ever Seen?

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
So, I was playing Crusader Kings II earlier today, I was playing as Ghana minding my own business when I got a notice about a Crusade. Now this had nothing to do with me at all, The Pope doesn't give two shits what's happening in West Africa, but I was still curious who was involved so I took a look.

The Pope had declared a crusade against the normally Catholic Kingdom of Lotharingia, which caught me by surprise. Did the King of Lotharingia manage to change religions somehow while I wasn't looking? After taking a second to confirm I was seeing what I thought I was seeing, I looked at the King's profile and saw that, somehow, Catholicism had become a heresy of itself, meaning the Pope could declare war on Catholics with impunity. A quick check confirmed that, yes, the Pope was a heretic as well. I looked around Christian Europe some more and found that Orthodoxy had become a Catholic heresy as well, Miaphysitism was unaffected for some reason.

I tried playing as one of the (now heretical) Catholic rulers, just to see what would happen, which is where I found one of the weirder effects of this glitch. When your character is a member of a heretic faith in Crusader Kings, you have the option to convert, at the cost of 500 prestige points, to the heresy's "parent religion." So, for example, a Cathar, can convert to mainstream Catholicism if they so choose. So I tried converting from Catholicism to Catholicism and found that, yes, I remained a Catholic, and could continue to press the "convert to parent religion" at the cost of 500 prestige points per click without ever really changing religions. I then joined the heretical Catholic Pope in the Crusade against the Heretical Catholic Kingdom of Lotharingia. Interestingly I found that the King of Lotharingia got the "Crusader" trait, due to being a Catholic involved in a Crusade, despite the fact that he was the target of it.

I've had some strange things happen in my Crusader Kings II games while I wasn't paying attention, but this glitch had to be strangest thing I've ever seen happen in the game.

So that brings to our topic: what's the most bizarre or strange glitch you've ever come across in a video game?

Edit: I looked it up, and apparently I'm not the only one who's come across this bug, they have a general idea what's causing it and are working on a fix. I still find it incredibly strange though.

Neka Hikiage

Dec 15, 2013
One Glitch in Rocky for Ps2, if you don't clean it and put the disc in good form, the game just Glitch!! Believe, It's scary and it's not pretty ;n;

TheYellowManalishi

Jul 16, 2013
Couple of weeks ago in Fallout New Vegas. I entered the Strip, and when the map loaded a random Brahmin came running down the street, right past me, then the game crashed.

Anybody ever had that one?

Apr 25, 2009
I'm a big fan of glitch exploring and often go out of my way to find wierd little things in games.

There was one I found in Rayman 2 when I was younger that was wierd and slightly hilarious. If you killed yourself in a certain way in the first level it would restart and in the first little valley you would find a copy of Rayman walking in random directions into walls and things. Bizzare.

There's also the Twilight Princess glitch I've spoken about before, one of my favourites to explore. Basically you kill Link in quicksand and restart the game at a very precise point, causing you to spawn in a creepy and silent title screen version of Hyrule Field, in which you can explore outside the skybox and take part in a wierd, out of sequence series of events in the game including the boss fight with King Bulblin and being in twilit Kakariko as a human with both sets of music playing, among other things I've yet to discover.

Another one I used to do with my friends was in Halo 2, back in the days when you had to lug your big old Xbox original around to your friends house plus four controllers if you wanted to play with them. Good times. Come to think of it there were tons of glitches I used to do in that game, but one of my favourites was stacking two Scorpion tanks on each other in Coagulation and flipping the bottom one, causing the physics to go nuts and send two exploding tanks rocketing around the map at a million miles an hour, often crushing one of us and resulting in many lols. Same with warthog jumping in Halo CE and finding yourself hiking outside of the map boundaries on the surrounding cliffs and low-res mountains.

Another time I was playing Ico and loaded my game only to find that Yorda wouldn't move and just stayed motionless on the stone bench, even when I called to her or tried to take her hand. It felt like she was dead, it was kinda sad and unsettling.

Then there are countless times I've dropped out of the bottom of the map (in many different games). I've always found the sight of the landscape distorted and disappearing above you and finding yourself rushing downwards into an endless void strangely beautiful. Shadow of the Colossus fits in here, there are many places you can do things like that. I find it a slight shame these days that a lot of modern games are so seamless and un-glitchable.

Yuuki

Mar 19, 2013
The entire Battlefield 4 Multiplayer game.

Alright alright if we want to get specific, a glitch which killed people with 1 bullet in the head from any gun. Then there was a glitch that made entire servers/maps crash when an event was triggered, a very big event that is supposed to be triggered.
These may sound insignificant, bur trust me, considering what we're talking about these were glitches that blew everyone's minds. In this generation's most hyped and popular online shooter purchased by millions worldwide, it made everyone question whether EA had changed at all (after 2 years of being voted worst company), or whether the developers had even taken time to play their game. Turns out it was a combination of both.

ClockworkUniverse

Nov 15, 2012
This isn't bizarre in the Youtube-worthy sense, but rather in the "broke the game and I have never heard of anyone else encountering it, ever" sense.

I'm fuzzy on the details because this was something like ten years ago, but in Kingdom Hearts 2, toward the end of the game (maybe 80-90% through), there was a battle where you were supposed to hold out against enemies for a certain amount of time. I don't know if it was my disc, my PS2, my save file, or what, but for me and as far as I know only me, the battle would not end when it was supposed to. You'd just fight until you died. And yes, this was a story battle, yes, it was near the end of the game, and no, I never found a workaround.

I've never been able to play Kingdom Hearts since because to this day I don't know how KH2 ends. I considered restarting it in the hopes this wouldn't happen again, but by that point I was just so far into the game I couldn't bring myself to do it. I could just read a summary or watch the cutscenes on Youtube or something, but it wouldn't be the same, you know?

So yeah, not bizarre in the "whoa why are physics broken" sense or anything, but definitely bizarre in the "there's a save-ruining bug in a very popular game that nobody has seen but me! Why are you all looking at me like I'm crazy?" sense. Not going to lie, this was kind of traumatizing to 14-year-old massive-Kingdom-hearts-fan me.

John Reidhead

Dec 15, 2013
I was playing A knock off pc version of God of war, and when I went to climb the first stone totem for the staff of hell I fell through the top and went into blue hell. If u don't know what blue hell is it what happens when you can explore under a map.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I was just playing Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus a few days ago and in one of the clank levels I broke through the bottom of the level and used Clank's gravity powers to explore the hammerspace in 3D. turns out the level was right under the place where Ratchet was fighting the final boss, though I eventually died. That's not the weird part though. The weird part is that I somehow broke out AGAIN and used the glitch to complete the segment without any sign of damage, because I could manipulate things inside the playspace, but they couldn't touch me. That was something.

Kursura

Apr 8, 2010
I had a strange case in the new Prince of Persia. I fell through the floor of one of the towers, out of the world before then being teleported back to where I had been standing. And a few minutes earlier Elika had levitated into the air and started talking to walls ._.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
TheYellowManalishi said:
Couple of weeks ago in Fallout New Vegas. I entered the Strip, and when the map loaded a random Brahmin came running down the street, right past me, then the game crashed.

use "boss" to sort your load order, only time i have have problems with new vegas is when i uninstalled install too many mods without a new game, last time i updated all my mods, wrye bashed it, boss load order sorted, and played well into the game without a crash all the way into vegas and beyond.

back to the op, years ago played asherion's call, and at the time i think i was playing some f1 game, left my wheel attached to my pc, did not need to for ac, but did not see any harm....

ran AC and when i got in game my graphics were messed up, whole textures just gone, big chunks of the world invisible or acting like mirrors. in a panic i reverified my game cache, spent 4 or 5 hours resinstalling the whole game on dial up 56k, to find my game was still messed up.

At this point i got to thinking well wth, is different, well my racing wheel was plugged in, so i unplugged it and ran the game again and low and behold the game was working again, never again did i leave my microsoft sidewinder ff wheel plugged in while trying to play asherions call again.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
ClockworkUniverse said:
This isn't bizarre in the Youtube-worthy sense, but rather in the "broke the game and I have never heard of anyone else encountering it, ever" sense.

I'm fuzzy on the details because this was something like ten years ago, but in Kingdom Hearts 2, toward the end of the game (maybe 80-90% through), there was a battle where you were supposed to hold out against enemies for a certain amount of time. I don't know if it was my disc, my PS2, my save file, or what, but for me and as far as I know only me, the battle would not end when it was supposed to. You'd just fight until you died. And yes, this was a story battle, yes, it was near the end of the game, and no, I never found a workaround.

I've never been able to play Kingdom Hearts since because to this day I don't know how KH2 ends. I considered restarting it in the hopes this wouldn't happen again, but by that point I was just so far into the game I couldn't bring myself to do it. I could just read a summary or watch the cutscenes on Youtube or something, but it wouldn't be the same, you know?

So yeah, not bizarre in the "whoa why are physics broken" sense or anything, but definitely bizarre in the "there's a save-ruining bug in a very popular game that nobody has seen but me! Why are you all looking at me like I'm crazy?" sense. Not going to lie, this was kind of traumatizing to 14-year-old massive-Kingdom-hearts-fan me.
Um, are you talking about the battle of a thousand heartless? Because that's not a hold out battle, you literally have to kill 1,000 heartless to continue. Of course, maybe you meant it didn't end after you beat 1,000 of them, in which case, yeah, your game is broken. But if that's not the case, you might just need to grind to be powerful enough to kill enough of them.

ClockworkUniverse

Nov 15, 2012
klaynexas3 said:
ClockworkUniverse said:

Um, are you talking about the battle of a thousand heartless? Because that's not a hold out battle, you literally have to kill 1,000 heartless to continue. Of course, maybe you meant it didn't end after you beat 1,000 of them, in which case, yeah, your game is broken. But if that's not the case, you might just need to grind to be powerful enough to kill enough of them.
Nope. I definitely got through that. It was really easy. I looked up the point I was at and everything just to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong like that, and nope. Just the game not working properly.

GamerAddict7796

Jun 2, 2010
TheYellowManalishi said:

Yeah, the Brahmin's meant to appear but seeing as it's New Vegas, the crash isn't that shocking.

OT: On Fallout 3, I killed an Enclave scumbag and went into a nearby building. When I came out, his body was stretched to ungodly proportions, flying around in the air until it snapped and he flew up into the sky before landing right in front of me. It was hilarious!

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
ClockworkUniverse said:
Man, that's really unfortunate :( It actually sounds kinda cool to have to fight to your last breath in a Kingdom Hearts game though, since usually the enemies aren't that difficult and fending off waves and waves of them is usually awesome fun. Still, sucks that you couldn't continue...

OT: I don't think mine's bizzare in that it's unusual, just bizzare in nature! In Skyrim, for some reason, whenever I killed a dragon and its corpse burned up to leave nothing but a skeleton - the skeleton seemed to weigh no more than that the size of a rabbit. I could punch it and it would move a few feet, slash at it to watch it go off like a train, or throw a high level spell at it and watch it fly into orbit really f*cking fast! :D It was great fun! I like to picture an old farmer and his wife having a picnic together when suddenly a dragon skeleton lands 5ft from where they're sitting.

nariette

Jun 9, 2013
Red Dead Redemption had some hilarious glitches. At one point you could actually ride people like donkeys.

In the Fable saga there are lots of little things that the creators simply threw in there for fun. In the first installment you had to find someone's name by smashing boulders with letters. If you hit the boulders in the correct order a door would open. The letters were T, I, S and H. The name was HITS, but if you spelled SHIT a couple of werewolves would randomly attack you. They're not really glitches, just little jokes.

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
Sonic heroes: Sonic does Tails in the butt... while Knuckles watches... With no hands. I even recorded it from my old TV. (Just check the usernames, I really recorded this) I don't know what triggers it, and it never happened again. My sister and I just laughed uncontrollably.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Uhhh, most recent would have to be that guy whose name I forgot getting cloned outside Whiterun all the time, in Skyrim. I think I had about six of him standing in that spot at some moment.

Wrath 228

Aug 26, 2010
Was playing Ghost Recon Future Soldier a few weeks back on the Pakistan level, and my character put his hand to his head for the communication interlude while we were waiting for the helicopter. He never took his hand off for the rest of the level. While I was manning the minigun, he had one hand to his ear. When I got off the chopper? Held the PKP at his side with one hand and still kept the other to his ear.

When I finally fired my weapon?

He leaned sideways, twisted so the gun was facing where I was aiming, and essentially fired a PKP like a gangsta. My friends and I laughed for several minutes, to the point where we couldn't breathe.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I was playing Perfect Dark Zero on the X-Box 360 with a couple of my college roommates a few years back, and the game went all sorts of crazy when I killed one of them with the sniper rifle.

It was a headshot one-hit kill, but instead of the usual death animations, the body started spinning wildly. After a couple rotations it started to stretch, getting larger and larger with each additional rotation. Eventually the corpse was so large and stretched out that it could touch both sides of the map. It kept getting larger and stretching until it eventually filled the entire screen, causing the game to just freeze and forcing us to restart the console.

I wish I'd gotten a video of it. We were laughing our asses off watching it.